logo
Old 01-04-2018, 03:57 PM
Find More Posts by aalfawaz
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2015
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papatrey View Post
The manual doesn't say anything about a front or back for the main landing gear. Is there a way to identify the front or does it not matter?
I believe you could install it in any direction. But wait on others input
aalfawaz is offline Find More Posts by aalfawaz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-04-2018, 04:17 PM
Find More Posts by Papatrey
United States, GA, Fayetteville
Joined Jan 2016
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalfawaz View Post
I believe you could install it in any direction. But wait on others input
I have noted some slight differences. One edge is fatter than the other. With the fatter side forward, there is slight forward sweep of the gear. It looks like the gear is designed to be airfoil shaped if you put the fatter edge forward.

If this isn't correct, please let me know. I would like to get confirmation before I attached the wheel pants.
Papatrey is offline Find More Posts by Papatrey
Last edited by Papatrey; 01-04-2018 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:46 PM
Find More Posts by NashVegas
"CrashVegas" more appropriate!
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Jun 2014
756 Posts
Quote:
The manual doesn't say anything about a front or back for the main landing gear. Is there a way to identify the front or does it not matter?
Yep, there is a subtle difference and you definitely want the gear swept forward. Takes a minute to figure it out but look at the gear from different angles and you'll see a slight forward bend. Flip it around a few times and you'll see it. I've also layed the gear on a flat surface and flipped it over a couple of times to help see the difference. .
Richard
NashVegas is offline Find More Posts by NashVegas
Old 01-04-2018, 05:49 PM
Find More Posts by 74Ranch
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Sep 2013
434 Posts
Well had a snow day today, so I worked on my Laser, glued a bunch of hinges, and control horns, installed servos in the stab. I like these 91" planes it is easy to work on. Think this weekend the DA70 will get installed and this is my first canister setup so if any one can give me some advice on setup for the can, I would appreciate it. It will be 2:1 header, and I have. MTW 110 front dump I would like to use, I guess it depends on where the dump tube exits, don't want to cut my cowl. Other wise I will order the rear dump. Any one go a header length? I'm just a sport flyer so it's all about reliability for me.
Thanks
Tom
74Ranch is offline Find More Posts by 74Ranch
Old 01-04-2018, 06:52 PM
Joined Jan 2016
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Ranch View Post
Other wise I will order the rear dump.
Just a heads up to you and others who may be thinking of going with the MTW TD110H. I received the following response in an email from DA when I asked about that canister:

"Unfortunately well be out of stock until sometime around mid February as we are awaiting orders to arrive from Germany. I hope this time frame works for you."
Old 01-04-2018, 07:01 PM
Find More Posts by camss69
DDD
Joined Dec 2006
1,677 Posts
Quote:
Just a heads up to you and others who may be thinking of going with the MTW TD110H. I received the following response in an email from DA when I asked about that canister:

"Unfortunately well be out of stock until sometime around mid February as we are awaiting orders to arrive from Germany. I hope this time frame works for you."
Krap! I just emailed them asking about stock status!
camss69 is offline Find More Posts by camss69
Old 01-04-2018, 07:04 PM
Joined Jan 2016
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camss69 View Post
Krap! I just emailed them asking about stock status!
There is a header/can for sale:

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...0h#post2682593

Not a whole lot of posts though. ????

The 60mm drop is correct according to an earlier post by Chris Hinson.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:41 PM
Find More Posts by DCDave
Joined Apr 2017
10 Posts
I know of two exhaust sets that are looking for a new home.
DCDave is offline Find More Posts by DCDave
Old 01-04-2018, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by Nat3D
Nat 3D
Panama, Panama City
Joined Aug 2017
312 Posts
Mine arrives to MIA the 01/08 and then will take like 15 days to get here in Panama so the waiting time is exasperating
Nat3D is offline Find More Posts by Nat3D
Old 01-05-2018, 06:24 AM
Joined Sep 2013
434 Posts
Quote:

Yea I got a return email from DA, but they said Jan. looks like it has been bumped. It's winter and I'm taking my time on the build, if they don't make in Feb. then I might just use my MTW110 instead. if I can make the dump tube come out behind the cowl, then that might be the way I go.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:36 PM
Find More Posts by camss69
DDD
Joined Dec 2006
1,677 Posts
If you run the canister setup does it necessitate running the pull pull rudder servo? Anyone balance one yet with the canister setup?
camss69 is offline Find More Posts by camss69
Old 01-06-2018, 05:31 PM
Joined Sep 2013
434 Posts
Any 2:1 with can setup pics, I had a great all day build on my Lazer and I noticed in the kit there are two panels that have louvers in them. I guess you cut out the louvers, remove the covering from the bottom of the plane and screw these panels in place. I have never done a canister setup and I don't want to screw this Great looking plane up by doing something stupid. I'm also now getting those dumb ass Amazon pop ups on this thread, first it was just on the classifieds. I'm not buying a new IPad just so I can get Ad blocker app.
T
Old 01-06-2018, 06:18 PM
Find More Posts by aalfawaz
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2015
1,160 Posts
Quote:
Any 2:1 with can setup pics, I had a great all day build on my Lazer and I noticed in the kit there are two panels that have louvers in them. I guess you cut out the louvers, remove the covering from the bottom of the plane and screw these panels in place. I have never done a canister setup and I don't want to screw this Great looking plane up by doing something stupid. I'm also now getting those dumb ass Amazon pop ups on this thread, first it was just on the classifieds. I'm not buying a new IPad just so I can get Ad blocker app.
T
Been having these Amazon ads on FG for a week now. Yesterday it got to the point where I cannot visit FG I think it is not intended by FG and must mean a breach in their website.
aalfawaz is offline Find More Posts by aalfawaz
Old 01-06-2018, 07:50 PM
Find More Posts by madinpensacola
New plane junkie
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Jun 2014
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camss69 View Post
If you run the canister setup does it necessitate running the pull pull rudder servo? Anyone balance one yet with the canister setup?
No. Push pull is fine. Thats what Im running. Single rudder servo in the tail and batteries by the fuel tank just like everyone else with push pull.
madinpensacola is online now Find More Posts by madinpensacola
Old 01-06-2018, 07:52 PM
Find More Posts by madinpensacola
New plane junkie
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Jun 2014
2,296 Posts
Quote:
T
Yes. Cut out and install both vents. Also cut out the two large squares right in front of the landing gear behind the cowl.
madinpensacola is online now Find More Posts by madinpensacola

Quick Reply