logo
Old 04-08-2008, 07:46 AM
Find More Posts by billteg
Joined Jan 2008
20 Posts
Re: Detailed "Triple Build" from Team Outlaw!

Reference Chrome 350. Good question. Bit puzzled too. Hope someone is using Jerry's set up and can tell us more. Maybe one half was expanded with a mandrel and the other half slips inside?
billteg is offline Find More Posts by billteg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Find More Posts by RobertV
increasing thrust........
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2006
7,139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome350 View Post
What's the difference between the muffler on the build thread an the Jerry Smith power pipe? I see that Jerry's is a two piece and the coupling is inside the can. Also, it does not have the small pipe coming out of the back. Does it weigh less? Does it have better performance?
Thanks
The Smith Power Pipe is Jerry's latest version of the mousse can muffler that he produces for sale. The info about it is here. He told me that the extended "body" makes it quieter and keeps the exhaust off the fin where you hold it to launch. I can't tell you first hand if it has better performance but if Jerry (Mr. Performance) is flying it, you can bet it gets the job done! I'm sure he'd be happy to give you the scoop if you contact him.
RobertV is offline Find More Posts by RobertV
Old 04-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Find More Posts by joshatapp
greensboro, nc
Joined May 2006
115 Posts

Ok, so now we know how wonderful the outlaw is but the question is how in the hell do you get it to do all that cool stuff. The only thing I can get it to do besides the really really fast roll rate is full speed straight down then high rates and sticks to the top outside corners (full down, right ail, left rudder, full power). This is instant stop and into an inverted flat spin. Sunday I was of the runway 3 times due to trying to get it lower and lower but I love how strong this thing is.....

So any secrets would be great.

Thanks
Josh
joshatapp is offline Find More Posts by joshatapp
Old 04-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Find More Posts by Panzlflyer
Joined Dec 2006
396 Posts

try high speed snap....you can hear the air clap
Panzlflyer is offline Find More Posts by Panzlflyer
Old 04-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Find More Posts by JAMPILOT
FLY HARD OR GO HOME
Alvin, Texas
Joined Oct 2006
203 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billteg View Post
Hi James Copley! Your pic of "Outlaw" and field looks super. Glad you're into fast deltas down there in Texas. Sounds like the OS 32 is working out well for you. I'm experimenting with other engines and have had modest success. My rush comes with speed and I haven't used a rudder. Nontheless, I am satislfied with unbeleivable roll rate and turning and burning. Will be trying Tetra pressure bladder tanks for even better engine runs and more speed. Remember that the color of adrenaline is brown!
billteg, Thanks for the compliment. I am really getting into this delta wing thing. I have got the OS 32 dialed in an it is screaming. My wife works for a JP, and one of her constables is going to let her borrow one of their radar guns, so I can clock the speed. I just haven't got the hang of the wad yet, I just keep ending up with an uncontrollable flat spin/nose dive to the ground, but I WILL get it. You are right the color of adrenaline is BROWN!!!

Ok Larry, here goes, OUTLAWWWWWWWWWWW!!
And that IS with a strong Southern draw!! lol
JAMPILOT is offline Find More Posts by JAMPILOT
Old 04-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Find More Posts by madmax
The Michael Jordan of RC
United States, CA, Aliso Viejo
Joined Jan 2006
22,515 Posts

You guys are awesome man!!! Glad to see you're havin' a good time!!! TONS of good info in here circus dudes, proud to have ya here.
madmax is offline Find More Posts by madmax
Old 04-09-2008, 08:22 AM
Find More Posts by billteg
Joined Jan 2008
20 Posts

Good day Andrew Thompson. Those high speed snaps bring smiling faces. Sounds like a chopper beating the air! Bit tough on equipment. Had to work on getting batteries back in position in two ships after some of this and I build as if I still worked for Grumman. Just an effort to put up with to keep us smiling.
billteg is offline Find More Posts by billteg
Old 04-09-2008, 08:32 AM
Find More Posts by RobertV
increasing thrust........
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2006
7,139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshatapp View Post
Ok, so now we know how wonderful the outlaw is but the question is how in the hell do you get it to do all that cool stuff. The only thing I can get it to do besides the really really fast roll rate is full speed straight down then high rates and sticks to the top outside corners (full down, right ail, left rudder, full power). This is instant stop and into an inverted flat spin. Sunday I was of the runway 3 times due to trying to get it lower and lower but I love how strong this thing is.....

So any secrets would be great.

Thanks
Josh
Josh,

We're glad to hear that you are enjoying your OUTLAW! Larry explained some of the maneuvers we do with them in an earlier post here. Have a look and go for it. And this plane if fun to experiment with in the air so just try all sorts of things with it. We still get surprised with some new maneuvers!

Have Fun!
RobertV is offline Find More Posts by RobertV
Old 04-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Find More Posts by Larry Lewis
Raleigh NC
Joined Jan 2006
2,887 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
You guys are awesome man!!! Glad to see you're havin' a good time!!! TONS of good info in here circus dudes, proud to have ya here.
And By God,,,,we izzz glad to BE HERE!
See'ya at "The Nall" Max
Larry Lewis is offline Find More Posts by Larry Lewis
Old 04-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Find More Posts by weezle
Doo It! Doo It!
Perryville, MO
Joined Mar 2008
187 Posts

do i need to break my o.s. 32 in with standard muffler before applying my mousse can muffler?
weezle is offline Find More Posts by weezle
Old 04-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Find More Posts by bigredav2002
Joined Jan 2006
180 Posts

A fellow club and FG member (yakattack) did a "stress" test on his outlaw yesterday. We learned that from about 30 feet up at about half speed that the OUTLAW is very durable. It hit hard enough to break the APC prop and twist the carb. The only damage was that the right side elevon servo mount pulled out of the hatch(he didnt add any glue like was suggested on this thread). These are some tough airframes!!
See yall on the 19th with at least 1 OUTLAW.
Wes Ryman
bigredav2002 is offline Find More Posts by bigredav2002
Old 04-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Find More Posts by JAMPILOT
FLY HARD OR GO HOME
Alvin, Texas
Joined Oct 2006
203 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezle View Post
do i need to break my o.s. 32 in with standard muffler before applying my mousse can muffler?
weezle, I broke my OS 32 in with the mousse can muffler, and it seems to be doing fine.
JAMPILOT is offline Find More Posts by JAMPILOT
Old 04-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Find More Posts by fixedwing71
4000 Watt Club
Rocky Mount, NC
Joined Apr 2008
115 Posts

Sup everyone, this is Mike Then from the Tarheel R/C Flyers. In-between the rain showers today, I put the maiden flight on my e-powered Outlaw ARF. I can see why you guys have so much fun with these planes! Mine's just a shade heavier than a fellow club-member's Webra .32-powered version, but it's certainly not lacking in the speed department. I've got a few bugs to work out and adjustments to make - such as the motor wires NOT unplugging themselves during violent maneuvers - but this is definitely a sweet-flying airplane.

Larry or Robert, if you guys have some time this week I'd love to give you a call ask ask a few Outlaw-related questions if you don't mind.
fixedwing71 is offline Find More Posts by fixedwing71
Old 04-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Find More Posts by Larry Lewis
Raleigh NC
Joined Jan 2006
2,887 Posts

No problem Mike

OH,,,and WHERE were YOU Saturday???? lol
Larry Lewis is offline Find More Posts by Larry Lewis
Old 04-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by getfurious
You want me to do WHAT?
Exeter, NH
Joined Apr 2006
41 Posts

I just finished mine, it only came out at 3lbs 4oz. I thought it would have been much heavier considering the equipment I used.

Setup:
OS .37 SZH on a apc 9X7
Macs muffler
ST126MGs, HS81 on the throttle
VPX 1100mah pack
AR7000

I need to get a mousse can muffler but the macs works really well with the .37 and it is very lightweight. My new favorite move would have to be the pile driver, I just need to work on it so when it flats spin I can recover without losing more altitude.
getfurious is offline Find More Posts by getfurious

Quick Reply