logo
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 09:35 AM
pilot-rc is offline
Find More Posts by pilot-rc
Registered User
China
Joined Apr 2008
1,165 Posts
Re: Pilot RC 50cc 122" Decathlon

I believe it is better to tell the different between RC GUY and Pilot RC Decathlon. this is the different I had found after I study their manual:

Genuine Oracover (Ultracote) ,painted 5" CF spinner, painted CF landing gear,CF tailwheel,twin CF wing tube,twin CF tail stab tube,preinstall door,preinstall windows,preinstall all the hinges,preinstall fuel tank,preinstall rods with ball link,preinstall rudder pull pull wire with ball link, AL hub tires, preinstall FLAPS, removable stabilizer
pilot-rc is offline Find More Posts by pilot-rc
Last edited by pilot-rc; 01-23-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Super08 is offline
Find More Posts by Super08
Who put that tree there?
Super08's Avatar
Fort McMurray AB
Joined Mar 2008
7,126 Posts
Re: Pilot RC 50cc 122" Decathlon

Tony add in genuine Oracover (Ultracote) instead of cheap covering that falls apart.
Super08 is offline Find More Posts by Super08
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2011, 10:32 PM
pilot-rc is offline
Find More Posts by pilot-rc
Registered User
China
Joined Apr 2008
1,165 Posts
Re: Pilot RC 50cc 122" Decathlon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super08 View Post
Tony add in genuine Oracover (Ultracote) instead of cheap covering that falls apart.
we only use genuine Oracover (Ultracote). not use any other covering.
pilot-rc is offline Find More Posts by pilot-rc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Super08 is offline
Find More Posts by Super08
Who put that tree there?
Super08's Avatar
Fort McMurray AB
Joined Mar 2008
7,126 Posts
Re: Pilot RC 50cc 122" Decathlon

Yes that is what I mean, you use the good covering.

The other plane does not....
Super08 is offline Find More Posts by Super08
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Spdstr280Z is offline
Find More Posts by Spdstr280Z
Registered User
Spdstr280Z's Avatar
United States, GA, Watkinsville
Joined Aug 2007
1,272 Posts
Re: Pilot RC 50cc 122" Decathlon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot-rc View Post
I believe it is better to tell the different between RC GUY and Pilot RC Decathlon. this is the different I had found after I study their manual:

painted 5" CF spinner, painted CF landing gear,CF tailwheel,twin CF wing tube,twin CF tail stab tube,preinstall door,preinstall windows,preinstall all the hinges,preinstall fuel tank,preinstall rods with ball link,preinstall rudder pull pull wire with ball link, AL hub tires, preinstall FLAPS, removable stabilizer
Yep, you certainly have much better features than the RC Guys plane, and yes, the covering on the RC Guys is crap (at least the trim is). Please understand, I was never directly comparing the two, only pointing it out as an example of size vs. price, and also comparing it to a 98 inch Extra as to why a 122" Decathlon isn't "really a 40% plane". I am curious though, and I promise after this I will not ask any more about the price, why the 40% Decathlon is $100- $200 less than the 40% Extra, Yak, Sbach, etc., while the 32% Decathlon is more than your 35% Extra, Yak, etc ? It isn't fair to expect the Decathlon at 32% to be less than your other 50cc planes, which are smaller scale, but I think people expected the Decathlon to be priced between the 50cc and 35% planes, I know I did.

Anyway, again good luck Tony. Maybe I will see one on the field and be blown away and decide it is worth every penny !

Jason
Spdstr280Z is offline Find More Posts by Spdstr280Z
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2011, 10:51 PM
rrembert is offline
Find More Posts by rrembert
Registered User
rrembert's Avatar
West Palm Beach, Fl
Joined Feb 2009
314 Posts
Re: Pilot RC 50cc 122" Decathlon

I have a 37.5% Yak, and a 40% Decathlon. My wife has the 36% Sbach. All Pilot RC and all three have been incredible values for the money. I can not imagine that the 50CC Decathlon would be any different. Maybe I missed something in my reading of this thread but it seems to me if the airplane is a similar size to the average 40% airplane than the costs would be similar...
rrembert is offline Find More Posts by rrembert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Spdstr280Z is offline
Find More Posts by Spdstr280Z
Registered User
Spdstr280Z's Avatar
United States, GA, Watkinsville
Joined Aug 2007
1,272 Posts
Re: Pilot RC 50cc 122" Decathlon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrembert View Post
I have a 37.5% Yak, and a 40% Decathlon. My wife has the 36% Sbach. All Pilot RC and all three have been incredible values for the money. I can not imagine that the 50CC Decathlon would be any different. Maybe I missed something in my reading of this thread but it seems to me if the airplane is a similar size to the average 40% airplane than the costs would be similar...
But it isn't, they sell a 40% Decathlon that is $200 less than the other 40% airframes, This is a 32% Decathlon that is priced higher than the 35% airframes. That is why I am confused and disappointed. A 122" wingspan is great, and yes is in 40%'er territory for an Extra, but for a 122" Decathlon, the fuse is much smaller, which is why I posted the pic of my RC Guys Decathlon and my Extra, both at 98" wingspan.

Jason
Spdstr280Z is offline Find More Posts by Spdstr280Z
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2011, 01:19 AM
pilot-rc is offline
Find More Posts by pilot-rc
Registered User
China
Joined Apr 2008
1,165 Posts
Re: Pilot RC 50cc 122" Decathlon

we decide the price per my cost of the plane. my cost is decided by the labor and the material. the labor and the material is decided by the wingspan, fuselage length, how comples to build it. it does not decided by how many percent to the scale plane. it also does not decided by what size engine the plane use. that is why 32% decathlon price is not the same as other 50cc plane. also not between the 50cc and 100cc planes. I hope it can understand well.
pilot-rc is offline Find More Posts by pilot-rc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Spdstr280Z is offline
Find More Posts by Spdstr280Z
Registered User
Spdstr280Z's Avatar
United States, GA, Watkinsville
Joined Aug 2007
1,272 Posts
Re: Pilot RC 50cc 122" Decathlon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot-rc View Post
we decide the price per my cost of the plane. my cost is decided by the labor and the material. the labor and the material is decided by the wingspan, fuselage length, how comples to build it. it does not decided by how many percent to the scale plane. it also does not decided by what size engine the plane use. that is why 32% decathlon price is not the same as other 50cc plane. also not between the 50cc and 100cc planes. I hope it can understand well.
Yes Tony, I understand how costs and prices work very well, I just don't quite understand why this one ended up where it is relative to the others. Thank you very much for your time to explain and to support your customers. That is worth a lot in itself. Please post more pictures and information as they are available, I am looking forward to seeing them.

Thanks,

Jason
Spdstr280Z is offline Find More Posts by Spdstr280Z
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2011, 12:31 PM
fijibubba is offline
Find More Posts by fijibubba
Doo It! Doo It!
fijibubba's Avatar
United States, CA, Trabuco Canyon
Joined Jun 2009
253 Posts
Re: Pilot RC 50cc 122" Decathlon

I have the 47%er and I have to tell you it was worth EVERY penny! The plane flys great and Tonys customer service and product support is word class. I dont have any regrets for opening my wallet to pay for such a quality product....it truely is built with outstanding craftsmanship! Anyone who makes this purchase I'm certain will enjoy it as much I do and will be proud of it.
fijibubba is offline Find More Posts by fijibubba
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2011, 03:21 PM
affas is offline
Find More Posts by affas
Registered User
affas's Avatar
Norway
Joined Jan 2006
203 Posts
Re: Pilot RC 50cc 122" Decathlon

And 12S5000 with hacker A80. I really think mine will be electric with that setup!
affas is offline Find More Posts by affas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Spdstr280Z is offline
Find More Posts by Spdstr280Z
Registered User
Spdstr280Z's Avatar
United States, GA, Watkinsville
Joined Aug 2007
1,272 Posts
Re: Pilot RC 50cc 122" Decathlon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fijibubba View Post
I have the 47%er and I have to tell you it was worth EVERY penny! The plane flys great and Tonys customer service and product support is word class. I dont have any regrets for opening my wallet to pay for such a quality product....it truely is built with outstanding craftsmanship! Anyone who makes this purchase I'm certain will enjoy it as much I do and will be proud of it.
Your thread is where I learned that Pilot was planning the small one and got excited about it. Ironically, I also think the price is great on the 40% and 47% versions. Enjoy it !

Jason
Spdstr280Z is offline Find More Posts by Spdstr280Z
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2011, 01:33 AM
fijibubba is offline
Find More Posts by fijibubba
Doo It! Doo It!
fijibubba's Avatar
United States, CA, Trabuco Canyon
Joined Jun 2009
253 Posts
Re: Pilot RC 50cc 122" Decathlon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdstr280Z View Post
Your thread is where I learned that Pilot was planning the small one and got excited about it. Ironically, I also think the price is great on the 40% and 47% versions. Enjoy it !

Jason

Thanks Jason I appreciate it.....maybe if you hold out you'll be able to find one used at a field near you...my next venture will be a pilot 42% edge.....
fijibubba is offline Find More Posts by fijibubba
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Efishensea is offline
Find More Posts by Efishensea
F - IT !!!!
Efishensea's Avatar
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Jul 2008
1,204 Posts
Re: Pilot RC 50cc 122" Decathlon

And were off! Here she is... Should be covered and shipped by next week. I will start a New Install Thread when She hits the Drive Way!
Efishensea is offline Find More Posts by Efishensea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2011, 12:50 PM
fijibubba is offline
Find More Posts by fijibubba
Doo It! Doo It!
fijibubba's Avatar
United States, CA, Trabuco Canyon
Joined Jun 2009
253 Posts
Re: Pilot RC 50cc 122" Decathlon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efishensea View Post
And were off! Here she is... Should be covered and shipped by next week. I will start a New Install Thread when She hits the Drive Way!
BEAUTIFULLLLLLLL
fijibubba is offline Find More Posts by fijibubba
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


Quick Reply
Message:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools