logo

Clover Creek - 2019 Senior TOC/Freestyle

Enjoy this great coverage from RC's first lady, Casie Dussia!

Splash

Clover Creek - Senior TOC

A big thanks to Casie, Rich Whitlow, and Curtis Cozier for taking the time to shoot the photos. Casie then wrote the article and it a real feature. Congrats to all that participated!!

From Casie Dussia...

The beautiful Clover Creek in Toone, TN was home to the 2019 Senior TOC/Freestyle Invitational over Labor Day weekend. In typical Clover Creek fashion, Tina Schroder and David Moser made everyone feel right at home.

Gil Major and the rest of the organizers provided a very well run, historic contest that was certain to make Big John himself extremely proud.

With Curtis Cozier on the mic, Tom Reifsnyder on music, and a group of knowledgeable and talented judges and competitors, it was an amazing show to watch!

On behalf of Clover Creek, we are very excited to announce that 2020 Senior TOC/Freestyle Invitational will take place on September 3rd-6th, 2020!

As of date, the 2020 format will remain the same: The TOC list will be comprised of legendary pilots that have flown in past Tournament of Champions and are at least 50 years old. The Freestyle pilot list will consist of the top 7 finishers from this year, as well as 14 additional talented invitees. You can find more contest and criteria information among the attached photos. *Any potential and/or necessary contest changes made at CD’s discretion will be posted prior to contest date*

From Gil Major, 2019 Invitational CD:

“Although the caliber of competitors was intimidating, the competitors made the event so easy to manage.”

From Jase Dussia, 2019 Freestyle Winner:

"Clover Creek is such an iconic venue for many reasons, and it's such an honor to visit and compete. Thanks to everyone who put in the work and dedication to make the event successful. This contest is one that I will always treasure!"

From Mike McConville, 2019 Senior TOC Winner:

“It was a true honor to be asked to come compete in the Sr TOC and Freestyle Invitational. All the flying was absolutely amazing! For me, being reunited with several of my fellow TOC competitors was an experience that put this event at the absolute top of my all-time favorites flying event list. It was all about reminiscing, laughing, watching and helping each other fly. I was really impressed with how well everyone flew and honestly felt that no one in the Sr TOC competition had lost anything over the years. True champions and true friends for sure!”

Photos courtesy of Rich Whitlow, Curtis Cozier, and Casie Dussia.

Last edited by Jim T.; 10-01-2019 at 01:07 PM..
Old 10-03-2019, 09:11 PM
Find More Posts by crash-n-burn
United States, FL, Lakeland
Joined Feb 2008
2,090 Posts
Looks like the hot RC moms are stealing the show when it comes to #of image views !
crash-n-burn is offline Find More Posts by crash-n-burn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2019, 10:03 PM
Find More Posts by eheliflyer
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,664 Posts
Lol!
eheliflyer is offline Find More Posts by eheliflyer
Old 10-04-2019, 05:45 AM
Find More Posts by Gil R Major
Sponsored by My Wife
United States, TN, Jacksboro
Joined Feb 2006
332 Posts
Thank You Casie, Rich, Curtis, and Jim for the great write up and fantastic pictures.

Thank You to all the competitors you really did make it a great fun contest!

With the help of the 2019 more mature competitors we hope to bring back more TOC competitors in 2020.
Gil R Major is offline Find More Posts by Gil R Major
Old 10-08-2019, 09:03 AM
Find More Posts by Henry Piorun
Old time pattern dude
Mission B.C. Canada
Joined Feb 2009
1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash-n-burn View Post
Looks like the hot RC moms are stealing the show when it comes to #of image views !
Isn't that the truth, lol. 2 or 3 times the views!
Henry Piorun is offline Find More Posts by Henry Piorun
Old 10-12-2019, 06:12 PM
Find More Posts by don szczur
Joined May 2009
131 Posts
This was such a great event. Thanks for the pictures Casie, and thanks Tina, the staff, freestyle pilots and so many who came out to make us feel special- and all the TOC pilots -as we cheered each other on. It brought back some amazing memories. I'm thinking hard about getting that 46% CAP flight worthy for next year...
don szczur is offline Find More Posts by don szczur

Quick Reply