logo
Old 06-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Find More Posts by closetguy
United States, OH, Berlin Heights
Joined Jul 2006
4,872 Posts
I would buy a used DA150 for 500-600 bucks first before spending this kind of money.That way you leave yourself some room for needed work if needed and then you know what you got.The 150 is just a time proven test engine that runs.
closetguy is online now Find More Posts by closetguy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Find More Posts by nate3d
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined Dec 2009
42 Posts
150s are great, I have 2. The 144 is a misnomer. It is a 120cc class engine. Its weight is that of the DLE 120, DA120 and GP123. 150s are 2+pounds heavier. DJ engines are not widely known. I understand if anyone was in the market for this type engine it would be difficult purchasing with all the other options. We never know if we don't try, right? Someone must have bit the bullet and bought one? Anyone?? I would but have too many in this size range as is. I do really like my DJ72-G2
nate3d is offline Find More Posts by nate3d
Old 06-09-2019, 12:33 AM
Find More Posts by antique
older than dirt,
United States, AZ, Williams
Joined Aug 2007
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCEXTREMEPOWER View Post
The JC 30 is the only engine I know of that used steel washers, they were soft metal and was a lose fit on the wriest pin, As the engine was banging up and down the washer blew into little peace's destroying the engine.

The system they are using in the DJ72 is the same Zenoah has been using for years.

Milton
All Zenozh and Quadras use steel washers..For the last 30 +ears..Never saw one worn out..
antique is offline Find More Posts by antique
Old 10-14-2019, 10:11 PM
Find More Posts by spitfire66
United States, MO, Liberty
Joined Oct 2009
15 Posts
My buddy has a top flite giant P47 with the dj72 v2 and a dle 55 side exhaust muffler, as it is smaller and allows a nice dummy radial. Mejzlik 24x10 2 blade is turning 6500 rpm on the ground at 1,000 feet MSL in Kansas City and outside air temp around 65 this morning. This Thing is mean in the air! Loud and fast and pulls a huge vertical loop! Also unloads nicely. I’m excited for my hangar 9 corsair. I’ll be doing a mej as well, but 3 blade. Not just a 3D engine anymore.
spitfire66 is offline Find More Posts by spitfire66

Quick Reply