logo
Old 11-24-2015, 10:33 PM
Find More Posts by vegasking1961
Team 3DRC Hobbies
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Feb 2011
1,207 Posts
I am using a single MKS HBL380 servo on mine. I have been using a slightly less torque servo, the MKS HV777 on my 104 Slick for over a year and a half without any problems and the rudder on the Laser is slightly smaller than the Slicks. I'd rather have push pull than pull pull but have pull pull on several planes and have never had any problems using it. I am going to try pull pull first and if it is not too hard to balance it later by going push pull I will go to that.
vegasking1961 is offline Find More Posts by vegasking1961
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-25-2015, 04:08 PM
Find More Posts by JIMZACH
WELLINGTON,FLORIDA USA
Joined Mar 2006
566 Posts
For me when ever it is possible I run the Push Pull rudder servo setup. I have a personal preference for it. For me it is much simpler. However, it does effect CG and on certain planes it affects CG tremendously. As for servo power, more is never wrong. I am a competition pilot, so I am performance oriented, as are most 3D and aerobatic pilots. I am building a new IMAC comp aircraft the Dalton 300 ML and I will be using only one servo on the rudder on it Push Pull. Now granted this is an IMAC bird and will not have alot of throw and its a JR MPH83T with 550 oz/in but I feel it will be more than adequate. I may run two only to help offset the weight of the DA-200 going on the nose. I flew a H9 Composite QQ Yak in the 2014 XFC with a single 8911 on the rudder and it had tremendous rudder authority. All in all, both ways work, and if it works properly thats what is important. If anyone is unsure, follow the recommended setup from AJ or Seals. They know the plane best.

P.S.
Was not able to maiden the 105" today due to very high winds, im going to try and sneek out tomorrow morning early before the wind kicks up again. Just happy that its starting to cool off here in So Flo!

Zach
JIMZACH is offline Find More Posts by JIMZACH
Old 11-25-2015, 04:37 PM
Find More Posts by scottyb313
AJ Aircraft
United States, MI, Petersburg
Joined Sep 2013
501 Posts
JIMZACH

Cant wait to here how your 105 maiden goes, good luck and let us know what you think. Video would be good to
scottyb313 is offline Find More Posts by scottyb313
Old 11-25-2015, 05:02 PM
Find More Posts by jms5599
United States, MO, High Ridge
Joined Feb 2009
953 Posts
I saw a friends 105 Laser last night. Really liked everything, except the rudder seams really small and squared? Any thoughts? Kinda looks like a pattern plane.
jms5599 is offline Find More Posts by jms5599
Old 11-25-2015, 05:49 PM
Find More Posts by Nikolei Zinsli
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Apr 2008
455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil4 View Post
Anyone have an idea of what AJ Aircraft has up their sleeve for Black Friday? I am anxious to hear what the "special" is.... Free shipping on a 105 Laser would be nice
Now ya know!
Nikolei Zinsli is online now Find More Posts by Nikolei Zinsli
Old 11-25-2015, 06:04 PM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetNZ View Post
Now ya know!
Come one HornetNZ, tell me what the 3rd special is... I know you know
Neil4 is online now Find More Posts by Neil4
Old 11-25-2015, 08:35 PM
Find More Posts by flylow17
United States, TX, Canyon
Joined Oct 2012
182 Posts
I set my ruder up last night. I did pull pull. While doing this I looked at the elevators and compared them to 104 slick side by side. They have a different shape but I thank the laser is as big or just a fraction larger. As far as the rudder goes the laser is smaller rudder the slick is huge I thank to big. The laser could be a little bigger but it seems fine. Yes I am sold on the Laser. The 104 slick was a big disappointment compared to the 89" slick. The 89" slick flew a lot better than the 104" slick. The only thing better about the 104" slick is it is bigger. But fly's like a dog. So if you are getting a slick get a 89" and yes they are in stock and shipping. I don't have a 93" laser so I cant compare them yet. But I hope the 104" slick does not even compare to the 105" laser. I will post a report after I can fly it for a while.
flylow17 is offline Find More Posts by flylow17
Old 11-25-2015, 09:35 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Joined Apr 2008
455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil4 View Post
Come one HornetNZ, tell me what the 3rd special is... I know you know
Well they only need 24 more likes before you can find out!
Old 11-26-2015, 03:36 PM
Joined Oct 2012
182 Posts
105 pics so far

I got a lot done last night this is where I am. I live in Texas and it is raining now but I will madden next week end.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:21 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Joined Apr 2008
455 Posts
We crossed 2000 likes on Facebook!
Old 11-26-2015, 10:06 PM
Joined Oct 2012
182 Posts
More pics

I got more done and will run the engine tomorrow. That brings up another subject do I use brake in oil or just redline. New EME 120 it says to use brake in oil if so what oil.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:49 AM
Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Oct 2011
1,107 Posts
If you want to use "break-in oil" I'm sure that refers to a mineral oil. Stihl HP is a good choice and many ACE hardware stores carry the Stihl product line. The Pennzoil Two Cycle for Air Cooled engines is another choice but it's becoming hard to find.

I have read where many go with synthetic from day one; Redline or Stihl Ultra HP seems to have the largest following. Start with the recommended gas/oil mix for a couple of gallons before you start to lean the ratio, if you choose to do that.
Capt. Roll is offline Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
Old 11-27-2015, 10:39 AM
Joined Oct 2012
182 Posts
Break in oil

Thanks for the info Capt. I have a DA 100 that is still blowing this black stuff out of it after 5 gal run through it. It is still not broke in so I am going to use break in oil for two gal. For this new engine.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:29 PM
Find More Posts by JIMZACH
WELLINGTON,FLORIDA USA
Joined Mar 2006
566 Posts
Well, I finally got to Maiden the 105" Laser. After waiting patiently all week for thr hurricane like winds to die down I was able to get to the field early and get 4 good flights. So far I love this plane! Tracks line like they were laser guided, and rolls more axial then any plane iv'e ever flown and with no differential plugged in. The moxing fir rudder coupling was less than 2% which I thought was incredible. It rolls so fast its ridiculous. Does awesome tumbles and KE Spins with tons of authority. I have no doubt that is a 150cc-200cc sixe were made it would be one of the best IMAC machines available. I had a blast flying it and cant wait to tear it up again tomorrow!

Thanks AJ for an awesome plane!!

Zach
JIMZACH is offline Find More Posts by JIMZACH
Old 11-28-2015, 08:07 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Joined Apr 2008
455 Posts
Thanks for the maiden report!