logo
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2016, 10:54 PM
newshoundaussie is offline
Find More Posts by newshoundaussie
Registered User
newshoundaussie's Avatar
Canada, ON, London
Joined Jan 2006
460 Posts
Friend and myself own two 100cc Decathlon's, his fuse is a mess to say the least, mine has some issues also but not quite as bad. This Extra did not impress me at the show as other Hanger9 planes have in the past. Sorry hanger 9 but your QC is slipping lately please get back to the quality of the past.
"PS" when you have a fully sheeted foam wing and stab they really need to be sanded and then cleaned of dust before covering.
newshoundaussie is offline Find More Posts by newshoundaussie
Last edited by newshoundaussie; 04-04-2016 at 10:14 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-04-2016, 03:50 AM
pepe123 is offline
Find More Posts by pepe123
Team Pilot at Pilot-Rc
pepe123's Avatar
Pakistan, Punjab, Lahore
Joined Mar 2008
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangflyer View Post
I've owned a number of H-9 airframes. The 3.1m Sukhoi is an outstanding plane. Mike knows how to design these really well. As for the Sukhoi, I have seen many people huck the crap out of that plane and they just seem to just keep on taking it.

Another MM design, I'm already on board for this one.
pepe123 is offline Find More Posts by pepe123
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016, 05:00 AM
billtnuc - OZZY is offline
Find More Posts by billtnuc - OZZY
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2016
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoffman View Post
I love the plane, but I know nothing about that engine except it seems to be a pound heavier than a DA-120.
Hey Gary, clear your inbox...
billtnuc - OZZY is offline Find More Posts by billtnuc - OZZY
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 04-04-2016, 07:44 AM
ghoffman is offline
Find More Posts by ghoffman
Registered User
ghoffman's Avatar
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Nov 2009
8,063 Posts
OK, done.
ghoffman is offline Find More Posts by ghoffman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016, 08:04 AM
FGNewbie is offline
Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Registered User
FGNewbie's Avatar
Joined Mar 2010
4,055 Posts
Glad to see that Mike and h9 are still.active in giant scale. Looks like a nice airplane. I have a 33% Pawnee and Decathlon - no complaints about either one.
FGNewbie is offline Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Last edited by FGNewbie; 04-04-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Ali Machinchy is offline
Find More Posts by Ali Machinchy
Ali Machinchy: Snr PD Hangar 9
Joined Jan 2016
323 Posts
FYI. This Extra is produced in the same factory that made the previous Extra 300 that it will be replacing.
Ali Machinchy is offline Find More Posts by Ali Machinchy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016, 12:57 PM
AeroSheldon is offline
Find More Posts by AeroSheldon
Nobody has more fun than me!
AeroSheldon's Avatar
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
3,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Machinchy View Post
FYI. This Extra is produced in the same factory that made the previous Extra 300 that it will be replacing.
Awesome!
AeroSheldon is offline Find More Posts by AeroSheldon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016, 02:39 PM
mmcconville is offline
Find More Posts by mmcconville
Registered User
mmcconville's Avatar
Monticello, IL USA
Joined May 2006
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGNewbie View Post
Glad to see that Mike and h9 are still.active in giant scale. Looks like a nice airplane. I have a 33% Pawnee and Decathlon - no complaints about either one.
Thanks for ther kind words. FWIW same factory we used for the Decathlon and Pawnee made the last 300 and this new one. Quality should be excellent.

BTW, small correcttion to the excellent interview video, this new Extra actually uses the same airfoils as the previous one.
Same airfoil I used on the 35% 260 and both the 85cc and 3.1m Suk.
For those that know those models, I think thats important, as this is the absolute best airfoil I have found for aerobatic monoplanes.... 3D or precision.
mmcconville is offline Find More Posts by mmcconville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016, 06:15 PM View Post
rhb
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while rhb edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Mr. Scary is offline
Find More Posts by Mr. Scary
28x Fanboy
Mr. Scary's Avatar
United States, KS, Topeka
Joined May 2014
274 Posts
I sure love the quality of my H9 35% Extra 300, the previous version. It has been nothing but a joy to assemble and I had zero issues. Just my experience.
Mr. Scary is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Scary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2016, 10:42 AM
Renegadeflyer is offline
Find More Posts by Renegadeflyer
Registered User
Renegadeflyer's Avatar
United States, PA, Harrisburg
Joined Feb 2016
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Scary View Post
I sure love the quality of my H9 35% Extra 300, the previous version. It has been nothing but a joy to assemble and I had zero issues. Just my experience.
Agree, especially since its the same factory as the old one. That is key, the old one had very high quality. This plane is very easy to build also, not much to do to put it together and it flys great. Just glad to hear it didn't come from the P3 factory, wherever that was(is)
Renegadeflyer is offline Find More Posts by Renegadeflyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2016, 12:29 PM
Carruthers43 is offline
Find More Posts by Carruthers43
Registered User
Carruthers43's Avatar
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Aug 2010
1,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcconville View Post
Thanks for ther kind words. FWIW same factory we used for the Decathlon and Pawnee made the last 300 and this new one. Quality should be excellent.

BTW, small correcttion to the excellent interview video, this new Extra actually uses the same airfoils as the previous one.
Same airfoil I used on the 35% 260 and both the 85cc and 3.1m Suk.
For those that know those models, I think thats important, as this is the absolute best airfoil I have found for aerobatic monoplanes.... 3D or precision.
Mike... Can we get something to replace the smaller sukhoi?? The 85cc?? I love this one but my old redbull scheme su26 is getting tired... It is just the absolute perfect size to throw in the truck for an afternoon... PLEASE PLEASE!! The orange one just wasn't around long enough
Carruthers43 is offline Find More Posts by Carruthers43
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2016, 01:20 PM
mmcconville is offline
Find More Posts by mmcconville
Registered User
mmcconville's Avatar
Monticello, IL USA
Joined May 2006
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers43 View Post
Mike... Can we get something to replace the smaller sukhoi?? The 85cc?? I love this one but my old redbull scheme su26 is getting tired... It is just the absolute perfect size to throw in the truck for an afternoon... PLEASE PLEASE!! The orange one just wasn't around long enough

Main concern is the popularity (or lack of) for 85cc size aerobatic models. I loved those two Suks too, but the 85cc segment just never seemed to really take off like the 50cc (that turned into 60cc) and 100cc (that became 120cc) sizes did. I really thought they would back when DA realased the 85cc. I designed the first Blue Suk the day I saw a video of the DA85 flying. I thought it would be the next big thing, but I was wrong.

Do you prefer the 85c size over a comparable 60cc?
mmcconville is offline Find More Posts by mmcconville
Last edited by mmcconville; 04-08-2016 at 02:01 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2016, 01:49 PM
jimmitch is offline
Find More Posts by jimmitch
Registered User
jimmitch's Avatar
United States, NY, Rome
Joined Sep 2008
185 Posts
Sub,ed
jimmitch is offline Find More Posts by jimmitch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Carruthers43 is offline
Find More Posts by Carruthers43
Registered User
Carruthers43's Avatar
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Aug 2010
1,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcconville View Post
Main concern is the popularity (or lack of) for 85cc size aerobatic models. I loved those two Suks too, but the 85cc segment just never seemed to really take off like the 50cc (that turned into 60cc) and 100cc (that became 120cc) sizes did. I really thought they would back when DA realased the 85cc. I designed the first Blue Suk the day I saw a video of the DA85 flying. I thought it would be the next big thing, but I was wrong.

Do you prefer the 85c size over a comparable 60cc?
Mike, I personally prefer the 80cc size range but I totally understand what you are saying I mean you have to make money as wel... It just seems like more airplane for your money being they were about the same price... They are a little bigger so fly better but are also quite light and floaty. I still love mine but it's getting tired... Like I said it's the old blue one. All I did was add some fiberglass to the motor box corners and it has been stock other than that!
Carruthers43 is offline Find More Posts by Carruthers43
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


Quick Reply
Message:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools