Old 09-02-2019, 07:48 PM
Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Electric Powered!
United States, GA, Buchanan
Joined Jan 2008
860 Posts
Discussion
Big Sky RC club "Friendly Fall fly" in, Oct 18-20

Big Sky RC club in Menlo, Ga would like to welcome everyone out to our Friendly Fall Fly in, October 18-20st.

Bring anything you like to fly from Micro planes or helis, quads all way up to big gas models there is plenty of room to fly anything you like. Electric, Gas, Glow, Come on out for a weekend Full of fun..

I am sure few of us will be night flying so if you got lights bring those too... looking forward to seeing everyone out there.

Lets make this event double the size of the last one, Added a photo from my Drone from the last fly in.
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Last edited by epoweredrc; 10-07-2019 at 05:47 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-02-2019, 07:49 PM
Electric Powered!
Joined Jan 2008
860 Posts
I am a new member myself, we went to the fly in in June and feel in love with the place, great folks and only hr & 20 min drive from us, been back few times since.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:33 AM
Find More Posts by possum
United States, GA, Summerville
Joined Nov 2013
74 Posts
At this time it's looking like my schedule is going to open up in time for this ! Looking forward to cooler temperatures and lower humidity ! Good to see the club growing and more visitors coming to our field. We continue to make improvements as we grow. Thanks Chris for posting the flyer, and Thanks to Marek for making our flyer, it looks great . !
possum is offline Find More Posts by possum
Old 10-07-2019, 05:46 PM
Electric Powered!
Joined Jan 2008
860 Posts
Less then two weeks away, Don't forget to come out and have some fun..

Were suppose to be doing Pizza on Friday evenings for the ones who show up early Im sure it just be a few of us, on Saturday Hotdogs and hamburgers. Not sure what kinda Sat night dinner we will be having..

Great place to fly and great folks.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:01 PM
Electric Powered!
Joined Jan 2008
860 Posts
2 days away.. Can't wait to get in some great flying on Friday, and sure hoping Saturday and Sunday are nice. they calling for chance of rain. it rained on us last time but not for long.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:50 PM
Find More Posts by acerc
United States, FL, Center Hill
Joined Jul 2014
2,127 Posts
For people, such as myself, what is the arrangements in regards to camping? When can one arrive? And when would they need to leave?
acerc is offline Find More Posts by acerc
Old 10-16-2019, 05:11 PM
Find More Posts by acerc
Joined Jul 2014
2,127 Posts
For future reference this event, and any other, should be in or on the event calendar. I check the calendar almost weekly. Just posting on a forum it can fall out of site in a matter of hours.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:29 PM
Electric Powered!
Joined Jan 2008
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acerc View Post
For people, such as myself, what is the arrangements in regards to camping? When can one arrive? And when would they need to leave?
Well i plan to be there around 11 am Friday, so anytime on Friday is fine, and most I am sure will be out by Sunday morning, they might be a few who sticks it out for most of Sunday.

Were lucky and have permission to fly 24-7 if we want no time limits on when we can't.
But if one wanted to stay and fly longer I don't think it be a issue, we don't have a gate or anything.

you can dry camp all you want. Me and the wife will be sleeping in the van. we do not have running water. but do have lights in the restrooms. and we do have a 12V charging system.

Quote:
For future reference this event, and any other, should be in or on the event calendar. I check the calendar almost weekly. Just posting on a forum it can fall out of site in a matter of hours.
Sorry, I am new to posting events on this site, and guess didn't realize they were a calendar spot where i could post it also.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:40 PM
Find More Posts by acerc
Joined Jul 2014
2,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Sorry, I am new to posting events on this site, and guess didn't realize they were a calendar spot where i could post it also.
That is quite alright as very few actually post there. But it is the easiest way for people, such as myself, to find an event. Being retired I like to go to fun flies but find very few until, like this one, the last minute.
The only way I could do it this late would be to show up mid day Saturday and would not want to turn around and leave on Sunday.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:59 PM
Electric Powered!
Joined Jan 2008
860 Posts
Quote:
That is quite alright as very few actually post there. But it is the easiest way for people, such as myself, to find an event. Being retired I like to go to fun flies but find very few until, like this one, the last minute.
The only way I could do it this late would be to show up mid day Saturday and would not want to turn around and leave on Sunday.
Sorry about that, I checked out the calender. ( i had never clicked on it) I will be sure to post the other events in both places, Normally Possum does all the Events like this but he is extremely busy with work right now and doesn't even look like will make it to the event this time.
Would love to have you come fly with us.

But totally understand about not driving all that way for just one day of flying. I tried asking the President but not heard back yet, i'm sure if you wanted to stay a few extra days be fine but you most likely be by yourself.

The weather keeps changing on us everyday, I live a hour and half from the field, i'm guessing your more like 6 hours. see your in FL.

I figure most of the Gas guys will be waiting for the next weekend for the big Iron city event. I think its in 2 weeks.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:05 PM
Find More Posts by acerc
Joined Jul 2014
2,127 Posts
It's all good. What is this Big Iron event? See that is what I'm talking about, it is not on the calendar so I have no clue. I only bring this up in hope's people will start using it. If we don't know we can't go.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:13 PM
Electric Powered!
Joined Jan 2008
860 Posts
Quote:
It's all good. What is this Big Iron event? See that is what I'm talking about, it is not on the calendar so I have no clue. I only bring this up in hope's people will start using it. If we don't know we can't go.
the title of it is "Huck-O-Ween 2019"
From what i understand its a HUGE gas Big plane event. I have never been, but i know lot of the guys from around these parts go every year.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:16 PM
Find More Posts by acerc
Joined Jul 2014
2,127 Posts
That is a 3D type of event, I don't fly that way.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:28 PM
Find More Posts by Islandflyer
Put Scale Back Into Aerobatics
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2007
2,328 Posts
Huckoween is every kind of flying. There is also tradition of all out race with whatever you bring, as many as 15 or 20 together .40 size glow planes (carnage!). We have flown jets too. Lots of fun, BBQ, evening hang out.
Islandflyer is offline Find More Posts by Islandflyer
Old 10-16-2019, 06:35 PM
Find More Posts by acerc
Joined Jul 2014
2,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandflyer View Post
Huckoween is every kind of flying. There is also tradition of all out race with whatever you bring, as many as 15 or 20 together .40 size glow planes (carnage!). We have flown jets too. Lots of fun, BBQ, evening hang out.
So, if I were to come and were to bring a big (96"ws) Ultimate there would be time to fly without someone hovering over the flight path?

Quick Reply