logo
Old 08-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Clothed Account
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined May 2008
2,325 Posts
And here is some really bad hairpieces and a lot of 1970's buzzwords. It is also the comapny that developed the product I linked above. Whilst the engine itself never amounted to much - it did cause the development of some other items, most notably the Fuel Injection system that is used by OMC outboards amongst other things.

Yep - The engine amounted to 2/10ths of B-gger all - but the financial backers (BHP) went on to become one of the largest resource companies in the world and Ralph himself went on to becoem one of our more wealthy inhabitants - through his real estate purchases.

Sarich Orbital Engine Ralph Sarich 1973 (9 min 46 sec)
aussiesteve is offline Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Last edited by aussiesteve; 08-15-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Clothed Account
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined May 2008
2,325 Posts
And this is just cool - actually - no - it's HOT

Mazda Rotary Dyno Massive 1664HP (3 min 4 sec)
Old 08-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Clothed Account
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined May 2008
2,325 Posts
And this is the same engine and performance pack that is in my Sons road car. - his is detuned down to ~950 BHP so it can operate reliably on the roads but a quick connection to my laptop and up goes the power for track days.
Right now he doesn't have a license - for some weird reason (Funnily enough it has nothing to do with anything doen in that car)

Ford 1163hp turbo six engine dyno (1 min 16 sec)
Old 08-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Find More Posts by closetguy
United States, OH, Berlin Heights
Joined Jul 2006
4,871 Posts
sure, your son is driving around in a car over a 1000 hp and doesn't have a license and the engine has nothing to do with it.
closetguy is online now Find More Posts by closetguy
Old 08-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Find More Posts by Feliks
Joined Aug 2013
220 Posts
As the piston rubs against the cylinder, the engine can run on ... the coal dust..

Andrew: 198:
Feliks is offline Find More Posts by Feliks
Old 08-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Clothed Account
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined May 2008
2,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by closetguy View Post
sure, your son is driving around in a car over a 1000 hp and doesn't have a license and the engine has nothing to do with it.

LOL - It's true - it wasn't THAT one that cost him. We have "Demerit points" here - accumulate 12 of them and you are gone for 3 months. (the lowest speeding fine - 5km over the limit is 1 point, do a "burnout" and you get doen for a minimum of careess driving - 9 points - so it doesn't take much of a teenage thought process to accumulate 12 points) - THen if you don't pay your fines - your license gets suspended and so it goes. - The dumbass had an accident in my Ute (Truck?) that cost him 9 points and a couple of grand in fines after he pulled out of a "left turn only" street (same as a right turn only in the USA) and got cleaned up by another vehicle that happened to house a couple of cops, then the rest of his "dickheadedness" in his Toyota Landcruiser cost him a few more points. Of course being the sensitive caring person I am - I am letting him work it out for himself while he works to pay off his fines LOL, He didin't drive the Ford as his daily car for long after the fuel consumption increased to the higher HP. Right now it is on my hoist getting some more suspension mods done to it to improve the cornering even more - Hopefully we wil have a little fun racing it in a street car class next season.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Find More Posts by Captinjohn 2
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
1,054 Posts
Cherry red exhaust manifolds

When I worked at Continental Motors, I would go in the "Test House" and you could view many engines running & the exhaust manifolds would be glowing. When they was running a whole sting of engines, the cement floor had a vibration to it. The noise was real bad too with a lot of heat from the engines toasting you. It was interesting, but I chose to work in other departments.

In the 1960 area they has LD,s LDs,s Ford Muts, and many other models of Continental engines being produced and tested. They had a separate test house for aircraft engines and yet another for the 1790 cubic inch Tank engines. I worked a lot on the assy, testing and final dress up on the AVDS 1790 engines. Then worked in experimental where they built the prototypes. When home I worked on any engine that came my way.
Captinjohn 2 is offline Find More Posts by Captinjohn 2
Old 08-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Find More Posts by 49dimes
Joined Dec 2010
2,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiesteve View Post
And this is the same engine and performance pack that is in my Sons road car. - his is detuned down to ~950 BHP so it can operate reliably on the roads but a quick connection to my laptop and up goes the power for track days.
Right now he doesn't have a license - for some weird reason (Funnily enough it has nothing to do with anything doen in that car)

Ford 1163hp turbo six engine dyno - YouTube

From the white hot collector manifold and cherry red exhaust lines looks like its actually losing 1000HP in waste heat.
49dimes is offline Find More Posts by 49dimes
Old 08-16-2013, 02:05 AM
Joined Aug 2013
220 Posts
Another way of getting electricity from hot exhaust pipes. Termionic generator, such as the electron tube. Current density obtained is about 10 watts of 1 cm square area of ​​the outlet pipe

http://fti.neep.wisc.edu/neep602/SPRING00/lecture9.pdf

Of course, the acquisition of the MHD generator, which has electrodes inside..

To assist the electron reactions, a high voltage can be applied, as in TIG welding machines,..

Andrew
Old 08-18-2013, 04:36 AM
Joined Aug 2013
220 Posts

To lubricate this seal will suffice diesel fuel.

Andrew
Old 08-18-2013, 05:38 AM
Clothed Account
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined May 2008
2,325 Posts
Ok Andrew (Feliks)
Have you seen any evidence of one running and producing the volumetric efficiencies quoted?
Old 08-18-2013, 06:45 AM
Joined Aug 2013
220 Posts
Quote:
Ok Andrew (Feliks)
Have you seen any evidence of one running and producing the volumetric efficiencies quoted?
Ok Aussiesteve

The effectiveness of capacity depends on the geometry and can not be disputed. With thick taking the geometric usable capacity is about half the capacity of a cylinder with a diameter of the butterfly and its lengths .. Well, for example, the capacity of the cylinder with a capacity of 4 liters j (the so-liter four-pot your mom in the kitchen ) on hold 2 liters capacity suction (to use) Watch yourself that we have the pot and you will know what will be the big engine with a capacity of 2 liters ....

I managed to see so little time, like the engine, made in South Africa .. Sorry, the page disappeared. but I managed to do a couple of screenshots. Even a movie like this engine to run

Here is a 1:1 motor size with a storage volume of about 2 liters

http://www.new4stroke.com/section.pdf
http://www.new4stroke.com/long.pdf

Andrew
Old 08-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Find More Posts by Luke352
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
174 Posts
The issue I see is the changing direction of twisting force on the shaft/extension off the butterfly piece. The constant changeing of direction and the resultant imparted twisting force would be massive!
Luke352 is offline Find More Posts by Luke352
Old 08-18-2013, 10:21 AM
RTK
Find More Posts by RTK
RTK
Left Coast
Joined Jan 2006
4,426 Posts
Quote:
I think this fits all the criteria

Goofy engine - YouTube
A local inventor farmer guy from my home town made one of those wobble plate engines. I saw it run once, pretty cool, that was some 40 plus years ago.
RTK is online now Find More Posts by RTK
Old 08-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Joined Aug 2013
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke352 View Post
The issue I see is the changing direction of twisting force on the shaft/extension off the butterfly piece. The constant changeing of direction and the resultant imparted twisting force would be massive!
Yes, certainly the axle, even with a hole at the middle of the cooling water of balsa do not need to do

Andrew

Quick Reply