logo
This thread is privately moderated by tailskid2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:25 PM
Find More Posts by tailskid2
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Feb 2007
557 Posts
Discussion
TF Giant Scale P-47 ARC w/ Sierra retract

Well after a year+ assembling, sanding, glassing, more sanding my P-47 TF Giant Scale took to the air.

Sierra Retracts required a total remake of the gear section of the beautifully sheeted wing. That took a lot of time measuring, and remeasuring - and I think it worked out.

That was after I found out you can't fit the retract unit into the wing.

I don't know how many coats of primer was applied - I do like sanding -wet sanding that is. The wing came out like a starved horse.

After glassing the entire plane, panel lines were added as was rivets - too many to count. Used revets from Chad Veich - an excellent product. Also added 'panels' here and there from him.

Tried Klass Kote for paint...tried new spray gun - didn't come out too well, so much of the silver was sanded off leaving a nice primer look. That left a nice war weary aircraft that was flown by the Mexican Air Force in the 50's.

Used a DLE55 up front and it pulls the plane around just fine. Not too fast, not underpowered at all.
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply