Old 01-19-2012, 12:00 AM
Find More Posts by JEFFRO503
www.rcdude.com
St helens OR
Joined May 2006
2,088 Posts
Discussion
3D flight at Dusters in Woodburn??

Hey guys.....looks like I'll be moving from the St Helens area , and out towards northern Wilsonville / Tualatin area here in a few weeks. I have always wanted to join Dusters but I remembered reading on here this past summer about some of the guys there wanting to get rid of 3D flying and/or giant scale flying ( 50cc and above )......what is the deal with the field now?

Also....when time permits I may have to make the jog on out to the Molalla field as well this summer. Are there other flying fields in the area that allow giant scale 3D flight? I fly mostly just 50cc -100cc sized stuff with smaller electrics as well.

Thanks dudes.
JEFFRO503 is offline Find More Posts by JEFFRO503
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Find More Posts by kingranch
pull to vertical
United States, OR
Joined May 2008
398 Posts
Duster is a great field. Last year a lady a mile away started complaining about noise so the club voted for a 7:00pm cut off time and a set noise level. (You can still fly eletric after 7:00)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFRO503 View Post
Hey guys.....looks like I'll be moving from the St Helens area , and out towards northern Wilsonville / Tualatin area here in a few weeks. I have always wanted to join Dusters but I remembered reading on here this past summer about some of the guys there wanting to get rid of 3D flying and/or giant scale flying ( 50cc and above )......what is the deal with the field now?

Also....when time permits I may have to make the jog on out to the Molalla field as well this summer. Are there other flying fields in the area that allow giant scale 3D flight? I fly mostly just 50cc -100cc sized stuff with smaller electrics as well.

Thanks dudes.
kingranch is offline Find More Posts by kingranch
Old 01-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Avoiding Fake News
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2007
1,753 Posts
Dusters is a fine club. Barnstormers in Butteville has a 30 lb. weight limit and a noise limit of 95db. at 10 feet. Barnstormers also has a significant wait list for new members.

Molalla is all about giant scale.

I have never heard of any club having a problem with 3D done well and on good equipment. If you bring out your 50cc plane with $15 servos and HK batteries on your RX. You will not fly period. Yes, I saw it tried once.
5150flyer is offline Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Last edited by 5150flyer; 01-19-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:05 AM
Find More Posts by JEFFRO503
www.rcdude.com
St helens OR
Joined May 2006
2,088 Posts
Well.....that's good to know. As of right now I only have one 35% bird ( QQ-101 with a BME 116 ) but I am running stock exhaust on it.....so it will probably not pass the sound test. From now on , all my 50-60cc birds and below will all be electric. So I guess I can fly them just about any where. I guess this next spring I may see if I can join up at dusters and Molalla both since they won't be that far for me any more.

Thanks for the input guys.
JEFFRO503 is offline Find More Posts by JEFFRO503

Quick Reply