Old 01-19-2021, 05:02 AM
Find More Posts by The Doc
United Kingdom, England, Sandy
Joined Jul 2008
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy082662 View Post
You obviously missed the point !!!!!
I haven't missed any point, all the talk of road deaths and cancer are completely irrelevant. If 10 people have a road accident on the way to the event then 10 people will have had a road accident. If 10 people who had cancer went then 10 people would go home with cancer. If 10 people went with Covid, then maybe ŗ 1000 people will go home with it, then a week later 10,000 people will be infected then a million.... That's why gatherings have to be avoided, it's very simple really and everyone should suck it up and do their bit. Generally I can't do anything to help people with cancer but I can help stop the spread of Covid.
The Doc is offline Find More Posts by The Doc
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-19-2021, 05:19 AM
Find More Posts by BlinkguY
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2014
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
I haven't missed any point, all the talk of road deaths and cancer are completely irrelevant. If 10 people have a road accident on the way to the event then 10 people will have had a road accident. If 10 people who had cancer went then 10 people would go home with cancer. If 10 people went with Covid, then maybe ŗ 1000 people will go home with it, then a week later 10,000 people will be infected then a million.... That's why gatherings have to be avoided, it's very simple really and everyone should suck it up and do their bit. Generally I can't do anything to help people with cancer but I can help stop the spread of Covid.

It's actually as simple as that.
BlinkguY is offline Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old 01-19-2021, 07:23 AM
Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
wrongwayfeldman
United States, AL, Florence
Joined Mar 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
YEAH....You missed the Point !!!
The track "Officials" (Read Club Members) made a Controversial choice in order to Keep others from Dieing as a result of the First Death.

I see both sides of this...we loose no matter which way you think is best.
ponyboy082662 is offline Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
Last edited by ponyboy082662; 01-19-2021 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:40 AM
Find More Posts by MLT67
United States, GA, Monroe
Joined May 2006
167 Posts
Quote:
Consider this, COVID has something like a 99.8% survival rate and I thought masks greatly prevent the spread of COVID. With the right Precautions, for me going to Perry would be no different than going to Costco from the standpoint of COVID. Now I agree that I donít need a used airplane like I need groceries but thatís not my point. My point is the comment made that Perry was canceled because the club has a Conscious. Does that mean Costco and other stores that operate successfully donít have a conscious? Or does COVID know the difference between the Perry swap meet and Costco. And yes Iíve had family die with COVID. I think canceling Perry was the right call because I think the turn out would be very low because people are AFRAID of getting COVID.

MLT
MLT67 is offline Find More Posts by MLT67
Old 01-19-2021, 02:17 PM
Find More Posts by badbill
United States, GA, Centerville
Joined Jul 2009
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLT67 View Post
Consider this, COVID has something like a 99.8% survival rate and I thought masks greatly prevent the spread of COVID. With the right Precautions, for me going to Perry would be no different than going to Costco from the standpoint of COVID. Now I agree that I donít need a used airplane like I need groceries but thatís not my point. My point is the comment made that Perry was canceled because the club has a Conscious. Does that mean Costco and other stores that operate successfully donít have a conscious? Or does COVID know the difference between the Perry swap meet and Costco. And yes Iíve had family die with COVID. I think canceling Perry was the right call because I think the turn out would be very low because people are AFRAID of getting COVID.
MLT
The difference is that I've never seen a store with the concentration of people that the Perry show has. I have been to every Perry show since it started in the 70's, my Father and I were in the first 6 people that started the club. I am sure that the people that own and run Costco are conscious, if they were unconscious, they would not be able to drive to work. There is a big difference in supplying food to people so they can live and selling model airplanes. You are talking from your posterior- response was great this year and in DECEMBER there was only a few tables left to sell. The decision was made in the interest of the participants and nobody was afraid of anything.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
Old 01-19-2021, 02:33 PM
Find More Posts by Justwantafly
Joined Jan 2018
224 Posts
Why should we change are daily lives for 1% of the population ?
Justwantafly is offline Find More Posts by Justwantafly
Old 01-19-2021, 02:54 PM
Find More Posts by MLT67
Joined May 2006
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill View Post
The difference is that I've never seen a store with the concentration of people that the Perry show has. I have been to every Perry show since it started in the 70's, my Father and I were in the first 6 people that started the club. I am sure that the people that own and run Costco are conscious, if they were unconscious, they would not be able to drive to work. There is a big difference in supplying food to people so they can live and selling model airplanes. You are talking from your posterior- response was great this year and in DECEMBER there was only a few tables left to sell. The decision was made in the interest of the participants and nobody was afraid of anything.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Just trying to have an Adult conversation which you seem to have difficulty with since you have to go with accusing me of "talking out my azz" just because I have a different point of view.

Apparently you have not been to my Costco on a Saturday morning. And, if you read my post in its entirety, you would have seen that I'm not equating groceries to used model airplanes. I will explain again.

Costco on a Saturday morning = large building with hundreds of people walking up and down isles buying goods.

Perry Swap Meet = Large buildings (as in more than one) with hundreds of people walking up and down isle buying goods.

COVID doesn't care if you are buying groceries or used toy airplanes.

Personally I think if the organizers of the Perry Swap Meet were to mandated all attendees to have their temperature checked before entering, mandating that everyone wear a mask, and maintaining strict social distancing, the Swap meet would be just as safe as any other major business that's been operating under these same guidelines for almost a year.

However, as I stated above, I would have made the same decision as well as I wouldn't want to have to deal with temperature checks, making sure people wear masks etc. So I understand the reasons for cancelling the event.

What I don't care for is the self righteous, you don't have a conscious attitude towards anyone that disagrees with the mob regarding how people should live their life in the middle of Covid. You can believe COVID is real, that people die from it but it also has a 99.8 % survival rate, and if you use common sense (wear a mask and social distance) you can enjoy life without selfishly spreading COVID.

We don't have to agree and I'm fine with that. I would suggest you learn how to have adult conversations without telling someone you don't know that they are talking out their azz just because you don't agree with their "OPINION".

MLT
Old 01-19-2021, 03:28 PM
Joined Jul 2009
27 Posts
Quote:
(Snip BS )

Perry Swap Meet = Large buildings (as in more than one) with hundreds of people walking up and down isle buying goods.

COVID doesn't care if you are buying groceries or used toy airplanes.

Personally I think if the organizers of the Perry Swap Meet were to mandated all attendees to have their temperature checked before entering, mandating that everyone wear a mask, and maintaining strict social distancing, the Swap meet would be just as safe as any other major business that's been operating under these same guidelines for almost a year.

However, as I stated above, I would have made the same decision as well as I wouldn't want to have to deal with temperature checks, making sure people wear masks etc. So I understand the reasons for cancelling the event.

What I don't care for is the self righteous, you don't have a conscious attitude towards anyone that disagrees with the mob regarding how people should live their life in the middle of Covid. You can believe COVID is real, that people die from it but it also has a 99.8 % survival rate, and if you use common sense (wear a mask and social distance) you can enjoy life without selfishly spreading COVID.
We don't have to agree and I'm fine with that. I would suggest you learn how to have adult conversations without telling someone you don't know that they are talking out their azz just because you don't agree with their "OPINION".
MLT
Actually, you were speculating when you said " I think canceling Perry was the right call because I think the turn out would be very low" Actually, talking out your ass when you had no idea of our receipts. And if people were ever packed into Costco like they are the Mcgill bulding at noon Friday, there would be fights. Please have and enjoy all your opinions, but as my dear old Mom used to say, if you don't know what you're talking about then don't comment.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Old 01-19-2021, 03:45 PM
Find More Posts by MLT67
Joined May 2006
167 Posts
Quote:
Actually, you were speculating when you said " I think canceling Perry was the right call because I think the turn out would be very low" Actually, talking out your ass when you had no idea of our receipts. And if people were ever packed into Costco like they are the Mcgill bulding at noon Friday, there would be fights. Please have and enjoy all your opinions, but as my dear old Mom used to say, if you don't know what you're talking about then don't comment.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
As my dear old dad said, itís better to talk out of your azz than to be one. And you still donít get my point - I couldnít care less the specifics of why it was canceled, I just donít care for the ďwe cancelled because we have a conscious.Ē Comment which implies other donít. In my opinion The event could have gone on safely with the right precautions put in place and you still would have a conscious. Also , right or wrong I have every right to comment on this forum and participate in conversations, itís how people learn. Peace out.

MLT
Old 01-19-2021, 04:06 PM
Joined Jul 2009
27 Posts
Quote:
As my dear old dad said, itís better to talk out of your azz than to be one. And you still donít get my point - I couldnít care less the specifics of why it was canceled, I just donít care for the ďwe cancelled because we have a conscious.Ē Comment which implies other donít. In my opinion The event could have gone on safely with the right precautions put in place and you still would have a conscious. Also , right or wrong I have every right to comment on this forum and participate in conversations, itís how people learn. Peace out.
MLT
Fair enough. Although, IMO a better way would be to ask questions of those who know. On a lighter side ( please don't take this wrong, meant in a light hearted manner ) when I made my original post in this thread, I had to use google to finally spell "conscience" right

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Old 01-19-2021, 04:16 PM
Find More Posts by MLT67
Joined May 2006
167 Posts
Quote:
Fair enough. Although, IMO a better way would be to ask questions of those who know. On a lighter side ( please don't take this wrong, meant in a light hearted manner ) when I made my original post in this thread, I had to use google to finally spell "conscience" right

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Same here LOL. I look at it this way, next year I should at least have more money to spend. 😁😀👍. Totally appreciate all the club does to have such an awesome event each year.

MLT
Old 01-19-2021, 05:19 PM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
10,365 Posts
Running an event like that for so long, with the turn over a club experiences, really is a labor of love and I'm sure it was a gut wrenching decision to cancel it.

I would have gone because I felt obligated not to miss an event of this stature in my district but I would have been uncomfortable.
BarracudaHockey is offline Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old 01-19-2021, 05:25 PM
Find More Posts by WACO LOCO
United States, AL, Moulton
Joined Dec 2016
161 Posts
Hopefully..if conditions improve..it should be "over-the-top" attendance next year.
WACO LOCO is offline Find More Posts by WACO LOCO
Old 01-19-2021, 06:22 PM
Find More Posts by MLT67
Joined May 2006
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WACO LOCO View Post
Hopefully..if conditions improve..it should be "over-the-top" attendance next year.
Agreed, great for sellers and buyers.

MLT
Old 01-20-2021, 09:12 AM
Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Our society is collapsing
Johns Creek, GA
Joined Jan 2006
8,710 Posts
Quote:
And I'm going to say you are FOS. The reason the event was cancelled wasn't fear, it was a club with a conscience. I'm proud to be a member of a club that did the right thing no matter the financial loss it has cost them.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Sad you had to resort to name calling.. doesn't represent the club well...
but you can veil the clubs decision any way you want...
The club was afraid that if they held the show, there was a risk that someone might contract covid.......

Yes.. the club cancelled the show out of fear of covid......

Not a position or opinion... this is a fact.

And yes, I have enjoyed the show many times in the past and the club always puts on a top notch event..and hope to enjoy it again in the future.....
exeter_acres is offline Find More Posts by exeter_acres

Quick Reply