logo
Old 10-22-2019, 07:21 AM
Find More Posts by jersey flyer
United States, NJ, Millville
Joined Sep 2015
375 Posts
Question
DLE 35RA Stalling

I purchased a used DLE 35RA and am having a problem with it stalling, Last weekend was the first flight I put on it, sounded great Just flying around, Then I did a snap roll and it stalled in the snap roll. brought it home checked the tank, all good, the line to the carb was short and straight so I replaced it with a loner one and put a hoop in also, took it out yesterday, rolled inverted and stalled again. What is going on here, could it be the carb pump or something?
PS: Also put new spark plug in it, and it is the walbro carb.
jersey flyer is offline Find More Posts by jersey flyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-22-2019, 07:30 AM
Find More Posts by Jason T
Canada, ON, Sudbury
Joined Sep 2015
373 Posts
Try richening the H needle. Mine will lean out inverted, i heard it was because of the pop off pressure in the carb.
I run mine a bit rich on the high, and works great. Inverted mine will still speed up a bit, but wont die.
Jason T is online now Find More Posts by Jason T
Old 10-22-2019, 07:52 AM
Find More Posts by LIpilot
United States, NY, Salisbury
Joined Apr 2011
530 Posts
Why would you put a loop to the fuel line that goes to the carb? We do this with the vent line, not the carb feed. It sounds like a tank problem. Maybe your clunks line is too long and the clunk is hitting the back of the tank? Or maybe the clunk line is too stiff?

I have 4 DLE 35's and never had this problem. The early DLE 30's had a carb problem and died when inverted, but that was fixed in the newer releases with the Walbro carb.
LIpilot is online now Find More Posts by LIpilot
Old 10-22-2019, 10:05 AM
Find More Posts by William_Burkert
Closed Account
Joined Oct 2013
1,077 Posts
I’d put a small barb in the hole for the diaphragm and run a piece of fuel line inside the fuselage so the carb will get a better sense of atmospheric pressure. Drill and tap a small Dubro barb with red locktite then sand of the brass threads once installed with a Dremel drum sander to nicely conform with plate surface. It seems to work for me.
William_Burkert is offline Find More Posts by William_Burkert
Old 10-22-2019, 11:43 AM
Find More Posts by jersey flyer
United States, NJ, Millville
Joined Sep 2015
375 Posts
The tank and lines are all new, clunk clears back of tank, hose moves free, no problem there. I put a small hoop in the feed line to carb just to eliminate the chance that it was sucking the short line I had on it dry.
jersey flyer is offline Find More Posts by jersey flyer

Quick Reply