logo
Old 12-23-2022, 10:38 AM
Find More Posts by Cajun
Teen Scene Staff
Franklin, Louisana
Joined Jan 2006
523 Posts
Rc488 - If I were you I would get the whole setup down to something like this..

Engine / Tech Aero IBEC / Powersafe receiver and just use one 2000mah battery or (2) IN THE 1000-1200mah range.

No need to go to a different rx since you already own this one.

Those "charge switches" you linked have been known to take down planes. Remove them. Even worse, I'm not even sure how you could be charging a Li-Po through those but whatever it was could likely burn down your garage at any minute.

Mount the batteries with velcro because you'll want to take them out of the plane to charge. The only in-plane charging that was ok was back when we were using NiMh packs in 2005. Li-Ons could be argued ok to stay in the plane but definitely not Li-Po's.

If you want this plane to fly well I would also get a stock muffler for that engine and get rid of / sell the header pipe. Ask the guy you bought it from, he might have it sitting in his shop.

My $0.02. And there probably is a better spot for this thread just b/c this particular thread was a hot topic post that has since been closed. You can make a new post in this Radio Forum called "Setup questions" or something.

Cheers!

-Taylor
Cajun is offline Find More Posts by Cajun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-23-2022, 12:32 PM
Find More Posts by Rc488
Joined Dec 2022
94 Posts
Thanks Taylor. Iv been tossing the idea of PS or not back and forth in my head. What you said makes a lot of sense. In fact I’m glad to learn those switches are junk. I’m learning a lot here thanks to you folks.

I was sleeping on it last night and decided to start completely fresh with a new air frame (removing some of the parts might also have something to do with that - damage was done due to how securely they were fastened even though I was being careful. Receiver was also damaged .)

The flimsy balsa it was secured to (the manual recommended CA for the threads I believe) basically split wide open. Same for the gyro. I’ve closed the 78inch chapter but along the way of building and tweaking I have learned SO much. Had it been a brand new build I would have incurred a greater loss……

…So I cut my losses and I’ve purchased a 73 inch AJ Raven. Iv been looking at setup pics but I’ll start a new thread on that plane now. Thinking GP-38 with stock side dump muffler, 10 channel PS (if it’s not too heavy or big for that size) MKS 1250 for throttle, no choke Servo, MKS 1220 elsewhere, 14-16 oz tank, and maybe even no switch at all, just plug in when I want to fly.
Rc488 is offline Find More Posts by Rc488
Old 05-25-2023, 08:00 AM
Find More Posts by Louis d
Canada, NB, Fredericton
Joined Aug 2010
73 Posts
Power safe RX Spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetdctr736 View Post
So while everyone is talking about the interfaces with the AS3000 and that being somewhat of a common denominator., I can tell you that I am in the very beginning stages of a build with a new Skywing Edge 120cc. I chose the power safe receivers (ec3) because I have used them for a long time with no issue. I just unboxed a AR12310t with the ic3 orange connectors that arrived from HH not two days ago and after installing just one Rudder servo (Bluebird HB51), I then bound the RX and plugged the lone servo into the RX. Within 60 seconds the rudder servo glitched hard several times. It also appears the there is an extremely slight modulation showing on the rudder and I mean extremely slight, but there. Even after powering down and back up I still have the uncontrolled action on the rudder with no input from the TX. Items included one DX18 gen 2 TX, one AR12310t RX, one new Bluebird HB51 servo and a Fromeco 7.4v LiIon 2600mah battery

One additional note, when I initially bound the RX, one of the satellite antennas had a solid steady on light while the other two flashed quickly. This stopped after removing power to the RX and turning back on. Then all three were steady state

Very disappointed thus far with what I’m reading about these new batch of receivers and how untrustworthy they seem to be

Just had a question or 2 for you since I `m having the same issues with the powersafe rX from Spectrum

Could you PM me . I`m unable to PM you for some reason

Thu

Louis
Louis d is offline Find More Posts by Louis d
Old 05-25-2023, 08:17 AM
Find More Posts by LIpilot
United States, NY, Salisbury
Joined Apr 2011
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis d View Post
Just had a question or 2 for you since I `m having the same issues with the powersafe rX from Spectrum

Could you PM me . I`m unable to PM you for some reason

Thu

Louis

Some Bluebird servos have problems with Powersafe receivers. Bluebird came out with a V2 version of these servos to fix this problem.
LIpilot is online now Find More Posts by LIpilot
Old 05-25-2023, 04:49 PM
Find More Posts by danimach
United States
Joined Nov 2017
392 Posts
I changed the firmware in the powersafe rx to the original issuance version and the glitches stopped with bluebird Bls-43a. Servos.
danimach is offline Find More Posts by danimach
Old 05-26-2023, 12:04 PM
Find More Posts by Louis d
Canada, NB, Fredericton
Joined Aug 2010
73 Posts
BB/BLS servos

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimach View Post
I changed the firmware in the powersafe rx to the original issuance version and the glitches stopped with bluebird Bls-43a. Servos.

What version did you change to / I`m having issues with 2 brands .

just glitches .

Thu

Louis
Louis d is offline Find More Posts by Louis d
Old 05-28-2023, 06:54 AM
United States
Joined Nov 2017
392 Posts
I used the original issuance firmware. The very first one.
Old 05-28-2023, 08:11 AM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined Nov 2009
11,564 Posts
I’m using the current release.
ghoffman is offline Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 05-28-2023, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by Motomazzo
United States, TX
Joined Nov 2019
2,354 Posts
Just playing devil’s advocate here - but it seems like going backward in firmware revision so a certain servo can be used is a really bad idea. Receiver firmware addresses many things, most of which have nothing to do with servo operation. Your servos become useless when the receiver doesn’t function or succumbs to interference for whatever reason. Using the most current firmware revision plus a compatible servo is bound to be a better solution with higher reliability. Just my $.02.
Motomazzo is offline Find More Posts by Motomazzo
Old 05-30-2023, 06:02 AM
United States
Joined Nov 2017
392 Posts
Been running it for two years, no issues. Do what your comfortable with. This solved my issue. A non powersafe rx didn’t glitch at all. Some people don’t update firmware at all, yet still fly without issues.
Just my $.02.
Old 05-30-2023, 07:19 AM
Find More Posts by FGNewbie
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2010
6,421 Posts
I’m with you Dan. And I currently have six airplanes with ps receivers. And two more are in the pipeline.
FGNewbie is online now Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Old 05-30-2023, 07:45 AM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined Nov 2009
11,564 Posts
And I’m using an AR20310T with AS3000 in my new 85 inch Edge. Why use a 20 channel in a plane that doesn’t need all those channels? Simple, because I already own it.
To the best of my knowledge it’s the only Gyro that actually gives you feedback as to roll rate G’s and stuff like that, that I used to set up the plane. I do not think that an Aura or Demon Cortex can do that? Also 99% of the time the Gyro is not stabilizing the airplane, I only use it on the slider switch if all of a sudden a very heavy variable crosswind comes in. I have the slider set up so it’s variable game as well.
ghoffman is offline Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 07-08-2023, 09:17 AM
Find More Posts by Flyinrazrback
Smoking a Blunt with Yoda
Ft. Smith, AR
Joined Jan 2006
2,764 Posts
Anyone running the AR10400T receiver with the Bluebird servos and having any issues?
Flyinrazrback is offline Find More Posts by Flyinrazrback
Old 07-08-2023, 07:38 PM
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Spektrum Dev Team
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2014
141 Posts
Answered on rcg.
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz

Quick Reply