logo
Old 02-28-2018, 08:18 AM
Find More Posts by nappyroots2182
United States, IL, Moline
Joined Oct 2008
2,059 Posts
Mine needed reset early on too. Went into android setting and found reset. When it resets it will loose airware. After reset i set up the wifi and go into Google play and update all. Once updated and rebooted I then went back into Google play and downloaded airware. Been good since that
nappyroots2182 is offline Find More Posts by nappyroots2182
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-28-2018, 09:31 AM
Find More Posts by WangoTango
Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2007
5,152 Posts
Locked up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappyroots2182 View Post
Mine needed reset early on too. Went into android setting and found reset. When it resets it will loose airware. After reset i set up the wifi and go into Google play and update all. Once updated and rebooted I then went back into Google play and downloaded airware. Been good since that
Started to do what you suggested..... Now it’s locked up and took a little over 5 minutes to power off. I’m thinking this baby is getting a call tag to pick up and see what’s going on with it. What are the odds.....
WT
WangoTango is offline Find More Posts by WangoTango
Old 02-28-2018, 11:22 AM
Joined Oct 2008
2,059 Posts
odds are pretty good right now. the rcgroups ix12 page is flooded with issues. ive known multiple people having all the same issues. i really wish public testers were used as all the pro pilots always say everythings good. my ix12 is doing ok but there needs to be a few more updates to get it smoothed out. this should of been found before the launch. ergh !
Old 02-28-2018, 02:09 PM
Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2007
5,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappyroots2182 View Post
odds are pretty good right now. the rcgroups ix12 page is flooded with issues. ive known multiple people having all the same issues. i really wish public testers were used as all the pro pilots always say everythings good. my ix12 is doing ok but there needs to be a few more updates to get it smoothed out. this should of been found before the launch. ergh !
Just got off the phone with the Horizon tech..... "Yeah, ya need to update 'em when you take 'em out of the box." Huh? Last time I checked, I didn't tune my new car, I walked out of the Apple Store with my new super duper notebook pro all set to run....... I'm not getting the warm fuzzy thingy about this radio. Two of the four radios came right up and we were able to set rates, reverse servos, set throws just like it was something you were glad to get your hands on. The other two now need to be updated and oh by the way, you have to have their $16.95 programming cord. (SPMA3065) Seems like this stuff ought to leave their hands in working order before it gets to me...... Just sayin'
WT
Old 02-28-2018, 02:12 PM
Find More Posts by camss69
DDD
Joined Dec 2006
1,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WangoTango View Post
Just got off the phone with the Horizon tech..... "Yeah, ya need to update 'em when you take 'em out of the box." Huh? Last time I checked, I didn't tune my new car, I walked out of the Apple Store with my new super duper notebook pro all set to run....... I'm not getting the warm fuzzy thingy about this radio. Two of the four radios came right up and we were able to set rates, reverse servos, set throws just like it was something you were glad to get your hands on. The other two now need to be updated and oh by the way, you have to have their $16.95 programming cord. (SPMA3065) Seems like this stuff ought to leave their hands in working order before it gets to me...... Just sayin'
WT
If you have to update it and need the cord to do it, it should come in the box with the transmitter.
camss69 is offline Find More Posts by camss69
Old 02-28-2018, 02:34 PM
Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2007
5,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camss69 View Post
If you have to update it and need the cord to do it, it should come in the box with the transmitter.
If that's the case, I'm batting .500...... This one doesn't have one but I have one here in the shop i'll try and use.
WT
Old 02-28-2018, 02:54 PM
Joined Oct 2008
2,059 Posts
I guess you can do it by cord but I have yet heard of it that way. Maybe they are using the software like the dxE can be updated buy. I just turned on the wifi and put in my Google play info and let it update. I suggest anyone at the shop when they buy it, tries to update it on the spot unless you use your Google play info to update each one
Old 02-28-2018, 05:49 PM
Find More Posts by cosmith
Joined Aug 2014
343 Posts
I think there is a better way of doing this. If you want a radio with an Android interface, just remove the screen and all the Android related hardware from the radio, leave just a Bluetooth module and RF hardware then do all programming from a smart phone with the Airware app through Bluetooth. For those that want a screen for telemetry just make a bracket to snap on your phone.

Here are all the problems I just solved: screen brightness, touch responsiveness, radio requiring updates, radio hardware becoming dated quickly, short battery life, long startup, low screen resolution, lack of cpu power, etc. Plus I made the radio lighter and cheaper. No functionality lost! As an added bonus it wouldn't be hard to make this solution work for iPhone for apple purists.

Of course the phone/tablet is only required for programming, the RF portion would work just fine w/o it just as it does on the ix12...no reliability or virus concerns that way.

The only disadvantage I can imagine is that you need to have a smart phone...is there anyone that doesn't??
cosmith is offline Find More Posts by cosmith
Old 02-28-2018, 07:04 PM
Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2007
5,152 Posts
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmith View Post
I think there is a better way of doing this. If you want a radio with an Android interface, just remove the screen and all the Android related hardware from the radio, leave just a Bluetooth module and RF hardware then do all programming from a smart phone with the Airware app through Bluetooth. For those that want a screen for telemetry just make a bracket to snap on your phone.

Here are all the problems I just solved: screen brightness, touch responsiveness, radio requiring updates, radio hardware becoming dated quickly, short battery life, long startup, low screen resolution, lack of cpu power, etc. Plus I made the radio lighter and cheaper. No functionality lost! As an added bonus it wouldn't be hard to make this solution work for iPhone for apple purists.

Of course the phone/tablet is only required for programming, the RF portion would work just fine w/o it just as it does on the ix12...no reliability or virus concerns that way.

The only disadvantage I can imagine is that you need to have a smart phone...is there anyone that doesn't??
Exactly! And your charge for this service?
WT
Old 02-28-2018, 07:04 PM
tec
Find More Posts by tec
tec
Team Horizon Team BVM
Winter Park, CO
Joined Mar 2006
1,242 Posts
[QUOTE=WangoTango;2717489]Just got off the phone with the Horizon tech..... "Yeah, ya need to update 'em when you take 'em out of the box." Huh? Last time I checked, I didn't tune my new car, I walked out of the Apple Store with my new super duper notebook pro all set to run....... I'm not getting the warm fuzzy thingy about this radio. Two of the four radios came right up and we were able to set rates, reverse servos, set throws just like it was something you were glad to get your hands on. The other two now need to be updated and oh by the way, you have to have their $16.95 programming cord. (SPMA3065) Seems like this stuff ought to leave their hands in working order before it gets to me...... Just sayin'
WT[/QUOTE

It's almost impossible for every iX12 manufactured to receive the latest firmware or updates before it's shipped from the factory, the Spektrum team has worked tirelessly to correct any bugs or glitches.

So tell me why you need an AS3X Programming cable to update your iX12?
tec is offline Find More Posts by tec
Old 02-28-2018, 07:16 PM
Joined Aug 2014
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WangoTango View Post
Exactly! And your charge for this service?
WT
I'm not capable of this service, but Horizon is!

The ix12 is most of the way there...all they have to do is let Airware from your smartphone program the radio through Bluetooth. Then gut the radio of all the stuff it no longer needs...touch screen, android chipset, etc....then sell it for less, or better yet upgrade the gimbals and switch gear and sell for the same price!

One step better, allow online backup of models (just like google images, or icloud, except through your Spektrum account) so when you get a new phone you just install Airware and it automatically syncs with your Spektrum account...even if you drop your phone and radio in the toilet simultaneously your models are safe!

Honestly, wouldn't this be much better better than jamming a crummy touch screen and crummy Android chipset into an existing radio???

(Edit: My idea is essentially what Spektrum has already done here, except you use the really great Android hardware you already have instead of stuffing a really junky Android hardware inside the radio)
Old 02-28-2018, 07:39 PM
tec
Find More Posts by tec
tec
Team Horizon Team BVM
Winter Park, CO
Joined Mar 2006
1,242 Posts
Quote:
I'm not capable of this service, but Horizon is!

The ix12 is most of the way there...all they have to do is let Airware from your smartphone program the radio through Bluetooth. Then gut the radio of all the stuff it no longer needs...touch screen, android chipset, etc....then sell it for less, or better yet upgrade the gimbals and switch gear and sell for the same price!

One step better, allow online backup of models (just like google images, or icloud, except through your Spektrum account) so when you get a new phone you just install Airware and it automatically syncs with your Spektrum account...even if you drop your phone and radio in the toilet simultaneously your models are safe!

Honestly, wouldn't this be much better better than jamming a crummy touch screen and crummy Android chipset into an existing radio???

(Edit: My idea is essentially what Spektrum has already done here, except you use the really great Android hardware you already have instead of stuffing a really junky Android hardware inside the radio)
I'll pass along your suggestion to the executives at HH.
tec is offline Find More Posts by tec
Old 02-28-2018, 08:14 PM
Joined Aug 2014
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tec View Post
I'll pass along your suggestion to the executives at HH.

I have to think it's been thought of, I'm not really that bright!

I think it would give the radio much better longevity as well...as it sits I feel the ix12 has a digital expiry date. In x number of years it will be too far behind in Android version to run the latest apps.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:07 PM
Find More Posts by haribo
Joined Dec 2016
984 Posts
Quote:

Here are all the problems I just solved: screen brightness, touch responsiveness, radio requiring updates, radio hardware becoming dated quickly, short battery life, long startup, low screen resolution, lack of cpu power, etc.
do not miss the speaker volume issue.
what's wrong with screen resolution ? (unless you want to watch FHD p0rn... )
is there not a new batch coming soon in March ?
the question is, did they ever stop the production in Malaysia to improve the product ?
I don't think so this is why I don't recommend it to anyone till the next generation
you are basically running Windows 10 on a Pentium I based computer.
why do they name it or changed the original name to iX ? to make people think it runs as fast as an iPhone ? LOL
the more you update google apps the more it will get slower over time, coz the Android developers always focus on the newest greatest hardware, they usually support old versions for two years only.

lock out - brown out the never ending story.. LOL

Problema ao iniciar o SPEKTRUM IX12 (1 min 0 sec)
haribo is offline Find More Posts by haribo
Old 02-28-2018, 11:10 PM
Find More Posts by Texastbird
United States, TX, La Porte
Joined Oct 2008
1,343 Posts
Sorry, but I'm hanging with my Aurora 9X awhile longer. Don't need anymore bum hardware.
Texastbird is offline Find More Posts by Texastbird

Quick Reply