logo
Old 05-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Find More Posts by fabaum
brasil - curitiba
Joined Jan 2006
165 Posts
IMAC Pinhais in Brazil

Hey Guys,

The next competition in Brazil is ths IMAC Pinhais, look at www.imacpinhais.com.br.

Thanks

Fábio Machado
fabaum is offline Find More Posts by fabaum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Find More Posts by Kiwi
Chile, Antofagasta, Antofagasta Province
Joined Jan 2006
5,983 Posts
Re: IMAC Pinhais in Brazil

Fabio,

Good luck with your event mate. Just hope we see some photos and a few results here afterwards. One of these years we will have a good South American Championships maybe between Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Paraguay and Uruguay.

I dream of that day!!!!!
Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Kiwi
Old 05-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Find More Posts by RMaia
Campo Largo - PR - Brazil
Joined May 2006
762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
Fabio,

Good luck with your event mate. Just hope we see some photos and a few results here afterwards. One of these years we will have a good South American Championships maybe between Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Paraguay and Uruguay.

I dream of that day!!!!!
Me too!! That would be awesome indeed!

Since this particular event I'll be participating in (already got my registration confirmed), I'll try to post some pictures here afterwards. Video also if I can manage to take some.

This will be my first IMAC competition, and I hope not to finish last...
RMaia is offline Find More Posts by RMaia
Old 07-14-2009, 03:27 PM
brasil - curitiba
Joined Jan 2006
165 Posts

Olá amigos, my friends

O IMAC PINHAIS está próximo e convido a todos a acompanharem todas imagens, resultados e vídeos no www.hangar3d.com.

The Imac PInhais contest it´s coming, I invite everybody to see the photos, results and videos at www.hangar3d.com

See you
Bye

Old 07-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by RMaia
Joined May 2006
762 Posts

The IMAC Pinhais was a blast!
My plane suffered some damage in a dead-stick landing a short time before the event and I wasn't able to repair it in time, so I didn't fly, but I had a great time nonetheless. I spent most of the time helping the judges, writing down the scores, and what a great experience it was!! It was awesome, sitting there on the flightline and seeing first-hand what should and shouldn't be done. I learned a lot, a lot really. I'm certainly very motivated to keep on practicing, improving my skills based on the what I learned and compete on the next opportunity.

About the event itself, it was first rate. Fábio (Machado) did an awesome job of organizing and getting the club ready for the event. It was absolutely flawless. Nice infra-structure, very well organized flightline and at the same time, a very friendly and fun environment was kept. Jokes and laughter were commonplace. I believe everyone in attendance had a great time and lots of fun and are for sure looking forward for the next time!

Another set of kudos must go to Bruno (Macedo), his work in handling the technical aspects of the event was absolutely sensational. Seriousness, honesty, competence and a very high willingness to teach and explain the several factors involved were his main trademarks throughout the event. I believe that his participation as a director in the many IMAC events that we are having now will be the main driving force behind the popularization of IMAC here in Brazil. The technical level was held at it's highest, in accordance with all IMAC standardized procedures, but at the same time a very friendly and motivating atmosphere was maintained. In my opinion, that's the best thing you can have, an atmosphere that's both serious and fun! Awesome work on his part!

Due to the relatively low popularity of IMAC around here in the Curitiba region, the number of competitors wasn't high, and there were only 2 categories, Basic and Intermediate plus the Freestyle. There were 7 competitors in the Basic class and 4 on the Intermediate, with 4 of them on the Freestyle also (3 from the Intermediate and 1 from the Basic). As talks after the event was finished demonstrated, this was the very first IMAC held here in the Curitiba region, and for sure it acted as a "seed" event for many more to come. I believe that the great time everyone had will increase the demand for more events. I certainly hope that we end up needing much more than 1 event per year to accomodate everyone! I would love to see events held monthly!

Photos and video unfortunately I didn't take any... I had such a great time being involved with the score sheet filling and chatting with everyone that I forgot to take any pictures! Fábio, on the other hand, took plenty of them and I'll see with him if he allows me to post some of his pictures here.

In any case, I strongly reccomend those who didn't participate this time to participate in the next one! You will have a great time for sure!

**** Portuguese *****

O IMAC Pinhais foi sensacional!

O avião que eu pretendia usar para participar sofreu alguns danos um pouco antes do evento e não consegui consertá-lo em tempo, então acabei não voando, mas foi ótimo o evento assim mesmo. Passei a maior parte do tempo ajudando os juízes, como anotador, anotando as notas para cada manobra. Que experiência!! Foi ótimo ficar na linha de vôo e aprendendo em primeira mão o que deve e o que não deve ser feito. Foi um aprendizado excelente, aprendi muita coisa que pretendo por em prática nos treinos daqui para frente e competir no próximo campeonato!

O evento em si foi de primeira linha. O Fábio (Machado) fez um trabalho excelente na organização e preparação do clube. Ótima infra-estrutura, almoço com buffet, equipamento de som, clube limpo e organizado, bastante espaço para todo mundo, segurança, controle de acesso e assim por diante. Sensacional! O melhor de tudo foi o ambiente, todos se divertiram muito. Foi um evento bem sério e organizado, porém ao mesmo tempo muito divertido! Risadas e brincadeiras eram uma constante. Todos se divertiram muito e acredito que estejam ansiosos pela próxima!

O Bruno (Macedo) também merece muito um parabéns. A atuação dele como diretor do evento foi simplesmente fora de série. Competência, seriedade, transparência e uma enorme disposição em explicar e ensinar todos os principais fatores técnicos foram traços marcantes. Na minha opinião, esse tipo de atuação por parte dele será o principal fator contribuinte para uma maior popularização dos eventos IMAC aqui no Brasil. A atmosfera foi ao mesmo tempo séria, de acordo com os padrões da IMAC, e descontraída o bastante para todo mundo se divertir. Não houveram debates e disputas por causa de nota e pontuação, tudo correu muito bem. Na minha opinião, isso é o melhor que se pode ter, pois é extremamente motivante. No que dependeu do Bruno, eu diria que o trabalho foi 120% ótimo!

Devido à relativamente baixa popularidade do IMAC aqui na região de Curitiba, o número de competidores não foi muito grande. Foram 11 competidores distribuídos em 2 categorias, a Básica e a Intermediária, com 7 pilotos na Básica e 4 na Intermediária. Teve também a Freestyle, com 4 pilotos, sendo 3 da Intermediária e 1 da Básica. Em conversas após o evento, ficou evidente que esse foi um evento "semente", abrindo caminho para muitos mais no futuro. O pessoal ficou muito motividado e satisfeito, e com certeza isso aumentará a demanda por mais eventos. Eu sinceramente espero que tenhamos uma demanda que torne um evento por ano muito pouco! Eu gostaria muito de ver eventos mensais!

Quanto a fotos e vídeos, eu infelizmente não tirei nada. Fiquei tão envolvido com as atividades do evento que acabei não tirando foto nenhuma. O Fábio, por outro lado, tirou várias, e vou ver com ele se ele me permite postar algumas aqui.

De qualquer forma, eu recomendo com bastante ênfase que quem não participou dessa vez participe na próxima. Será uma experiência muito divertida e com certeza você não irá se arrepender!
Last edited by RMaia; 07-21-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Find More Posts by Kiwi
Chile, Antofagasta, Antofagasta Province
Joined Jan 2006
5,983 Posts

Rodrigo,

Great things start from small seeds so regardless of the numbers of competing pilots you have the seeds planted. Its the same here in Chile really and we started with four or five fanatics and today have about 20 pilots or more competing. I am sure that with a group of key people likes of yourselves that IMAC will be the RC airplane competition in Latin America.

Great stuff mate.
Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Kiwi
Old 07-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Find More Posts by RMaia
Joined May 2006
762 Posts

Kiwi, thanks a lot!

Yes, it's true that when we start, we start small, but hopefully with time the popularity will grow even more!

In a chat with some friends just after the event we counted about 20 potential IMAC flyers here in the Curitiba region. Now we just need to get the word out to those who didn't participate in the event and get them involved for the next one!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Find More Posts by RMaia
Joined May 2006
762 Posts

Fábio will be sending me some of the photos he took shortly, so I hope to be able to post them here soon!

Meanwhile, here's the results for each category, Basic, Intermediate and Freestyle.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:12 AM
brasil - curitiba
Joined Jan 2006
165 Posts

Thats it.

Thanks a lot to put here the final score RMaia.

For these guys that want to see more photos or read an article in portuguese, visit the link below:

http://www.hangar3d.com/index.php?op...d=530&Itemid=2
Old 07-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Find More Posts by RMaia
Joined May 2006
762 Posts

OK!! So here's some photos!

The first photo is of all the pilots who did fly in the event together with some of the organization staff. The second photo is of all the pilots and their planes. These photos were taken on Saturday, when the weather was really nice (warm and sunny, on Sunday it got cold and windy...). The next photo, the third one, shows all the pilots who won a trophy, the first 5 places in the Basic, the first 3 places in the Intermediate and the Freestyle. This was on Sunday afternoon, at the event closing, and you can clearly see on the faces how everyone had a great time!

The other photos show random moments of the event, flying, planes being prepared for flying, starting procedures, overall view of the "box" and so on.

More photos, some videos, and a very nice writeup (in Portuguese) can be found by visiting the link fabaum posted above, as well as the following ones:

http://www.hangar3d.com/index.php?op...d=530&Itemid=2

http://www.hangar3d.com/index.php?op...d=527&Itemid=2

http://www.hangar3d.com/index.php?op...d=528&Itemid=2

Also, some more comments in Portuguese from most of the pilots and staff about the event can be found here:

http://www.hangar3d.com/index.php?op...d=531&Itemid=2

Quick Reply