logo
Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2020, 04:14 PM
The Hodge is offline
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Guided by JR Propo
The Hodge's Avatar
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,947 Posts
I Printed out the tray design to make sure it was going ok before i laser cut it, Lucky it was about 4mm to wide lol

So i have re adjusted and layed out the radio gear to test it all. Will get this part cut next week.
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-23-2020, 04:16 PM
The Hodge is offline
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Guided by JR Propo
The Hodge's Avatar
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,947 Posts
Got my Carbon warp delivery, Stuff looks pretty good and is really light. Bit of heat make is stick well and contour. and for 30cmx150cm was $9aud

This is what the Radio gear tray will be covered in.

Just make it look a bit more neater i think..
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2020, 07:44 PM
The Hodge is offline
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Guided by JR Propo
The Hodge's Avatar
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,947 Posts
Not Too much in the land of updates Weather and Covid lock-down schooling has been keeping me occupied.

But i have been working on a little design for the Throttle servo mount, The S3411 is a mini steel gear, This will be mounted under the canopy area near the tank. Connected via a Nyrod setup.

Will be looking in to ignition mounting as well next.
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2020, 03:24 AM
The Hodge is offline
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Guided by JR Propo
The Hodge's Avatar
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,947 Posts
Small big of progress, went over the wings and stabs ironed every thing down and shrunk up any wrinkles now nice and tight and smooth

Will do the fuse tommorrow ,
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2020, 09:27 AM
bluefear is offline
Find More Posts by bluefear
Registered User
bluefear's Avatar
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2013
266 Posts
is Pilot still selling these or is it from an old stock?..........lovely plane to have
bluefear is offline Find More Posts by bluefear
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2020, 03:25 PM
The Hodge is offline
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Guided by JR Propo
The Hodge's Avatar
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefear View Post
is Pilot still selling these or is it from an old stock?..........lovely plane to have
Pilot rc still have it on there website, I recall pilot rc USA does not stock them anymore, maybe able to get one custom ordered.

We have a few here at DA Australia

Thank you, yeah it a great looking plane.should float around
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2020, 06:07 PM
The Hodge is offline
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Guided by JR Propo
The Hodge's Avatar
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,947 Posts
Got a few things done,Went over all the Fuse covering and made sure it as nicely stuck down and wrinkle free.

Then cut out for the rudder servo and Stab wiring.

marked the cowl for the Proposed vent at the bottom.

Drilled the prop and spinner

and working out the throttle setup now.

Also appear my rudder turnbuckles are too short so i will follow that up.
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 01:54 AM
The Hodge is offline
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Guided by JR Propo
The Hodge's Avatar
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,947 Posts
Turns out the Turnbuckles with the ball links i thought were for the Push pull setup But in fact there for the Twin servos Pull Pull setup.

So ill need to get a turn buckle for the Rudder servo. Will measure this up next when working on the plane next.
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 07:16 PM
rrembert is offline
Find More Posts by rrembert
Registered User
rrembert's Avatar
West Palm Beach, Fl
Joined Feb 2009
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hodge View Post
Got a few things done,Went over all the Fuse covering and made sure it as nicely stuck down and wrinkle free.

Then cut out for the rudder servo and Stab wiring.

marked the cowl for the Proposed vent at the bottom.

Drilled the prop and spinner

and working out the throttle setup now.

Also appear my rudder turnbuckles are too short so i will follow that up.
I think you will find that even with the gracious exit hole you measured out you will need good baffling AND a low pressure lip to help the exit flow. My wife is on her second 36% Sbach in 8 years. She wore out the first one in 5 lol...We found that both were needed for adequate cooling, and that was with a DA 100 on cans. Yours should be a rocket..!!!! And yes, having a wife that flies RC makes me pretty dang lucky..!!!
rrembert is offline Find More Posts by rrembert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 07:34 PM
The Hodge is offline
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Guided by JR Propo
The Hodge's Avatar
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrembert View Post
I think you will find that even with the gracious exit hole you measured out you will need good baffling AND a low pressure lip to help the exit flow. My wife is on her second 36% Sbach in 8 years. She wore out the first one in 5 lol...We found that both were needed for adequate cooling, and that was with a DA 100 on cans. Yours should be a rocket..!!!! And yes, having a wife that flies RC makes me pretty dang lucky..!!!
Thanks for that, In terms of a low Pressure lip im thinking black covered tristock in the location in the pic, But not sure if it need to be wider.

If it does need to be ill need to get creative and make some curved thing hahah

Wow thats awesome that she flys with you, Mine does not lol, Yes i cant wait to see how it goes, Going from 30cc to 100cc should be awesome - Yes your a lucky guy!!!
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2020, 10:57 AM
rrembert is offline
Find More Posts by rrembert
Registered User
rrembert's Avatar
West Palm Beach, Fl
Joined Feb 2009
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hodge View Post
Thanks for that, In terms of a low Pressure lip im thinking black covered tristock in the location in the pic, But not sure if it need to be wider.

If it does need to be ill need to get creative and make some curved thing hahah

Wow thats awesome that she flys with you, Mine does not lol, Yes i cant wait to see how it goes, Going from 30cc to 100cc should be awesome - Yes your a lucky guy!!!
I am that..! The area you marked is virtually the same as hers. We used tri-stock and a piece of thin ply that protrudes about 1/4 inch below the cowling. The tri-stock sets a great angle for the ply lip. The baffling she made is excellent, top and bottom of the cylinders. Good luck, I'm looking forward to hearing how the really big motor pulls that around.
rrembert is offline Find More Posts by rrembert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2020, 07:37 AM
Error_404 is offline
Find More Posts by Error_404
Registered User
United States, TX, League City
Joined Jan 2020
52 Posts
Wow Hodge, BEAUTIFUL bird. Sbach is my all time favorite looking planes. Would be cool if you posed the maiden on her when you're ready.
Error_404 is offline Find More Posts by Error_404
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2020, 06:45 AM
The Hodge is offline
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Guided by JR Propo
The Hodge's Avatar
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrembert View Post
I am that..! The area you marked is virtually the same as hers. We used tri-stock and a piece of thin ply that protrudes about 1/4 inch below the cowling. The tri-stock sets a great angle for the ply lip. The baffling she made is excellent, top and bottom of the cylinders. Good luck, I'm looking forward to hearing how the really big motor pulls that around.
Sounds great, Do you have any pics of the setup, What did you use for the baffles, EVA foam , balsa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error_404 View Post
Wow Hodge, BEAUTIFUL bird. Sbach is my all time favorite looking planes. Would be cool if you posed the maiden on her when you're ready.
Thank you, Yeah it looks great, Being pretty fussy with this build
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2020, 06:00 AM
The Hodge is offline
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Guided by JR Propo
The Hodge's Avatar
Victoria, Austrailia
Joined Mar 2008
1,947 Posts
Been looking at the Radio gear layout, Might change the Location of the Kill switch as if i leave it in the proposed location, Ill have to run Tach, Temp sensor and Ign wires all back down to the radio gear tray, If i leave the kill swich up near the motor box this get me down to to two wires, But this will be kind of dependent on where the Ign battery will be.

I will have to ponder some more lol
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


Quick Reply
Message:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools