Old 05-22-2018, 08:52 AM
Find More Posts by Ali Machinchy
Ali Machinchy: Snr PD Hangar 9
Joined Jan 2016
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obby1 View Post
Where is the fly in this Sunday
Jacksonville Illinois. A little ways south of Springfield. A super cool, low key club event. I love it because its so laid back and just about the flying.
I will have the X Cub and a brand new Hangar 9 release at the event.

More info here if you do Facebook? If not, let me know and I will see what else I can find?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/113121332031569/
Regards Ali
Ali Machinchy is offline Find More Posts by Ali Machinchy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2018, 10:50 AM
Find More Posts by Obby1
Joined Dec 2011
402 Posts
Thanks for that info that is a little to far to drive . Thanks anyway.
One question the engine I would like to install is 6.4 lbs is that to much for the cub.
Obby1 is offline Find More Posts by Obby1
Old 05-22-2018, 11:12 AM
Joined Jan 2016
412 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for that info that is a little to far to drive . Thanks anyway.
One question the engine I would like to install is 6.4 lbs is that to much for the cub.
We have one of the test planes with 5.5lbs on the front ( Engine and nose weight ) and it handles that just fine. I have not weighed the Electric sample that I am flying, but I bet its more than 7 lbs by the time I add up the motor, speed controller and the huge 11.6" PR Bush wheels.
I have no worries about your power systems weight of 6.4lbs being an issue. You may just have to slide the receiver packs rearward to balance.

Regards Ali
Old 05-22-2018, 12:37 PM
Find More Posts by Obby1
Joined Dec 2011
402 Posts
Thanks for that you have my interest for the plane the engine I have laying on the bench is Valach 85 twin that I would like to find a home for, thanks for your help
Obby1 is offline Find More Posts by Obby1
Old 05-22-2018, 12:40 PM
Joined Jan 2016
412 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for that you have my interest for the plane the engine I have laying on the bench is Valach 85 twin that I would like to find a home for, thanks for your help
Anytime
Old 05-22-2018, 01:09 PM
Find More Posts by frank99
United States, AR, Sheridan
Joined Oct 2009
4,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Ranch View Post
+1, I have ordered both the Saito 61 and the Xcub. now just waiting for them to become available. waiting is something I don't do well.Tom
small world, my son lives in your state and I have a vette, saito will be my engine too
frank99 is offline Find More Posts by frank99
Last edited by frank99; 05-22-2018 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:12 PM
Find More Posts by 74Ranch
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Sep 2013
442 Posts
Quote:
Obby1 that is the very motor I wanted to put on this plane as my first choice, with electric start. I know it would have the power, but if Ali says the 61 Saito will be just fine, then he should know best. with the 85 you would have to cut out the cowl for the valve covers clear. the cowl is 10.5" and the 85 I believe is 11"
T
74Ranch is offline Find More Posts by 74Ranch
Old 05-22-2018, 03:13 PM
Joined Sep 2013
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank99 View Post
small world, my son lives in your state and I have a vette, saito will be my engine too
what part of the state?
T
Old 05-22-2018, 04:07 PM
Find More Posts by Extra300s7
United States, WI, Racine
Joined Jul 2013
5 Posts
Just ordered mine, going to put an EME 70 twin in her. Looks like she’s going to be a winner!
Extra300s7 is offline Find More Posts by Extra300s7
Old 05-22-2018, 05:06 PM
Find More Posts by danimach
United States
Joined Nov 2017
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra300s7 View Post
Just ordered mine, going to put an EME 70 twin in her. Looks like she’s going to be a winner!
Put the electric start on it too!
danimach is offline Find More Posts by danimach
Old 05-22-2018, 10:25 PM
Find More Posts by Georgiateddy
United States, AL, Sheffield
Joined Aug 2016
77 Posts
Applicable 4 stroke Gas Engjnes

Nice Cub. I’ve observed the tangles on the thread about weight, engines and possibilities for the new H9 Cub.

In 2017 and this year I Tackled two projects Utilizing two World Models cubs at 10 feet each. One is a Georgia DNR Game Warden cub and the other is a Carbon Cub replica

The DNR green cub is powered by a Gaui 50 cc gas 4 stroke. It will fly slightly beyond scale and is one of my favorites. The Gaui engine is an excellent “ every weekend flyer” without any drama or delays. The wheels are 8 inch Top Model CZ which are a little heavy but never create any issues. I started with PR Bush Wheels but found flying every week I was continuously having minor issues. The plane weighs 24 pounds fly ready

The Carbon Cub at 10 feet is powered by a Saito 61 cc twin Gas. This cub has Robert Gear and 8 inch Top Model CZ wheels. The Saito 61 cc twin will fly the plane well beyond scale to a degree unrealistic. The plane weighs 29 pounds

Best with finding a great engine

Teddy
Georgiateddy is offline Find More Posts by Georgiateddy
Old 05-23-2018, 05:33 AM
Joined Sep 2013
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Machinchy View Post
The Saito 61 is amazing! I have made 6 flights on it so far and its already great power. No! Not 3D power. But far greater than scale power. Especially for aerobatics. For me. Its the perfect match for this plane and how I want to fly it. I have Extra's and Yaks for when my 3D itch needs scratching. I love the Xcub for all the other types of flying. Which it does sooooooo much better than any 3D plane I have ever flown. I will try to get some video up once I have put a bit more time on the engine and put the right prop on. Right now. All I had to get flying was a prop at the very top end of the recommended list. Not ideal I know, but I am baby'ing the engine right now.
Regards Ali

thanks for the offer Ali wished I could get away. I got another question for you. with regards to the Saito gas 4-strokes. I have the 60R3 in my EF 91" Yak and got the 61 twin on order, and I have asked this question before on several sites, what should the temp range be for these engines. I got a temp prob on my 60R3 and flying at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle I'm around 200-230 maybe 235 degrees. running non E gas 93 octane 20:1 w/Morgan syn oil . engine has close to a gal. thru it.
Thanks
T
Old 05-24-2018, 04:48 AM
Joined Sep 2013
442 Posts
Hey Ali, any idea when the Manual will be available for download. I would like to get a jump on this plane before mine arrives. would like to know the specs for the servos and get a look inside the fuse and see how things are laid out.
thanks
Tom
Old 05-24-2018, 10:15 AM
Joined Jan 2016
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Ranch View Post
Hey Ali, any idea when the Manual will be available for download. I would like to get a jump on this plane before mine arrives. would like to know the specs for the servos and get a look inside the fuse and see how things are laid out.
thanks
Tom
Hey Tom.
Sorry. But this manual is going to be a while I am afraid. Probably close to the actual shipping date. We have tried to make as many releases as we can in 2018 and 2019. More than previous years. This means our manual staff are pinned. They are doing their best and the Xcub is actually on the table now. Its just quite a complex manual because of the various options, scale details and power options. Thanks for your patience.
Regards Ali

Quick Reply