to remove ads between posts
Old 06-20-2020, 06:24 PM
Find More Posts by dusturbd
United States, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2015
789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquen View Post
I was flying my full scale into an airport North of where I’m based out of. Coming into the area of my destination I knew there was a model field I would be flying next to. I looked down at my info screen and saw a diamond with altitude next to it. My adsb IN was picking up a plane flying at the Rc field. As I got closer I could see it was a white Rc plane and could see it perfectly clear on my adsb as well. As he went up the altitude changed on my end instantly. I wonder what he was using in the Rc plane to broadcast onto ADSb?

To me that is all we would need at the maximum. A little devise that shows up on a full scales adsb and is identified as R/C and reports elevation. So easy to avoid and not have to worry.
Then I had my neighbor next door to my hanger come over the other day. He just got his license after several years of trying. We have one Rc club in my area that is on a very very dead full scale airport. They fly off the taxiway facing the opposite of the runway and fly over a field. I stop in every now and then if a buddy if flying. Never any conflict.
Well this neighbor starts talking about how he called the airport manager and complained about the Rc guys. I asked what happened and he tells me “oh I could see this little plane flying out in the distance on my left hand side as I was taking off”. He then says “they need to share the sky as it’s still an active runway”.

It made me instantly not think much of the guy. Flown in there so many times without a problem and taxi right to the Rc area. Mingle for a couple hrs then head out. I don’t think full scale guys will ever be able to get along with Rc. It only takes one guy to complain and ruin it for everyone.
I would have chewed his ass over his comments and made him aware of how big of a smuck he was being
dusturbd is offline Find More Posts by dusturbd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2020, 08:52 AM
Find More Posts by torquen
Lodi, Ca. USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusturbd View Post
I would have chewed his ass over his comments and made him aware of how big of a smuck he was being
I flew over there yesterday and the manager came over to the Rc area. I told him about it and he just laughed and said he is as far as it went.
torquen is offline Find More Posts by torquen
Old 06-21-2020, 10:01 AM
Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Hinckley Illinois
Joined Jan 2006
2,992 Posts
Got the same notice.....spent my $5 and renewed
Hinckley Bill is offline Find More Posts by Hinckley Bill
Old 06-21-2020, 01:37 PM
Find More Posts by dusturbd
United States, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2015
789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquen View Post
I flew over there yesterday and the manager came over to the Rc area. I told him about it and he just laughed and said he is as far as it went.
That’s good hate for one old grumpy ass to kill a field
dusturbd is offline Find More Posts by dusturbd
Old 06-22-2020, 10:58 PM
Find More Posts by A.Delaney
United States, IL, Streator
Joined May 2018
459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Flier Guy View Post
I got an email from the FAA yesterday informing me it's time to renew my "Recreational Flier Registration". It expires Dec. 12, 2020.
I suppose I need to get one of these.
A.Delaney is offline Find More Posts by A.Delaney
Old 06-23-2020, 06:59 AM
Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Notorious B.E.N.
United States, TX, Bryan
Joined Feb 2006
3,968 Posts
I went ahead and renewed mine yesterday.

Personally I wonder more about how my local club is going to look post COVID19 than what new regulations the FAA puts into place.

When I was a member of the club in the past (I was in school, moved away during my Masters, came back, moved away for a job, and then happened to relocate back to the area for that same employer), we would meet up on Wednesday afternoons after daylight savings in the Spring and Summer to fly and there was always someone out on a nice afternoon. We're now at about half of the membership from those times, no more Wednesday meet up, and most of the time I'm out at the field alone.

It kind of sucks but I don't plan on quitting the hobby.
ben_beyer is offline Find More Posts by ben_beyer

Quick Reply