logo
Old 09-06-2017, 11:40 PM
Find More Posts by Canada Goose
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Jul 2017
12 Posts
Discussion
Putting a 74" EF Edge 540 together....Am I in the right place?

Hello, I've been posting in RCG but it was suggested that I slide on over to FG. Is my plane big enough to be in this forum? It's my very first gas powered plane having been flying those slimy planes for many years.

I'm finding forums so useful in obtaining lots of information to help get me going and to answer my plethora of questions.
Canada Goose is offline Find More Posts by Canada Goose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-07-2017, 12:31 AM
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Suspended Account
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2008
2,322 Posts
Sure is.
The name of the site implies big planes, but people discuss all sorts of aircraft over here.

Either way, 74 Edge is really about 1/4 scale. That's a big plane by any standards
Vapor Trails is online now Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Old 09-07-2017, 07:51 AM
Find More Posts by cosmith
Joined Aug 2014
343 Posts
That will be an awesome plane for you, the Edge's are great flyers, and the EF Edge is as good as they get IMHO.
cosmith is offline Find More Posts by cosmith
Old 11-16-2019, 06:45 AM
Find More Posts by Canada Goose
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Jul 2017
12 Posts
Almost done

So 2 plus years have slipped away and I have the plane almost complete. Iíve decided to go with a VVRC 40cc twin which is yet to be bought but no rush seeing as flying season is over for this year The electrical needs to be installed and the fuel system plumbed along with a few odds and ends but itís been a pleasurable experience. Definitely a quality ARF with great hardware.

I think Iím going to get the canopy sprayed at a body shop so itís tinted and not clear though.

Iím not sure about the fuel line plumbing. There are two fittings at the top of the tank. One of them I have a line going to the side of the fuse that can be pulled out a few inches for refueling. The other would go to the carb but I see that people make a flat loop on top of the tank before the line goes to the carb, Iím guessing I should follow suit?

Cheers
Mike
Canada Goose is offline Find More Posts by Canada Goose
Old 11-16-2019, 07:59 AM
Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
wrongwayfeldman
United States, AL, Florence
Joined Mar 2010
2,426 Posts
What kind of flying do you do. I ask because of your engine choice. I had a 74" with a zdz 40 cc single and it was a bit heavy for 3D flying. If you're a sport type flyer then the 40 twin might be fine but for 3D im pretty sure a 35cc single would be so much better.

As far as your fuel line...you have to have a dedicated vent line...so if your tank has only 2 inlet/outlet tubes...then one has to be a looped around vent out the bottom of the plane and then run the other line from the tank to the carb with a filler line "T" to run to the side of the plane .
Hope this helps
ponyboy082662 is offline Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
Old 11-16-2019, 04:03 PM
Find More Posts by 3DJP
United States, NJ, Penns Grove
Joined Dec 2015
1,081 Posts
I have an EF Edge with a 40 Twin if you want pics of my setup I can post a few.. as stated it is a little heavy but the power and smoothness is worth it in my opinion.. I moved my rudder servo to the back and made it a push pull setup to help with some needed tail weight.
3DJP is offline Find More Posts by 3DJP
Old 11-16-2019, 06:58 PM
Find More Posts by Capt Kurt
That's gonna leave a mark!
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jun 2016
224 Posts
That thing will 3D all day long with that setup. I have it in a EF Slick and Edge.
Kurt
Capt Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Capt Kurt

Quick Reply