logo
Old 11-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Find More Posts by den327
United States, AZ, Willcox
Joined Nov 2011
14 Posts
thanks its starting to loo like the NEW DLE 30 is the best for cap 232 120 and good support here in good old USA
den327 is offline Find More Posts by den327
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Find More Posts by Racerman27410
Joined Jul 2011
95 Posts
I just bought one.

I dont mind being a guinea pig since i've had so much trouble out of this DLE30 i've been running.

I'm ready to try something different... Hey it might actually be better!

i'm sure there are many DLE30s that run great right out of the box but it's not all honey and roses in DLE land.

I'm also not really worried about support and parts on a new engine .....I also spoke with IBECINYOU on the phone and he seems all right......plus from what i've seen this engine comes with a genuine Walbro carburator and IME they give the least amount of grief when tuning. the cheap clones that come on the DLE's leave a whole lot to be desired in terms of quality.
Racerman27410 is offline Find More Posts by Racerman27410
Old 11-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Find More Posts by 1bigben
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Nov 2008
769 Posts
Please keep us posted on what you observe. Tiger or pussy cat with an attitude???
1bigben is offline Find More Posts by 1bigben
Old 12-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Find More Posts by n2201y
Account Closed
United States, AR, Magnolia
Joined Jan 2011
751 Posts
I have 2 of these and a dle 30. The pte is by far the better choice. WAY more power, the rear exhaust is very nice. Both of my pte's start easy, run great and were very easy to tune. Turns almost 1100 rpm more than my dle with the same prop. The dle is also a great little engine and starts, runs, tunes great. Pte just has more power, a little bit lighter, and installed cleaner with the exhaust. I'm building a 50cc prc edge now and went with the dle cause pte didn't have a 50 class at this time.
n2201y is offline Find More Posts by n2201y
Old 12-07-2011, 04:18 AM
Find More Posts by SuperDave1024
Joined Aug 2011
86 Posts
Mike from IBC is a great guy. I had one of his pte36r's on our test stand and everything looked great. Im thinking about trying it out on my Redwing Sbach
SuperDave1024 is offline Find More Posts by SuperDave1024
Old 12-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Find More Posts by n2201y
Account Closed
United States, AR, Magnolia
Joined Jan 2011
751 Posts
I got mine from mike also. I do practically all my business with him now due to the great friendly service.
n2201y is offline Find More Posts by n2201y
Old 12-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Find More Posts by Michael Williams
Maplewood, Missouri
Joined Mar 2009
5 Posts
Hi Guys,
Thought I would chim in as well! Heres two videos I did with the PTE36R
PTE36R Engine 20x10 prop Goldwing R/C YAK55M (2 min 27 sec)
PTE36R to the test with 20x10 prop, Goldwing Yak55M
PTE36R 36cc gasoline engine (2 min 16 sec)
PTE36R Rear Exhaust, rear carb
7/26/11
Michael Williams is offline Find More Posts by Michael Williams
Old 01-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Joined Nov 2008
769 Posts
PTE 36

So of those that own this engine what is your impression? Thumbs up or down ???
With the 60 in the wings it could become pretty popular but only if the formula used in the 36 is working. So what say yee...
Old 01-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Find More Posts by Texastbird
United States, TX, La Porte
Joined Oct 2008
1,343 Posts
Are these engines still having problems with the mufflers coming apart? Looks real interesting otherwise.
Texastbird is offline Find More Posts by Texastbird
Old 01-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Joined Nov 2008
769 Posts
Had not personally heard of a muffler problem but still counting on an owner registering their experience here.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Joined Jul 2011
95 Posts
the PTE is a easy starting ,great running engine with lots of power.

so far so good at 1.5 gallons thru it.

the new updated muffler is holding up and i think is a little bit quieter than the original muffler i recieved.

throttle response is not quite as good as the OS GT33 but it's better than my DLE ( all turning the same 20x6 xoar laminated prop.)

LOVE the super clean install of this rear exhaust engine!

thumbs up for sure
Old 01-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Find More Posts by Low_Cal
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Dec 2009
2,624 Posts
I like the rear exhaust and real Walbro also. Real chrome lined cylinder! Reminds me of the Syssa 30. How much are these going for? Looks like $320 on that link above. The engine in one of those pictures actually is a Syssa! Look at the one that has the sliding choke.
Low_Cal is offline Find More Posts by Low_Cal
Last edited by Low_Cal; 01-22-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:38 AM
Joined Jul 2011
95 Posts
some pics of the PTE install on my Pilot SBACH

In my opinion it would be very hard to get a cleaner install than this.

Got mine from Mike, http://www.ibcinyourc.com/store.php?...028&pd=4500826

Last edited by Racerman27410; 01-22-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Joined Nov 2008
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerman27410 View Post
the PTE is a easy starting ,great running engine with lots of power.

so far so good at 1.5 gallons thru it.

the new updated muffler is holding up and i think is a little bit quieter than the original muffler i recieved.

throttle response is not quite as good as the OS GT33 but it's better than my DLE ( all turning the same 20x6 xoar laminated prop.)

LOVE the super clean install of this rear exhaust engine!

thumbs up for sure
What RPM will it spin the 20*6? what weight is the airplane it is in?
Would it fly a 16# aerobatic plane or too much to ask of it?
Old 01-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Find More Posts by helodrvr
United States, AR, Maumelle
Joined Mar 2009
55 Posts
Below is a post that I did on RCU about my first runs of the PTE36R a few months back. One thing I would like to change from my original post is about the ignition.
I have been assured that the ignition is not an RCxel ignition and the voltage in the manual is stated correctly. Also, the original ignition seems to have a problem with a resister in the cap which has been since fixed by PTE.

As for the muffler. The original did have a problem with welds coming loose after a very short life cycle. PTE is now shipping an updated version of the muffler that addresses the problem.

Here is a link to another thread on the engine.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10672914/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Original post:
I took delivery of one the PTE36R’s a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I have had a chance to run a couple of tanks through the engine, so here are my thoughts.

Service prior to and after the sale has been great. Ibcinyourc shipped fast and has answered all my questions.

The engine came well packed with all the standard stuff of a new engine (engine, ignition, standoffs, sparkplug, owner’s manual, muffler and some stickers).

The first run did not turn out as well as I thought it should. I mounted the engine to my test stand, fueled the tank with some Stihl HP ultra at 40:1 and mounted a Mejzlik 20X6 prop. Applied the choke, opened the throttle and starting rocking the prop to prime the carburetor. Carburetor primed quickly, so it was time to start. Well I thought it was time to start. The engine just would not start. It would occasionally pop, but would not run. So after 30 minutes of trouble shooting and numerous start attempts (hand start and electric starter) it finally started. The idle was rock solid at 1600 rpm with a WOT of 8400 rpm, but there was a slight miss a WOT. I called the seller and asked about the hard start issue, miss at WOT and also if the timing is checked on these engine prior to shipping. He stated that they were not checked and have not had an issue with the timing being off. I decided to pull the engine off the stand and mount it my AW Extra 260 35cc airframe and check the timing during the process. The timing was set to 42-43 degrees BTDC, so I adjusted it to approximately 29 degrees BTDC (I would have set 28 degrees BTDC, but the Hall sensor mounting bracket would have to be modified. I was able to rotate the sensor bracket fully CCW when looking at the front of the engine without opening up the slots on the bracket to give me the 29 degrees). I also had problems with the muffler coming loose the first run. Admittedly, I used the exhaust gasket and nothing on the bolts (the bolts are not supplied with locking washers).

The second run was much better. This time the engine was mounted on an airframe, same fuel and same prop, with the timing set correctly. Needles where set to factory recommendations of L 1.25 and H 1.5. On the muffler this time, I used locking washers, RTV for both the bolts and gasket. The engine primed quickly. Popped on the second flip and started 5 flips later. Idle was again rocked solid around 1600 rpm and WOT was a shocking 8650 rpm. It transitioned very well…

Just to compare, the DLE 30 that I have will turn the same prop at 7900 rpm. I know that it is 6cc bigger and should turn the prop better, but the weights are supposed to be the same on the 2 engines (I had planned on getting a weight on the PTE36R, but I forgot to before I installed it). It would be interesting to compare it to a MVVS 35 or EVO 35. I have several different size props lying around, so I will get some more numbers with different sizes.

Other than the timing, the only other gotcha I have found so far is the ignition. Mike (Ibcinyourc) told me that the ignition is just a plain label RCxel ignition. The manual states that an unregulated 2S LIFe battery of up to 7.2 volts can be used. It is my understanding that RCxel does not recommend more than 6 volts to be used on any of their ignitions.

So far I am pleased with the engine, and will post more on it after I fly it….
helodrvr is offline Find More Posts by helodrvr
Last edited by helodrvr; 01-22-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Quick Reply