Old 09-09-2019, 12:31 PM
Find More Posts by Luchnia
Trader Rating: 8
Word up!
United States, VA, Amelia Court House
Joined Oct 2010
2,350 Posts
Trader Rating: 8

We were talking about this very thing at the fly field yesterday and today this thread pops up!

I would not put it past the engine factories to do anything for some $$$. Think they would call a few vendors and sell them some engines and promise them exclusive dealership? As we used to say, "in a heartbeat." I could wave a hundred grand at them and they would be all over me in the twinkling of an eye.
Luchnia is offline Find More Posts by Luchnia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-09-2019, 12:48 PM
Find More Posts by captmicom
Trader Rating: 0
RCGF Engines for 16 Yrs.
Joined Apr 2011
30 Posts
RCGF is NOT merging with Valley View RC!!

Hi Everyone,

This is Joe from RCGF USA. I will try to clear up a few things.. First of all, RCGF USA and RCGF are one in the same.. I have been with RCGF for more than 12 years now.. The info below might give you a little more insight as to what is going on..
Kind Regards,
To All

NEW FLASH!! RCGF is NOT merging with Valley View RC!!

Hello RCGF Engine Friends and Family. This is your REAL RCGF Engine design and marketing team.

Over the past 12 + years Zhejiang RCGF MODEL CO., LTD and NO ONE ELSE has legally offered, under our RCGF brand, more hobby engine sizes than any of our competition, to better supply our customers with that perfect engine.

We are sure that a lot of you have seen all the bogus information flying around the inter webs about false RCGF mergers with Valley View RC and whole bunch of other junk that is Just not true.

Zhejiang RCGF MODEL CO., LTD has been the only company to legally use the RCGF brand name for all of the 12+ years we have been in business. The fact that some Jonny Come Lately wants to jump on our good reputation because they could not build a good product on their own will not be taken lightly.

Here is a couple of facts that you need to know...

Zhejiang RCGF MODEL CO., LTD, which includes RCGF USA, has been in business since 2007. The owner of Zhejiang RCGF MODEL CO., LTD also owns the RCGF trademark in the US and is the licensed agent to the owner of the RCGF trademark in China.

What we find odd is the company claiming to have made our engines all the way back to 2007, Yifei Aeromodel Technology Co., Ltd., the same company partnering with Valley View RC, has only existed since around the beginning of 2015.

The RCGF partnership between the man that now owns the old RCGF mold sets and Zhejiang RCGF MODEL CO., LTD was terminated in March of this year due to very poor-quality parts production from those mold sets. Zhejiang RCGF MODEL CO., LTD / RCGF USA made the hard decision to break away and build mold sets that we had full control over in order to maintain our high-quality standards that frankly were not there with our old mold sets.

Now just because someone else now has ownership outright of the old RCGF mold sets does not mean that they own the brand. we have been fighting this problem with this individual for some time now. Also, anyone making any false clams regarding RCGF publicly will be held liable.

Make no mistake, legal action is and will be taken against any individual or companies that think they can just blatantly hijack our RCGF brand for their own ell gotten gains.

For more information please feel free to contact RCGF at [email protected]

Thank you,
YOUR Real RCGF ENGINE TEAM!!
captmicom is offline Find More Posts by captmicom
Old 09-09-2019, 12:57 PM
RCGF Engines for 16 Yrs.
Joined Apr 2011
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrxx951 View Post
Does Joe well to dealers around the world to sell these engines? Because inside you can buy stinger engines globally.
Hi This is Joe and Yes we have RCGF re-sellers all over the world...
They will also selling our Stinger model engines also..
Old 09-09-2019, 01:00 PM
RCGF Engines for 16 Yrs.
Joined Apr 2011
30 Posts
Hi IBCINYOURC,

I just posted a statement.. check it out..
Old 09-09-2019, 01:20 PM
RCGF Engines for 16 Yrs.
Joined Apr 2011
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddiction View Post
So, the engines that come from the factory upon which RCGF developed its reputation are fakes and clones? Wow.

IBCINYOURC, you continue to make only yourself look bad with these rants.
Yes RCAddiction as hard as it might appear, let's look at this from another angle. Someone finds a set of engraving plates from the US mint. they don't have the Mints approval to print bills with them but they do it anyway..

Would those bills be fakes, clones, or counterfeit? Yes they would..
The same holds true here as well.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:10 PM
Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Trader Rating: 16
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jan 2006
1,071 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
Joe, thank you for stepping in and for shedding more light on the subject. There now appears to be greater clarity.
  1. Is it fair to say that there have been 2 factories producing engines off the original tooling - the one prior to 2015 and the one since 2015?
  2. Is it also fair to say that the Stinger engines are exact same design, but being made on newly created tooling, in a 3rd factory?
  3. Curious - Was the original design and engineering of the engine series (3D CAD, etc) produced on the original tooling done by you in the US or was this done by the Zhejiang RCGF Model Co., LTD?
While you represent yourself and your company's position clearly, the rants posted by IBCINYOURC do not serve you, your company, or your products well.
RCAddiction is offline Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Old 09-09-2019, 04:19 PM
RCGF Engines for 16 Yrs.
Joined Apr 2011
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchnia View Post

We were talking about this very thing at the fly field yesterday and today this thread pops up!

I would not put it past the engine factories to do anything for some $$$. Think they would call a few vendors and sell them some engines and promise them exclusive dealership? As we used to say, "in a heartbeat." I could wave a hundred grand at them and they would be all over me in the twinkling of an eye.
Hi Luchnia,

Your statement could fit a lot of companies but not RCGF USA.
First we would not make an exclusive dealership with you..
We would look at your business and location to determine if we are a good fit.
If it makes sense for both of us, then we would invite you join our family of re-sellers..
Old 09-09-2019, 05:50 PM
RCGF Engines for 16 Yrs.
Joined Apr 2011
30 Posts
Quote:
Joe, thank you for stepping in and for shedding more light on the subject. There now appears to be greater clarity.
  1. Is it fair to say that there have been 2 factories producing engines off the original tooling - the one prior to 2015 and the one since 2015?
  2. Is it also fair to say that the Stinger engines are exact same design, but being made on newly created tooling, in a 3rd factory?
  3. Curious - Was the original design and engineering of the engine series (3D CAD, etc) produced on the original tooling done by you in the US or was this done by the Zhejiang RCGF Model Co., LTD?
While you represent yourself and your company's position clearly, the rants posted by IBCINYOURC do not serve you, your company, or your products well.
Hi RCAddiction,

There was only 1 foundry making our parts. I am not sure of the relationship between that foundry and the individual that now has outright position of the old mold sets.

The Stinger line is all new. We have redesigned all of the engines. The only likeness to the old line may be the size of engine because we pioneered most of them over the past 12+ years. The Stinger parts are being made at a new foundry from molds owned by Zhejiang RCGF Model Co., LTD a.k.a. RCGF USA.

To the best of my knowledge most if not all of the CAD work for the tooling was done by Zhejiang RCGF Model Co., LTD. I still have most of our twin and single engine CAD files here in the US for safe keeping.

While I can understand and see your point, the frustration of this whole event has pushed all of us to a hard point. A lot of our re-sellers have watched my frustration level sky rocket. We went from maybe 4 to 6 repairs a month, mostly newbie inexperience, to 10 to 15 a week because of the quality issues with the old mold sets. Had we not stopped this stupidity when we did my guess is repairs would be up to at least 30 engines a week. Now someone else wants to carry those same problems forward to a new customer base. It might seam like a rant in some ways, but like Paul Revere those of us that really care about you all and this hobby are trying to make as much noise as possible.. Please be Careful..
Old 09-09-2019, 06:33 PM
RCGF Engines for 16 Yrs.
Joined Apr 2011
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampflier View Post
From what I know, (and having bought engines from both vendors). RCGF had as major dealers in the USA... RCGFUSA and ValleyViewRc.
Valley view improved some designs (notably the twin 40) and some time late last years the proverbial sxxxt hit the fan.

Nowadays, ValleyView partnered with RCGF to be their distributor.
RCGFUSA, is selling engines under the Stinger (that is RCGF-Stinger) line while keeping the RCGF brand on others (stock I guess?).
The battle was quiet for a while, after The infamous thread IBC.. mentions but was renewed last week with the rcgfusa offering free engines to former customers that send their engine's serial numbers in, and are advertising again.

So, the sides have drawn the lines and without going to China it is difficult to know the copyrighted truth.

As I said, I have purchased from both with good results. ValleyView is getting my business, although not planning on buying engines soon.

Having said this... I think the thread's OP should leave the legal entities (ValleyView/RCGF And RCGFUSA) to settle this, I understand you've vested interests being a seller, but I think the legal distributors should set the record straight.

Regards,
Patrick
Hi Patrick,

This is Joe from RCGF USA. Zhejiang RCGF Model Co., LTD and RCGF USA are one in the same.
Tom At Valley View was only a re-seller of our engines back before all of this started. He always wanted to be more but we would not let that happen.

Because of all the problems we have had with the old mold set, we started a new mold set tagged as Stinger in order to put some space between the RCGF Old Engine and RCGF New Engine.

The renew of the thread was done by Tom at Valley View giving away new engines and or money for information.. That was not RCGF USA. I don't need the info I already have it in my data bases. Tom is fishing for new customers..

Zhejiang RCGF MODEL CO., LTD, which includes RCGF USA, has been in business since 2007. The owner of Zhejiang RCGF MODEL CO., LTD also owns the RCGF trademark in the US and is the licensed agent to the owner of the RCGF trademark in China.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:52 PM
RCGF Engines for 16 Yrs.
Joined Apr 2011
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish2 View Post
Wow. You didn't get enough when you bashed your competitor the first time around and had to rehash this subject again?

We need positive news and threads on our shrinking hobby not this rehashed unprovable carp.
Hi Catfish2,

Here is a little positive info from RCGF for you to share if you have an interest in gas engines.
Zhejiang RCGF MODEL CO., LTD, a.k.a. RCGF USA by the end of the year should have the all new Stinger Line as fallows:

10cc SE, 10cc RE, 15cc SE, 15cc RE, 20cc SE, 20cc RE, 26cc SE, 26cc RE, 35cc SE, 35cc RE, 60cc SE
60cc RE.
For the single cylinder engines we have an all new 46cc SE, 46cc RE, 90cc SE and 90cc RE that if all goes well should be ready by mid-year 2020.

Our Twin engines we will be as fallows:

20cc T, 30cc T, 40cc T, 50cc T, 70cc T, and the 120cc T
For the twin cylinder engines we have an all new 90cc T and an all new 180cc T that if all goes well should be released around mid-year 2020.

So that is 18 New engines by the end of the year with a fallow on of 6 more New engines by mid-year.. You can see some of the New Stinger Line at rcgfusa.com if you want to see what we are doing for the hobby industry..
Old 09-10-2019, 08:13 AM
Find More Posts by ibcinyourc
Trader Rating: 29
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Jul 2012
78 Posts
Trader Rating: 29
Quote:
So, the engines that come from the factory upon which RCGF developed its reputation are fakes and clones? Wow.

IBCINYOURC, you continue to make only yourself look bad with these rants.
I do apologize for taking out my frustration verbally here on this post, I felt compelled and obligated to say something about this dilemma that I beleive was festering comming to a boiling point. I could/should have toned things down a bit and said things in a diplomatic fashion. My personal feelings/frustrations came through instead, for those I have offended I do apologize. i.e. Catfish2, RCaddiction, MarksHangar, If I missed anyone this applies to you as well. I am so glad Joe stepped in and calmly set the record straight with much clarity, something I failed to do.
ibcinyourc is offline Find More Posts by ibcinyourc
Old 09-10-2019, 12:11 PM
RCGF Engines for 16 Yrs.
Joined Apr 2011
30 Posts
Quote:
Hi Again RCAddiction,

The one thing that I forgot to mention was the reason for this upstart company i.e. Yifei Aeromodel Technology Co., Ltd was most likely to CYA for the owner because he was selling RCGF engines, made from parts, that we had either stopped making or did not make for our local markets, into the Chinese Market place. The problem with that is he has never had the trademark rights to RCGF in China either. That is owned by someone that we have a license agreement with for the RCGF brand in China.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:52 AM
Find More Posts by Swampflier
Costa Rica, San Josť Province, San Josť
Joined Feb 2007
145 Posts
Hi Joe, thanks for the clarification.
Regards,
Patrick
Swampflier is online now Find More Posts by Swampflier
Old 09-16-2019, 07:57 AM
Find More Posts by duschiavon
Trader Rating: 2
United States, FL, North Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2013
6 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Not sure if that explains or not but, my RCGF 60 is a pos
duschiavon is offline Find More Posts by duschiavon
Old 09-16-2019, 12:28 PM
Find More Posts by Mrfoambuilder
Trader Rating: 11
I fly 3C
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jun 2018
20 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
My RCGF 70cc twin is a marvel, and runs great too. Very pleased with it in a 91" laser...
Mrfoambuilder is online now Find More Posts by Mrfoambuilder

Quick Reply