logo
Old 08-18-2019, 02:17 PM
Find More Posts by DaN_Th3_MaN
Joined Feb 2011
60 Posts
Discussion
Best plane/engine/prop combo (high above sea level)

A few years back I had an Sbach 300, 88" with an EME 55cc. The engine ran well but the performance was horrible. Even after getting some experienced guys to help with tuning it was hardly something you could really 3D with.

I sold this plane and started flying small electrics. Due to their great performance I thought I would get a large scale electric . . . . . until I saw what it would cost. I decided I can settle for a gas plane as long as I get the power to weight ratio correct this time. Here are my two options (so far):

1: PilotRC Edge 540 78" with a 50cc DLE.
2: Extremeflight 70" Extra 300 with a 35cc DLE (yes my dealer still has one of these planes).

The Extremeflight with a DLE 35 seems very promising to me. I doubt I will have issues with power even at this altitude. HOWEVER, I know just slapping an oversized engine on a plane won't come without issues. What I basically need is some advice (and maybe some options) for how to overcome the lack of power. I really do not want to get this wrong again. Planes smaller than 80" is preferable, I am not looking for anything too large.
DaN_Th3_MaN is offline Find More Posts by DaN_Th3_MaN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply