logo
This thread is privately moderated by Marital_Miss, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Find More Posts by Marital_Miss
Flyin' Around
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Discussion
Lack of Spousal Support

Ok... here we go...

#1) Yes, this is a 2nd account to hide my identity

#2) Yes, I know I need to grow a set

#3) Don't bother bashing, there isn't anything I haven't already told myself

Ok - with that out of the way (not that it will matter) - I have a question I would like to pose and get some feedback on....

I have been married for 4 years now. I was in the "hobby" when we were dating, but over the past couple years i have really stepped it up more (my interest of the hobby). It seems that no matter what I do, how little or how much time I spend flying, building, etc... my wife hates that I am doing it more and more. It seems the mention of flying or doing anything with the hobby sets her off and the big "guilt trip" starts trying to make me feel bad about flying. We now have a 14 mo old and it is worse than ever. I only go when there is nothing planned, I get up and take care of the baby up until naps, etc... I make it so that I only go flying when it has none, or very little impact on her. Doesn't seem to matter. It's always an issue and I am always "gone longer than I said" or go when "you never told me you planned to go today", etc etc...

Anyone else been through this and were able to turn it around? She has no valid reason why she doesn't want me involved. Money isn't an issue. She says "she doesn't care" and I can "do whatever I want" but the attitude is 180 degrees oposite of this.

I know this isn't about the hobby, and I get the same response when I do anything (golf, shooting, quads, etc). All things I did before we were married. I would say I spen no more than 12 hours a month flying/etc.

Any hope? I love my wife and kid and family is more important than any hobby. Just wondering if this can be fixed or if I need to start selling my stuff and hope at a later time I can get back into it??

Again, you can bash if you want - I know it's fun - but I would prefer some advise/experience if you have it after the bashing.
Marital_Miss is offline Find More Posts by Marital_Miss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts
My EX-wife used to tell me the same things.

She would time me at the flying field, and demand the exact amount of time for "her time"

Then I found out she was using "her time" to bang my friend.

I'd suggest go seeing a counselor to find out what the real problem is.
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Old 11-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Flyin' Around
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyC View Post
My EX-wife used to tell me the same things.

She would time me at the flying field, and demand the exact amount of time for "her time"

Then I found out she was using "her time" to bang my friend.

I'd suggest go seeing a counselor to find out what the real problem is.
Bummer Sleepy...

I wish that was the case - and I think that may be part of it... she doesn't have a hobby.. I try to get her to do things "her time" but she doesn't have things to do... When she does do a mom's night out or something I totally support it and I like when she gets out... not the same when I want to do something...
Old 11-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Flyin' Around
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Why doesn't this thread show up on the main thread list on the front page?
Old 11-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts
I think because Chit Chat usually is not about model airplanes.

Also, I wasn't trying to say your wife was cheating. HAHA sorry if it sounded like that.

My EX was just a loser, BUT.. what I meant is there is something deeper that is focusing anger on your activities. Seeing a counselor should not be looked at "OMG we have to see a counselor" Sometimes a simple little thing can be brought to the surface and everyone is happier.

Remember a tiny thorn can bring an elephant to it's knees!
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC

Quick Reply