Old 11-21-2015, 11:03 PM
Find More Posts by Nikolei Zinsli
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Apr 2008
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMZACH View Post
All finished up! My new AJ Laser is assembled and ready to rock and roll. Just need to CG and mount the batts and ill be flying. Does anyone know where the recomended CG is ?
This was posted on the FB owners group earlier this month...

105 CG measurements
guys the CG measurements are from the top former forward 2.25 - 3.25. This ends up being about .75 in front of the wing tube.
These are the measurements from Andrew and the cg he is running on his plane as well as the other demo plane
Nikolei Zinsli is offline Find More Posts by Nikolei Zinsli
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-22-2015, 11:38 AM
Find More Posts by JIMZACH
WELLINGTON,FLORIDA USA
Joined Mar 2006
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetNZ View Post
This was posted on the FB owners group earlier this month...

105 CG measurements
guys the CG measurements are from the top former forward 2.25 - 3.25. This ends up being about .75 in front of the wing tube.
These are the measurements from Andrew and the cg he is running on his plane as well as the other demo plane
Perfect thanks, thats about where I checked it any way.

Zach
JIMZACH is offline Find More Posts by JIMZACH
Old 11-23-2015, 01:51 AM
Find More Posts by atchfoot
United States, KS, Atchison
Joined Feb 2008
199 Posts
Buttoned up the 105" Laser tonite. During balancing, noted weight to be at 26 lb 5oz without fuel. Outfitted with DLE-120 stock exhaust, dual 2300 A123's, Tech Aero IBEC, White Rose 4" wheels, Savox 1231's all around, dual servo pull-pull on rudder. Probably be spring before this bird flies however, as Kansas weather is frigid right now.
atchfoot is online now Find More Posts by atchfoot
Old 11-23-2015, 10:09 AM
Find More Posts by cyphur01
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Apr 2006
40 Posts
Just about to start mine. Just wondering with canisters should I put the servos in the tail? How is it balancing
cyphur01 is offline Find More Posts by cyphur01
Old 11-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Find More Posts by scottyb313
AJ Aircraft
United States, MI, Petersburg
Joined Sep 2013
504 Posts
It is recommended to use the Pull Pull double servo for better CG but both will work
scottyb313 is offline Find More Posts by scottyb313
Old 11-23-2015, 01:52 PM
Joined Apr 2006
40 Posts
Is that even with canisters? On the 93" I ran da70 with 2-1 header and 1 ks 95. Even with the servo at the back I had to run my batteries forward.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:28 PM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,131 Posts
Anyone have an idea of what AJ Aircraft has up their sleeve for Black Friday? I am anxious to hear what the "special" is.... Free shipping on a 105 Laser would be nice
Neil4 is offline Find More Posts by Neil4
Old 11-23-2015, 05:01 PM
AJ Aircraft
Joined Sep 2013
504 Posts
Andrew Recommends running pull pull on the 105 to make the CG good. Earlier in this thread the pictures of the 105 are where Andrew runs all his components. I spoke to him in length about push pull . and he defiantly recommended pull pull for the best CG results. and he also is running cans on his 105 as well.
I ran push pull on my 93 as well and had to move the batteries forward. I had a chance to fly the 105 demo with andrew set up and it felt perfect.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:42 PM
Joined Apr 2006
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seals313 View Post
Andrew Recommends running pull pull on the 105 to make the CG good. Earlier in this thread the pictures of the 105 are where Andrew runs all his components. I spoke to him in length about push pull . and he defiantly recommended pull pull for the best CG results. and he also is running cans on his 105 as well.
I ran push pull on my 93 as well and had to move the batteries forward. I had a chance to fly the 105 demo with andrew set up and it felt perfect.
Sounds good. That's what I will run then
Old 11-24-2015, 11:19 AM
Find More Posts by rcguy5
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Feb 2008
15 Posts
Quote:
All finished up! My new AJ Laser is assembled and ready to rock and roll. Just need to CG and mount the batts and ill be flying. Does anyone know where the recomended CG is ? I just assumed I would start right on the wingtube and fly it and adjust from there. Did a few things different from stock but not to much. The hardware and components are top shelf. Went with white Rose wheels and axles but used the stock tail wheel, changed to dubro HD 4x40 Blue ball links. Also, on the servo connections for the wings and stabs I used the Ashlock connectors, so for the wings its just one plug for both wires, and they have the added benefit of having a locking tab system. So need to worry about them coming loose. Overall, the plane is great, the quality of the craftsmanship is top notch. I only found two things wrong. One is the clear coat on the canopy has some dry spots ( orange peel) which I think I can wet sand and buff out. And second is the spinner does not line up perfectly with the cowl. I double checked and the motor is mounted to spec, but the spinner is just slightly off. Still though, the plane is killer, and seems to be super strong, I cant wait to wring it out. Im in South Florida so Ill have to wait for the rain to stop. But hopefully in the next couple of days I will have some video of the first few flights.

Zach
Hey Zach, I plan on going with push/pull on the rudder but read here that pull/pull is what Andrew recommends for cg purposes. I see you have one rudder servo in the tail, are you going with a single servo and which servo are you using?

Thanks, Mike
rcguy5 is offline Find More Posts by rcguy5
Old 11-24-2015, 06:18 PM
Find More Posts by flylow17
United States, TX, Canyon
Joined Oct 2012
182 Posts
I am going to do my ruder in my 105 laser tonight. I have had bad luck with pull pull. And I see that Andrew said pull pull just need some one to chime in and tell me how push pull worked out. What they had to do to balance. The heck with it I will do pull pull two savox 1231 s
flylow17 is offline Find More Posts by flylow17
Old 11-24-2015, 08:24 PM
Find More Posts by JIMZACH
WELLINGTON,FLORIDA USA
Joined Mar 2006
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguy5 View Post
Hey Zach, I plan on going with push/pull on the rudder but read here that pull/pull is what Andrew recommends for cg purposes. I see you have one rudder servo in the tail, are you going with a single servo and which servo are you using?

Thanks, Mike
Hey Mike,
I went with a single Spektrum 6265 i think it has around 440 oz/in of tourque. And with my DA-120 on stock Muffs the batteries mounted right up front on the inside of the motorbox. I am not a fan of Pull Pull. I feel that the Push Pull is more reactive and more precise. As for servo power, I think that servo will be more than enough torque on the rudder, even as hard as I will be flying it. I had a 104 EF Extra 300 with a single Hitec HSB9380TH on the rudder which was larger than this rudder and only produced about 40 oz/in more and I could do full throttle KE loops and very tight and had no issues. And for reference I am using only 2 batteries. They are Thunder Power Pro Lite RX packs 2S 2700mah. And am using a spark switch for the ignition. It is powered by one of the spare ports on the RX. Going to maiden tomorrow morning. Will try and get some pics and video is possible.

Zach Bloomquist
JIMZACH is offline Find More Posts by JIMZACH
Old 11-24-2015, 08:53 PM
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Feb 2008
15 Posts
Quote:
Hey Mike,
I went with a single Spektrum 6265 i think it has around 440 oz/in of tourque. And with my DA-120 on stock Muffs the batteries mounted right up front on the inside of the motorbox. I am not a fan of Pull Pull. I feel that the Push Pull is more reactive and more precise. As for servo power, I think that servo will be more than enough torque on the rudder, even as hard as I will be flying it. I had a 104 EF Extra 300 with a single Hitec HSB9380TH on the rudder which was larger than this rudder and only produced about 40 oz/in more and I could do full throttle KE loops and very tight and had no issues. And for reference I am using only 2 batteries. They are Thunder Power Pro Lite RX packs 2S 2700mah. And am using a spark switch for the ignition. It is powered by one of the spare ports on the RX. Going to maiden tomorrow morning. Will try and get some pics and video is possible.

Zach Bloomquist
Awesome Zach, great info with past experience on the single servo install. I will do the same, mine will have canisters although which may have me putting the batt's further back to get the same cg as yours. The savox 1231 is identical in torque to the spektrum you're using which is what i had on my 93" laser but wasn't sure if it was enough for its bigger brother. The 93" had the one 1231 in the tail and i now recall reading somewhere here that the 93" and 105" rudders are almost identical.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:56 PM
AJ Aircraft
Joined Sep 2013
504 Posts
Guys it is true that the rudders are essentially identical in size. I'm not sure about using 1 400oz or so servo when the pull pull system is over 800 oz. granted the rudders are close in size. The rudder loading is basically twice as much.
Another thought with a servo a lot of weight in the tail requires you to put the batteries up on the motor box. Where pull pull brings the weight closer to the wing tube and makes for better cg. Granted I ran push pull on the 93 laser. But after talking to Andrew he defiantly recommended the two servo set up on pull pull. I understand both will work I would just worry about the one servo setup.
Just my two cents guys
Old 11-24-2015, 10:07 PM
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Feb 2008
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seals313 View Post
Guys it is true that the rudders are essentially identical in size. I'm not sure about using 1 400oz or so servo when the pull pull system is over 800 oz. granted the rudders are close in size. The rudder loading is basically twice as much.
Another thought with a servo a lot of weight in the tail requires you to put the batteries up on the motor box. Where pull pull brings the weight closer to the wing tube and makes for better cg. Granted I ran push pull on the 93 laser. But after talking to Andrew he defiantly recommended the two servo set up on pull pull. I understand both will work I would just worry about the one servo setup.
Just my two cents guys

Take a look here, scroll down to post 309:

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...=94377&page=21

I found where I saw a pic of the two tails back to back.

Look the same to me, I will definitely go with one servo as Zach is. The extreme flight 120cc planes use one rudder servo as well.

Mike

Quick Reply