logo
Old 09-16-2019, 06:40 PM
Find More Posts by Mikes68charger
United States, IL, Rock Island
Joined Sep 2013
61 Posts
Discussion
What is up with the value of DLE222?

I'm blown away, I have been trying to sell 2 different DLE222 motors, one used V1 with no muffler, new gaskets and with only around 10_15 flights for $650 and a year old new In box for $1100.

I have only had 2 bites on the used one, one guy wanted shipped to non PayPal address that was a hotel [nope] and the other has been stringing me along for 2 weeks for payment.

I hardly ever see these DLE222 up for sale so I'm having a hard time judging my prices. Am I asking to much? What price seems right?

They are currently $1600 at Horizon

I'm I missing something? Do these motors have a bad rap I'm not aware of?
Mikes68charger is offline Find More Posts by Mikes68charger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-16-2019, 07:03 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
toledo ohio
Joined Jan 2009
10,498 Posts
Your price is good on the new one. If i didn't buy one a week prior i would have bought your new one. Now the V1 may be hard to sell. They have a weak crank and prone to fail like the early DA200's. It will take time to sell a quad but i think you will. I would love a back up engine but I can't go that high for a while.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Last edited by jamesrxx951; 09-16-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:04 PM
Find More Posts by kork
United States, MN, Elk River
Joined Nov 2011
879 Posts
Mike, no offense...Last fall I purchased a new 1/4 Meister Jug. Since then I have been on the market for a 200cc engine (looking for a good deal) and unsure what brand to buy. I trust DA with some of my planes and recently bought my first ZDZ.
To be honest, in the last couple years or prior to Tower taking it in the shorts, I have stayed away from DLE like the plague, with all the BS I was hearing. It first started with Tower not able to get parts and then Tom from VV was unable to get parts.I still fly a couple 120cc's and a couple of the 20,30cc's. they run great, but when the time comes I guess I will be on my own.
Jason
kork is online now Find More Posts by kork
Old 09-16-2019, 07:08 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
toledo ohio
Joined Jan 2009
10,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kork View Post
Mike, no offense...Last fall I purchased a new 1/4 Meister Jug. Since then I have been on the market for a 200cc engine (looking for a good deal) and unsure what brand to buy. I trust DA with some of my planes and recently bought my first ZDZ.
To be honest, in the last couple years or prior to Tower taking it in the shorts, I have stayed away from DLE like the plague, with all the BS I was hearing. It first started with Tower not able to get parts and then Tom from VV was unable to get parts.I still fly a couple 120cc's and a couple of the 20,30cc's. they run great, but when the time comes I guess I will be on my own.
Jason
Horizon has some parts in stock. I just bought some parts from them.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 09-16-2019, 07:11 PM
Find More Posts by sthudson
Grants Pass, OR
Joined Sep 2007
611 Posts
I have a 222v3 and love it. From what I know, almost every v1 model failed. A friend of mine went through several. All under warranty and covered, but eventually they discontinued it, and didn't offer a quad for several years. My friend was given a 170 as a replacement as his 222 was still under warranty when they finally discontinued them. So my guess is most are gun shy with the v1, even though your price would seem fair compared to new.

Your V2 should be a good engine. Not sure a $500 savings is worthwhile to some who are going to spend over a $1000 already. Warranty is worth a bit when spending that much. Just my 2 cents.

Scott
sthudson is offline Find More Posts by sthudson

Quick Reply