Old 11-04-2019, 11:26 AM
Find More Posts by rcfs
Better - Faster - More Fun!
United States, WI, Shawano
Joined Mar 2006
54 Posts
Discussion
AS3X input appreciated

I'd like to install AS3X receivers with "neutral" stabilization capability into all the primary trainers we use at 1st RC Flight School.  Previous attempts using the Spektrum AS3X app requiring me to hunt down an older iphone 6 were not very successful (whether using an iphone or laptop w-special adapter).  I'd appreciate input from anyone with experience operating any AS3X receiver that requires a relatively straight-forward operation/functional up-to-date interface that not only could my flight school operate successfully, but that I could recommend to others knowing they wouldn't need to search work-around solutions just to make it work.  In other words, is there a proven plug-n-play AS3X receiver programming receiver/interface available?  Sincere Thanks!
rcfs is offline Find More Posts by rcfs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-05-2019, 06:32 AM
Find More Posts by rocket_33
Joined Jan 2012
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfs View Post
I'd like to install AS3X receivers with "neutral" stabilization capability into all the primary trainers we use at 1st RC Flight School.  Previous attempts using the Spektrum AS3X app requiring me to hunt down an older iphone 6 were not very successful (whether using an iphone or laptop w-special adapter).  I'd appreciate input from anyone with experience operating any AS3X receiver that requires a relatively straight-forward operation/functional up-to-date interface that not only could my flight school operate successfully, but that I could recommend to others knowing they wouldn't need to search work-around solutions just to make it work.  In other words, is there a proven plug-n-play AS3X receiver programming receiver/interface available?  Sincere Thanks!
I'm not 100 percent sure what you are asking but I use many as3x receivers in a variety of aircraft that I program and set up.

I use the usb cable and my laptop to program them
rocket_33 is offline Find More Posts by rocket_33
Old 11-05-2019, 09:49 AM
Find More Posts by Rolling Thunder
Team Horizon Hobby
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfs View Post
Hi Dave, its Tony in Phoenix. There is a Bluetooth dongle that Horizon has that will allow you to program your as3x rx without a cord. I think this may help you set up your units easier.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/spektru...dule-spmbt1000
Rolling Thunder is offline Find More Posts by Rolling Thunder
Old 11-05-2019, 10:06 AM
Joined Jan 2012
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
Hi Dave, its Tony in Phoenix. There is a Bluetooth dongle that Horizon has that will allow you to program your as3x rx without a cord. I think this may help you set up your units easier.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/spektru...dule-spmbt1000
The only issue with that is you have to use an Android (horrible program), or Apple IOS. To get all the available features (such as programming SAFE in the 636 receiver), the PC option is the best
Old 11-05-2019, 10:55 AM
Team Horizon Hobby
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_33 View Post
The only issue with that is you have to use an Android (horrible program), or Apple IOS. To get all the available features (such as programming SAFE in the 636 receiver), the PC option is the best
I am assuming he can't use his new iPhone because they removed the headphone jack. The Dongle takes care of this issue.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:34 AM
Joined Jan 2012
274 Posts
Quote:
I am assuming he can't use his new iPhone because they removed the headphone jack. The Dongle takes care of this issue.
May be an IOS compatibility issue with the app. I have heard of that but no first hand knowledge.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:56 PM
Team Horizon Hobby
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,855 Posts
I use an iPhone 7 with the Bluetooth. The issue is the lack of a headphone jack.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:58 PM
Team Horizon Hobby
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,855 Posts
The Bluetooth will also connect to the iX12 and IX20 using the android app installed on the TX
Old 11-05-2019, 01:42 PM
Joined Jan 2012
274 Posts
Quote:
I use an iPhone 7 with the Bluetooth. The issue is the lack of a headphone jack.
ok. can you also do the SAFE configuration with the IOS app?
Old 11-05-2019, 02:35 PM
Team Horizon Hobby
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,855 Posts
Quote:
ok. can you also do the SAFE configuration with the IOS app?
No, that needs to be done on a laptop. That’s not what Dave asked about.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:48 PM
Joined Jan 2012
274 Posts
Quote:
No, that needs to be done on a laptop. That’s not what Dave asked about.
My mistake, I thought his end goal was to be able to configure receivers with bank angle limits and the like for his school's trainer aircraft, thus where I thought he was looking at SAFE configuration as well.

Pardon my mistake
Old 11-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Team Horizon Hobby
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,855 Posts
Quote:
My mistake, I thought his end goal was to be able to configure receivers with bank angle limits and the like for his school's trainer aircraft, thus where I thought he was looking at SAFE configuration as well.

Pardon my mistake
Well maybe I'm wrong. I thought he just wanted to program the gyro in the rx.

Quick Reply