logo
Old 08-03-2018, 07:08 PM
Find More Posts by FGNewbie
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2010
6,421 Posts
what happens when you plug the same servo into the throttle port and gently move the stick through its range of motion? I'd like to see that.
FGNewbie is online now Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Last edited by FGNewbie; 08-03-2018 at 07:14 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-03-2018, 08:47 PM
Find More Posts by jlv476
Joined Aug 2018
9 Posts
Ok thanks I'll look into that option. My concern there would be that Spektrum specifically states to not use amplified cables or servo reversers with the AS3x stuff and I was planning on running the AS3000 with this. I had a digital reversing cable connected for a split elevator to the 9350 and it caused odd trim issues with re-centering.

Did you ever discuss with Spectrum?

If the issue is signal strength then why would connecting more servos decrease the jitter?

When plugging in additional servos it appears that with every new servo connected that the amount of error is halfed and spared by the 2 servos. Plug in a 3rd and then even less jitter per servo. Once 6 servos are connected (even if they are all on the same channel) the jitter is basically unnoticeable.
jlv476 is offline Find More Posts by jlv476
Old 08-03-2018, 08:49 PM
Joined Aug 2018
9 Posts
To FG Newbie

The same thing. Jitter...
Old 08-03-2018, 10:07 PM
Find More Posts by lowpasstwo1951
United States, TX, Springtown
Joined Dec 2017
33 Posts
I see in the video that you are using the soft switch.

Can you unplug the switch and replicate the problem?
lowpasstwo1951 is offline Find More Posts by lowpasstwo1951
Old 08-03-2018, 10:21 PM
Find More Posts by 2walla
United States, WA, Walla Walla
Joined Apr 2007
3,095 Posts
Well the only common thing left is the transmitter. spektrum has been slowly changing their protocol as if you read the fine print they no longer support the older modules with the newer higher channel receivers. i t would be interresting to bind to a dx 18 with your bench setup and see what happens. My thoughts on horizon customer service have been declining over the last coupe years. Is the firmware in your transmitter the latest?
2walla is offline Find More Posts by 2walla
Old 08-03-2018, 10:27 PM
Find More Posts by mxcop
Team Extreme/Team Horizon
Tuckerton, N.J.
Joined Mar 2006
1,557 Posts
Okay now that I see what it’s doing in the video I can confirm I recently had the same thing happen with one of my 12310s and a 6150. I was assembling a new plane, new receiver and new 6150HV for the throttle. Mine did exactly the same thing, as soon as I moved the throttle stick the light flickered and the servo was reacting the same way yours is. I used MKS 777s on the flight surfaces, once I plugged them in the jittering on the 6150 stopped but the light flickering didn’t. I unplugged the 6150 and the light remained solid with all 4 MKS 777s being moved at the same time. I looked at the telemetry and noticed that the 6150 seemed to draw more amps when being moved and when it would jitter than the 777s but not enough to be concerned. I changed the servo out with a Spektrum 6260HV and it worked perfect. I’m confident that there isn’t an issue with you receiver, mine did the same thing and I put 15 flights on the plane over the past week with no issues. The issue appears to be with the servo since it’s isolated to specific servos. I’m going to forward this thread to my contact at Horizon, I will also follow up with you via private message.

Lee
mxcop is offline Find More Posts by mxcop
Old 08-04-2018, 09:33 AM
Joined Mar 2010
6,421 Posts
FWIW, I have a 6150 on the throttle of two airplanes - a 35% and 40%, both using a 12310. They work fine.

2Walla, my experience with HH service - which started over two decades ago with my first JR, is that their service ranges from good to excellent. I have a garage full of their products - several gs airplanes, transmitters, servos, and foamies, and as such I do have some regular contact with their customer support team. On more than one occasion I have felt bad because I needed just one little thing that wasn't sold separately so they sent me the whole packages, no charge. Their separation with JR did leave some in the lurch, but that was JR's decision, and so for my 11x, I deal with them. Otherwise, I have nothing but praise for HH customer support.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:38 AM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined Nov 2009
11,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGNewbie View Post
FWIW, I have a 6150 on the throttle of two airplanes - a 35% and 40%, both using a 12310. They work fine.

2Walla, my experience with HH service - which started over two decades ago with my first JR, is that their service ranges from good to excellent. I have a garage full of their products - several gs airplanes, transmitters, servos, and foamies, and as such I do have some regular contact with their customer support team. On more than one occasion I have felt bad because I needed just one little thing that wasn't sold separately so they sent me the whole packages, no charge. Their separation with JR did leave some in the lurch, but that was JR's decision, and so for my 11x, I deal with them. Otherwise, I have nothing but praise for HH customer support.
+1,
ghoffman is offline Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 08-04-2018, 12:52 PM
Joined Aug 2018
9 Posts
To FG Newbie:

What servos are you using for the control surfaces?

Have you ever had just the throttle plugged in with no other servos? No twitch?
Old 08-04-2018, 05:40 PM
Joined Mar 2010
6,421 Posts
honestly I couldn't tell you, probably - as when I am ready for final set up I plug in one servo at a time - but I can say that I have used many 6150s and have not seen any jitters. I would mount the servo and connect to a surface or throttle, and see what it does. My sense is that the bench testing may not be an appropriate test, but I can't say why. I think you're in good hands with lee.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:39 PM
Find More Posts by mxcop
Team Extreme/Team Horizon
Tuckerton, N.J.
Joined Mar 2006
1,557 Posts
I looked into this and was told that the receiver needs to be updated to the latest firmware, that should resolve the issue. Here is a link that will give you some information on updating the firmware:

How to update your Spektrum PowerSafe Receiver for Foward Programming (7 min 3 sec)

Lee
mxcop is offline Find More Posts by mxcop
Old 07-14-2019, 03:13 PM
Find More Posts by WCF1031
Joined Jul 2019
1 Posts
Any resolve with this power safe receiver and 6150 problem
WCF1031 is offline Find More Posts by WCF1031
Old 09-11-2019, 08:44 AM
Find More Posts by Walid
Joined Nov 2016
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCF1031 View Post
Any resolve with this power safe receiver and 6150 problem
I had a similar problem with Spektrum 12310T and MKS 777a+ servos. The problem is from the receiver, when I changed receiver to JR no issues, all back to normal. When I changed MKS to Savox, also problem was resolved. MKS are super sensitive. According to Spektrum, if you update your receiver to the latest software those problems will be resolved. I did update but never tested afterward, I plan to do it somewhere next week after I get long servo extension (this is where I experience twitching the most).
Walid is offline Find More Posts by Walid
Old 02-25-2020, 09:13 AM
Find More Posts by CZorzella
Joined Jun 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walid View Post
I had a similar problem with Spektrum 12310T and MKS 777a+ servos. The problem is from the receiver, when I changed receiver to JR no issues, all back to normal. When I changed MKS to Savox, also problem was resolved. MKS are super sensitive. According to Spektrum, if you update your receiver to the latest software those problems will be resolved. I did update but never tested afterward, I plan to do it somewhere next week after I get long servo extension (this is where I experience twitching the most).
I wonder about the outcome after the receiver update. Have you tested it already?

Carlos
CZorzella is offline Find More Posts by CZorzella
Old 05-13-2020, 04:50 PM
Find More Posts by Walid
Joined Nov 2016
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZorzella View Post
I wonder about the outcome after the receiver update. Have you tested it already?

Carlos
Hello Carlos. I tested and still the same problem. Software update did not solve it. But servo signal booster did.
Walid is offline Find More Posts by Walid

Quick Reply