logo
This thread is privately moderated by earlwb, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:01 AM
Find More Posts by earlwb
Grapevine, Texas USA
Joined Oct 2009
193 Posts
Discussion
My Big Aeroworks 80 inch Profile Extra

This is the biggest plane I am flying at this time. it is a Aeroworks 80 inch profile Extra. It is actually quite fun to fly and it still has a light wing loading even with the ASP 1.80 engine on the front of it.
I also tried out the Futaba s.Bus system with this plane, where I used the newer Futaba dual s.bus receiver as well as five S9072 s.Bus servos. I used a standard S3004 servo for the throttle. Since I don't fly it full throttle much, the 16 ounce fuel tank has been adequate for flight times.

I made a couple of videos of me flying the plane as well.
This first video was made using a camera that has something like a fish eye lense, which I don't like much.
Flying my Aeroworks 80 inch Profile Extra RC plane (8 min 17 sec)

this second video was made with a camera that had a better lense on it
Aeroworks 80 inch profie flight video m4v (7 min 48 sec)
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
Last edited by earlwb; 11-06-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Find More Posts by Brutimus
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
625 Posts
Man- I have NEVER seen one of those- looks like fun!
Brutimus is offline Find More Posts by Brutimus
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 09-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Grapevine, Texas USA
Joined Oct 2009
193 Posts
Thanks, I think it is a lot of fun too. Granted a profile plane tends to vibrate more at certain RPMs, so you really need to have the engine bolted on good and the muffler too. But I am now getting used to the almost helicopter like landings one can make with it. You can sort of Harrier it in for a landing. I have been too used to flying faster planes and it has been hard getting my brain wired for slow flying instead.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Find More Posts by derdude
Joined Jul 2008
44 Posts
How long ago did Aeroworks that make that?
derdude is offline Find More Posts by derdude
Old 09-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Grapevine, Texas USA
Joined Oct 2009
193 Posts
I think they stopped importing them a couple of years ago. I remember seeing them for sale a couple of years or so ago. But they were out of stock at the time. Everytime I looked it was out of stock. Then one day I was in our LHS here, and they had one hanging from the rafters for sale. Someone had started putting it together, but never got as far as mounting the engine or installing the radio in it. So I scarfed it right on up. It then sat at home for several months until I got all the radio gear for it. They still show it on their website as being sold out still. So I don't know if they get any in from time to time or not.
Last edited by earlwb; 09-25-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Find More Posts by meflyrc
No the other right rudder
United States, VA, Forest
Joined Feb 2006
171 Posts
They still have them on the website but they say sold out. I hope they didn't quit making them, I might need another one day. I have the original kit built version. They didn't make the ARF at the time. The kit was pretty inexpensive when my wife purchased it for me. The kit went together pretty easy and light, mine came out a little heavy because I had a Moki 2.10 on it when I first built it. I have a O.S. 1.60 on it now and it flies like a dream. I'm currently in the process of rebuilding it after a small mishap.
meflyrc is offline Find More Posts by meflyrc

Quick Reply