logo
Old 05-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Find More Posts by BorderLine
Langley B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2006
439 Posts
Re: "EH" 3 New Imac events in the Northwest

SURREY,,,SURREY,,SURREY....This Weekend,

I'll be at the field most of the day Friday to help out and show you guys around. The forcast for the weekend looks great. Mid 20s,SUNNY, light winds.
Saturday for dinner we're going to do a big Chinese Dinner, Something different. For Lunches the guys will be, BBQing Burgers, Smokies with all the trimmings.

SOOOO What can be better??? Good weather,Good Food,Good People and a IMAC Contest!!!

Lots of flat level ground for Dry camping or Motels are very close by. Accomidations are cheap this time of year, off Season.

Runway is grass 700'X 100'...No weeds. Fire pit for sitting around in the evenings.

I appoligize to the Advanced and Unlimited pilots for Restricting this contest, but being my/our first contest. Thought it be easier on us, plus we should have a ton of New Basic Pilots..I'll make it up to you guys at the September contest..

It's only 1.5 hours to Snohomish from our field. So call your flying buddies, get packed up and drive North.

Go on the Imac site for dirrections to RCFCBC ( Poster).

See Ya Friday or Saturday Morning,

Jerry
Langley B,C.

Cell # 604-803-5389 in case you get lost.
BorderLine is offline Find More Posts by BorderLine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Langley B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2006
439 Posts

!!!!!LETS FLY IN CANADA!!!!!!
.................EH...................

Hi Guys..Lets talk a bit about the Surrey contest coming up in Sept 27 & 28.
I have to put my order in for Trophies, as you guys probably know this can be very expensive.
Running all 5 Classes plus Free Style = 18 Trophies,, plus one for top senior=19.

I ask you to Please Please register on line if your planning on attending. It does'nt cost you anything to Register.

I don't want our club to loose a bunch of $$ on un-used Trophies. I'm sure you as Imac pilots don't want that either, cause this will piss our club members off and they may not give me permission to use the field for Imac in 2009.

There's a fair bit of work behind the scenes in organizing a Imac event so please do your part and REGISTER. We don't want to loose facilities that host our Imac events on something that we can control. The Key word is PRE-REGISTER!! For all your events.

Surrey is a great facility with a 700' Grass runway, lots of room for camping,Motels very close,BBQ both days, Chineese food for Saturday night.

I'm willing to put up some CASH $$ for the top 3 in Free-Style in order to have some of the Unlimitted and Advanced guys attend.

Ar far as the pilots from the NWest attending Tucson, you'll have one weekend after Surrey before you have to travel to Tucson. Great Practice!!!

Poster is online on the Imac site for dirrections etc.

Jerry R............JR
Last edited by BorderLine; 08-18-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Find More Posts by rcflier
Bob Hudson
IMAC NC Region
Joined Jan 2006
94 Posts

rcflier is offline Find More Posts by rcflier
Old 08-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Langley B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2006
439 Posts

Hea Bob.. Thanks for the P Message. I've now added the dates ( Sept 27 & 28 ). Please tell me your going to be in Vancouver on vacation and your going to fly at our event.

You can fly one of my planes.

JR
Old 08-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Find More Posts by rcflier
Bob Hudson
IMAC NC Region
Joined Jan 2006
94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderLine View Post
Hea Bob.. Thanks for the P Message. I've now added the dates ( Sept 27 & 28 ). Please tell me your going to be in Vancouver on vacation and your going to fly at our event.

You can fly one of my planes.

JR
Hmmmmm, sounds tempting, thanks for invite!!

Now, let's see, where's that link to Westjet?
Bob
rcflier is offline Find More Posts by rcflier
Old 08-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Find More Posts by Rainman
Rainman
Bonney Lake, WA.
Joined Apr 2007
979 Posts

Jerry, can't for some reason get my sign-on to work for prem. registration, but I do plan to fly Surrey. I am TOTALLY excited to be coming that way. We'll pull the home up. We have our passports ready. Will we need anything from the vet, so we can bring Ruby with us? (to cross the border each way)

We are flying Freestyle, right? Been flying the sim night and day, about 1 to 2 hours a day. I am hoping to see a noticeable improvement at the next contest. You guys are coming to Snohomish, right? See you there.

Rainman
Rainman is offline Find More Posts by Rainman
Old 08-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Langley B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2006
439 Posts

Hea Mr. Raines. Free styles a Gooo. By the sounds of it your going to be better than ever. I'm also trying to get some cash $$$$$ along with Trophies, for Free style. I'm working at it.

In Snohomish we'll have to talk it up with the boys, "SURREY"..
I don't think you'll have a problem with your doggy, you may want to give the Border crossing a call.

Tons of room for RVs, I'm getting so excited.

Have'nt seen any of you guys in a month, miss you guys, great bunch.

Myself I have'nt really flown any Imac, been working on my Free-Style as well. harv's been helping me out.

Starting tomorrow if weather permitts, Were going to start our Imac Thursday practice sessions again. Gearing up for the last 3 contest of the year.

See Ya in Snohomish.

JR
Last edited by BorderLine; 08-28-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:15 AM
Langley B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2006
439 Posts

OK Guys,, 1 week to go till SURREY. Hope most of you can make it. I've had some of our top Supplies donate some great prizes.
Great time for the pilots heading down to Tucson AZ. to get in some stick time and fly at a different field.
I'm planning on Free-Style Saturday afternoon if we have enough enterest.

-Chinese dinner Saturday night.
-Lots of flat level RV parking. No hook-ups
-Flying starts at 10am sharp both days.
-Only electrics before 10 am.(Club Rule)
-BBQ lunch both days

Check-out poster on the N.W. site, for dirrections and accomadations.

Jerry R
Old 05-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Langley B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2006
439 Posts

Guys.....
Our first Imac contest of the year will be May 30 & 31. We're hoping a bunch of you guys from the USA and BC can make it up here to beautifull Surrey and be part of the BC Coastal Wave. Flying will start a 10am both days. We'll have a vote on Saturday morning if we should run Free-style or run three rounds of flying on Saturday. Either way it will be a great weekend. We"ll also run our anual Chineese dinner on the Saturday night.

Hope to see you !!!!

BorderLine gang..

Quick Reply