logo
Old 01-15-2017, 04:31 PM
Find More Posts by 2walla
United States, WA, Walla Walla
Joined Apr 2007
3,095 Posts
When a buddy and I both bought DA35 we ordered a couple of the Falcon props .. When i drilled mine i noticed that the prop face was not perpendicular to the center hole.. When i ran into my buddy a few weeks later, he had noticed the same thing.. I sent a message to falcon, never heard from them.. both props went into the garbage can.. So you can spend a bunch and still get junk..
I would try one of these before I would buy another Falcon...
2walla is offline Find More Posts by 2walla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-15-2017, 05:36 PM
Find More Posts by Muttdog
United States, GA, Canton
Joined Feb 2013
2,826 Posts
LOL, I never even checked balance on mine.
Muttdog is offline Find More Posts by Muttdog
Old 01-16-2017, 06:48 PM
Find More Posts by Toothata540
Huckin', Learnin', & Burnin'
United States, MA, Montague
Joined Dec 2013
639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2walla View Post
When a buddy and I both bought DA35 we ordered a couple of the Falcon props .. When i drilled mine i noticed that the prop face was not perpendicular to the center hole.. When i ran into my buddy a few weeks later, he had noticed the same thing.. I sent a message to falcon, never heard from them.. both props went into the garbage can.. So you can spend a bunch and still get junk..
I would try one of these before I would buy another Falcon...
I'm surprised you didn't get a response. For $75 I would not have trashed it. If you get a hold of them they should make it right. I've had nothing but the best performance from Falcon.
Toothata540 is offline Find More Posts by Toothata540
Old 01-19-2017, 10:40 AM
Find More Posts by Louis d
Canada, NB, Fredericton
Joined Aug 2010
73 Posts
ACRO props

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw87 View Post
Were you able to send it back? Did "Peak" stand behind it?

Thx
No Peakmodel hasen`t come good to me for 2 warranty issues now .

Buyer beware !!!!

I`ve been buying from peak for many years . But now I`m not so sure I would recommend them .

I got a power distribution box I bought from them with my last plane . It became defective after only 12 to 15 flights . They turn away from my request for replacement.
They tell me to talk to SDS hobby the distributor . In turn SDS hobby tells me that if Peakmodel makes a request for me . They will replace it . But peak said no .

Check out the clip

SDS HOBBY / PEAKMODEL Power distribution box issue (6 min 24 sec)

Louis d is offline Find More Posts by Louis d
Old 01-19-2017, 02:53 PM
Joined Dec 2013
639 Posts
There are several threads on the Rccskj power expander sold by Redwing, HK, SDS and Peak. One is right here

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...kj#post2433954

The key is that they are a good servo power expander, but I never use the CDI switches as per a bad experience. I use a tech Aero ibec off channel 5 to bypass the bad CDI Switches. I'm still flying one of these but have since switched to Booma RC for power expanders and servo matching on my newer 100cc plane.

Good luck!
Old 01-19-2017, 11:15 PM
Find More Posts by 2walla
United States, WA, Walla Walla
Joined Apr 2007
3,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothata540 View Post
I'm surprised you didn't get a response. For $75 I would not have trashed it. If you get a hold of them they should make it right. I've had nothing but the best performance from Falcon.
I received no response from them.. nada... zip..zilch...

My buddy didnt have any extra props so hogged his out to fit and flew it for a while till he could get a mejlick.. To get it on he had to take the center hole out and the four holes around it 2 drill sizes up.. Didn't light my fire to do that so in the trash mine went.. I had 3-4 other props from valley view around to try so i just grabbed one and drilled it up to put on the plane.
2walla is offline Find More Posts by 2walla
Old 01-19-2017, 11:43 PM
Find More Posts by Peakmodel
Joined Oct 2008
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis d View Post
No Peakmodel hasen`t come good to me for 2 warranty issues now .

Buyer beware !!!!

I`ve been buying from peak for many years . But now I`m not so sure I would recommend them .

I got a power distribution box I bought from them with my last plane . It became defective after only 12 to 15 flights . They turn away from my request for replacement.
They tell me to talk to SDS hobby the distributor . In turn SDS hobby tells me that if Peakmodel makes a request for me . They will replace it . But peak said no .

Check out the clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snaenQYUEj8

I sent your video and request to SDS already.but say it's no problem and not in warranty.the product buy more than 6 months.and I will try to solve the problem for you .In peakmodel website it's no warranty for this product.all the thing must wait after 3 weeks.after Chinese new year holidays.
thank you for your understanding.
Peakmodel is offline Find More Posts by Peakmodel
Old 01-20-2017, 12:05 AM
Joined Dec 2013
639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2walla View Post
I received no response from them.. nada... zip..zilch...

My buddy didnt have any extra props so hogged his out to fit and flew it for a while till he could get a mejlick.. To get it on he had to take the center hole out and the four holes around it 2 drill sizes up.. Didn't light my fire to do that so in the trash mine went.. I had 3-4 other props from valley view around to try so i just grabbed one and drilled it up to put on the plane.
Did you buy directly from Falcon or was it through another distributor? I buy mine through Chief or Redwing and with any problems I've had on other matters they've been very attentive but haven't had problems with the Falcon props per-se. Worth a shot to call the distributor to see if you can resolve. I cringe at throwing away $60-75. Falcon have been the best performing prop in my hangar, over mezjlick, Vess, Xoar you name it.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:21 AM
Find More Posts by Louis d
Canada, NB, Fredericton
Joined Aug 2010
73 Posts
peakmodel issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakmodel View Post
I sent your video and request to SDS already.but say it's no problem and not in warranty.the product buy more than 6 months.and I will try to solve the problem for you .In peakmodel website it's no warranty for this product.all the thing must wait after 3 weeks.after Chinese new year holidays.
thank you for your understanding.
Ok . Let`s start this again you say ... The item was still under warranty 3 months ago when I started to send emails to You . Peakmodel directly .
So YOU CAN`T SAY IT WAS PAST 6 MONTHS I have the full history of emails .
If 10 Clients had an issue with this . Would you have aceted sooner ?
Another issue

NO WHERE ON YOUR WEB SITE DO YOU SAY ; NO WARRANTY ON ALL YOUR PRODUCTS

I WILL WAIT YOUR 3 WEEKS MORE REQUEST . Since I`ve waited 3 months already

Louis
Louis d is offline Find More Posts by Louis d
Old 05-17-2017, 01:23 AM
Find More Posts by Giulio ZU
Joined Nov 2016
3 Posts
Loving the Acro 28x10!

Giving a try to this prop (28x10) on a GP123 with Canister, the prop is perfect, super light, well balanced and good looking.
It's the IMAC prop you want, with this prop the plane go straight on his line while with a Mejzklik it's more difficult to keep lines.
You don't need to fly more than 3/4 of throttle, the speed is already good.
In freestyle the prop is also good because of the light weight and a little bending on the tips, this make your plane not to wing rocking when hitting the throttle stick.
So I'm really happy with it and I would recommend this prop.
Hope to take hand to a 28x12 that would be even better for freestyle
Giulio ZU is offline Find More Posts by Giulio ZU

Quick Reply