logo
Old 02-18-2017, 05:14 AM
Find More Posts by velocity
Joined Dec 2011
493 Posts
Got the #3 RCS and used it the other day..
velocity is offline Find More Posts by velocity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-18-2017, 08:04 AM
Find More Posts by Luchnia
Word up!
United States, VA, Amelia Court House
Joined Oct 2010
2,356 Posts
I plan to try this out some more this weekend. I was not too impressed with it the last time I used it. I plan to practice the style from the video. My other chicken stick I made works nice, yet I am confident this should work as well too. It is just a matter of starting style really.
Luchnia is offline Find More Posts by Luchnia
Old 02-18-2017, 09:57 AM
Find More Posts by RICHMATH
FLYEMBIG
United States, UT, St George
Joined Apr 2014
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchnia View Post
I plan to try this out some more this weekend. I was not too impressed with it the last time I used it. I plan to practice the style from the video. My other chicken stick I made works nice, yet I am confident this should work as well too. It is just a matter of starting style really.
Its got to be that you are not doing it correctly. You read the response from others that are using the RCS. I use it all the time and truly believe there is no better way.
Dont go too deep on the prop...look at the last part of the video. I am only a few inches from the tip of the prop. The trick is to go straight down the prop and off the tip. Stand slightly to the left of the spinner. Keep a strong straight wrist...dont overthink it and just give it a forceful flip.
Let me know how it goes please.
Thanks,
Richard
RICHMATH is offline Find More Posts by RICHMATH
Old 02-21-2017, 09:29 AM
Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,594 Posts
I would like to thank Richard at Rolling Chicken Stick for donating enough custom Chicken Sticks to give away as IMAC prizes for 1st thru 3rd in all classes!
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Old 02-21-2017, 01:02 PM
Find More Posts by kork
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Nov 2011
1,054 Posts
I finally got to try mine all I can say is "thanks"
I was skeptical if I would like it because I have always used a bare hand.
The CS did not feel awkward at all.
Thanks richard
kork is offline Find More Posts by kork
Old 02-21-2017, 06:02 PM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kork View Post
I finally got to try mine all I can say is "thanks"
I was skeptical if I would like it because I have always used a bare hand.
The CS did not feel awkward at all.
Thanks richard

Thank you my friend for the post. I am glad you like the RCS and that it is working out for you. After you have used it to start your engine for 50 or so times you for sure will not want to go back to starting it with your bare hands.
Keep a strong and straight wrist and go right off the end of the prop...

Thanks again,
Richard
Old 02-21-2017, 06:50 PM
Find More Posts by carden260
United States, IA, Council Bluffs
Joined Jan 2015
23 Posts
I got to finally use mine this weekend and it worked great, much safer than by hand. A friend also had one and he is happy with it also .We were starting DA70's, DLE 120's and ZDZ 180's and all worked well.
carden260 is offline Find More Posts by carden260
Old 02-22-2017, 10:11 AM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carden260 View Post
I got to finally use mine this weekend and it worked great, much safer than by hand. A friend also had one and he is happy with it also .We were starting DA70's, DLE 120's and ZDZ 180's and all worked well.

GREAT!.. So happy to hear you are pleased with the RCS!
Thanks for the post. I appreciate it.

Richard
Old 02-22-2017, 11:22 AM
Find More Posts by thurmma
United States, AR, Rogers
Joined Jul 2009
299 Posts
Richard,

You have created something here that I wonder how I ever started my planes without. I remember using a chicken stick when I was flying nitro but, never thought about it with my big gas engines until I saw this post.

Thank you again for taking the time to create a product that really works!
thurmma is offline Find More Posts by thurmma
Old 02-22-2017, 01:16 PM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmma View Post
Richard,

You have created something here that I wonder how I ever started my planes without. I remember using a chicken stick when I was flying nitro but, never thought about it with my big gas engines until I saw this post.

Thank you again for taking the time to create a product that really works!

WOW BUD!!...thank you for taking the time to post such a good review, you made my day...no, my week!...
I am so glad that it works for you. Maybe, just maybe, someday you will avert an injury by using my Stick...THAT makes my day...week and YEAR!...

Thanks for your post.
Richard
Old 03-03-2017, 08:56 AM
Find More Posts by MarkU1967
United States, IN, Chesterton
Joined Sep 2016
422 Posts
I just placed an order for three Rolling Chicken Sticks. One for me, one for a friend and one for the field I fly at. I have a question though. I have always used just my bare hand for starting my gassers and have not had even a close call. Having said that, it probably only a matter of time. Anyway, now that I got all that out of the way,

I have all my props drilled for the 2:00 position. Will that work out ok? Hopefully I don't have to change this.

Thanks,
Mark
MarkU1967 is offline Find More Posts by MarkU1967
Old 03-03-2017, 09:50 AM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkU1967 View Post
I just placed an order for three Rolling Chicken Sticks. One for me, one for a friend and one for the field I fly at. I have a question though. I have always used just my bare hand for starting my gassers and have not had even a close call. Having said that, it probably only a matter of time. Anyway, now that I got all that out of the way,

I have all my props drilled for the 2:00 position. Will that work out ok? Hopefully I don't have to change this.

Thanks,
Mark

Hi,
First off let me thank you for your purchase.
Take a look at the drill pattern on your prop. If its drilled for 1:00 O:Clock chances are that if you just take the prop and turn it, it will already be drilled for the 11:00 O-Clock position.
I know pilots that prefer the 1:00 O:clock position for starting their engine with the ROLLING Chicken Stick and it works just as well. Many, once they try the 11:00 O:clock stick with it because they think it is better. I personally have always set my prop at 11. It just feels so much better for starting in that position. But, if you prefer the prop at 1 then its your choice and the RCS will work just as well.
There were a lot of pilots at our Presidents Day Fly-in last week using the RDCS and I saw pilots starting their plane with the prop in both positions.
I would say to you to see if your prop is already drilled for the 11 position and if so I would ask you to set it and try that position. I think once you try it you will like it over the 1 position. One thing is that at the 11 you are standing to the side of the prop and for me it really feels a lot safer standing off to the side rather then in front of the prop.
Again, I thank you for your purchase. Please let me know how it works for you.
If you have any more questions please contact me here or PM.

Richard
Old 03-03-2017, 09:55 AM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
808 Posts
Quote:

Thanks,
Mark

HI, I just noticed that you said your props are drilled for 2:00 O:clock rather the 1:00 O:clock. I don't know how this will work for trying to reset the prop, take it off and see how it sets. Anyway, wherever you have your prop set for, if your starting it by hand you can start it with the RCS. It will work at whatever position you have the prop set at. If you have a spare prop, I'd suggest you drill it for 11:00 O:clock and give it a try to see how you like it then decide where you prefer the prop to be and that'll work with the RCS.

Thanks,
Richard
Old 03-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Find More Posts by MarkU1967
United States, IN, Chesterton
Joined Sep 2016
422 Posts
If I rotate the prop on my DA 35 and DA 70 engines by 90 degrees, which use 4 screws, then a 2:00 position will be 11:00 position, right? Then I should be good to go. I forgot to mention which engines I was planning on using this great tool with.
Mark
MarkU1967 is offline Find More Posts by MarkU1967
Last edited by MarkU1967; 03-03-2017 at 10:28 AM. Reason: missed a word or two
Old 03-03-2017, 11:27 AM
FLYEMBIG
Joined Apr 2014
808 Posts
Quote:
If I rotate the prop on my DA 35 and DA 70 engines by 90 degrees, which use 4 screws, then a 2:00 position will be 11:00 position, right? Then I should be good to go. I forgot to mention which engines I was planning on using this great tool with.
Mark
Give it a try Mark and see if it lines up.

Your order came thru ok from Pay Pal now. Thanks

Richard

Quick Reply