logo

The Graupner USA Booth - Toledo 2017

We talk with Mannie from Graupner USA about some new radios and chargers.

Splash

Graupner Radios

Graupners new line of radios are pretty cool. They have handheld and tray style radios and the new 16 channel MC-28 is geared towards drone operators utilizing multiple functions like camera controls with gimbals that are self centering and have large easy to use sticks that make it more flexible for drone operators to use. They feature telemetry and should start hitting the market in May.

Polaron AC/DC 700W Charger

The new Polaron AC/DC 700W charger can charge up to 8S lipo packs and has built in Wifi that allows you to use a phone app to adjust charge profiles and parameters. It's a two channel charger with 300w per channel. There is also a 4 channel 800w charger as well.

Stay tuned to the Graupner USA webpage for more info when these are released.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; 04-12-2017 at 10:57 AM..
Old 04-12-2017, 12:18 PM
Find More Posts by zhavener
Wearer of many hats
United States, GA, Cumming
Joined Dec 2013
49 Posts
Hott Trigger!!!!!!!!!!!!
zhavener is offline Find More Posts by zhavener
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017, 01:36 PM
Find More Posts by FGAshley
\m/
Joined Aug 2014
177 Posts
Hot Triggahhh!!
FGAshley is offline Find More Posts by FGAshley
Old 04-12-2017, 06:38 PM
Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
www.gunnphotoservices.com
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Oct 2009
1,568 Posts
Ha!!! truth.
Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
Old 04-12-2017, 09:49 PM
Find More Posts by WangoTango
Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2007
5,152 Posts
Gotta try one!

The Graupner folks were a few booths down from us and I dropped in for a visit. I think the transmitter I picked up was a 12 channel version and it had a very "feel the difference " feeling to it. The touch screen and programming were very intuitive and the fact that it came with three receivers was enough for us to order one for the shop. Don't know what the "Hott Triggah" thingy is all about but if Miss Ashley
says it I feel we'll soon know what it's all about! So guys.... I'm thinking "Hott Triggah" must be the 2017 version of "Boost Tabs".....
WT
"Hott Triggah, y'all!"
WangoTango is offline Find More Posts by WangoTango
Old 04-12-2017, 10:04 PM
Find More Posts by Keith Cannon
Only Amateurs Measure First
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Apr 2016
1,389 Posts
I bought the MZ-14 Pro in red months ago and love the radio. If I could ever find someone to sell it to for a good price Id consider buying one of their more expensive tray radios. I was also considering transitioning my other planes to HoTT and getting rid of my spektrum and still buying a tray radio for my IMAC stuff.

+1 to Graupner for a quality product at a Great Price!
Keith Cannon is offline Find More Posts by Keith Cannon
Old 04-12-2017, 11:45 PM
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Suspended Account
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2008
2,322 Posts
Those charger/power supply combos look awesome.
Vapor Trails is offline Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Old 04-13-2017, 10:01 AM
Find More Posts by Jim T.
VIBE!
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Jan 2006
2,075 Posts
HOT TRIGGER!!! If you hear it at Joe Nall you gotta yell it back! HOT TRIGGGGGAAA!
HOT TRIGGER explained:
https://youtu.be/lluOEhIBcMU?t=227
Jim T. is offline Find More Posts by Jim T.
Administrator
Last edited by Jim T.; 04-13-2017 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:02 PM
Find More Posts by WangoTango
Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2007
5,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
HOT TRIGGER!!! If you hear it at Joe Nall you gotta yell it back! HOT TRIGGGGGAAA!
HOT TRIGGER explained:
https://youtu.be/lluOEhIBcMU?t=227

Jim,
We will perpetuate the HOT TRIGGGGGGGAAAA chant/phrase/yell every chance we get..... Like right now as these two customers are coming in the door.............................................. ....................... I think I just scared hell outta these two guys but we'll see to it they understand before they leave!
WT

PS: Jim,
I ordinarily sign off with two thumbs up. Work on getting us all a "HOT TRIGGAAAAA!!!" emoticon so it will be official!
WangoTango is offline Find More Posts by WangoTango
Old 04-13-2017, 09:01 PM
Find More Posts by madinpensacola
New plane junkie
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Jun 2014
2,367 Posts
Hot triggaaaahhhhhhhh!
madinpensacola is offline Find More Posts by madinpensacola
Old 04-16-2017, 06:40 PM
c/f
Find More Posts by c/f
c/f
Joined Feb 2008
92 Posts
I bought Jimmys HOTTRIGGA,,,,,

I have been a long time JR fanboy (85), had to go with Futaba FASST (08)with 2.4G cause the Spektrum WASNT WORKING FOR ME. So this past year I bought and followed Manny through out mid-west events and pretty much have become VERY proficient with the Graupner 24 radio. I find it to be a well balanced mix of WIZARDS that replicate my JR12X , to channel and switch assign-ability and mapping flexibility as is my Futaba 12Z

During this 1 year trial period, I did not have a single utttohs happen, I ended up selling my JR 12X because of this level of confidence and reliability of Graupner, Believe me I have purposely put it in an environment to force test to failure. ie

Placed rx alongside a 35amp esc and passed antenas between motor leads

Used (4) 100oz , 7.2Hi Voltage brushless servos of .006 speed in a 3D plane, using ESC UBEC supplied 6 amps set to 7.2VDC, using the 6 channel reciever, then set rx voltage telemetry alarm to 7.0VDC.

Participated in a 300 pilot WORLD RECORD, of which I PURPOSELY waited over 30 seconds hoping to be last man in, once they signaled to turn ON radios and if no bind occurred you were told to NOT FLY and step away from flightline, over 100 pilots had to step away from the flightline, that left 200 of us ready for takeoff.

Installed their 3 gram micro rx in a 2 oz foamy running on a 1S battery with 1.5 BEC. Set up rx voltage telemetry alarm to 3.5VDC

Now the real reason for choosing this path over others comes with total seamless protocol of SMART receivers and flight controllers of aeros, helis, multirotors and Voice activated telemetry with blue tooth headset support. No more box of dongles and PC at the field, all done from the color touch screen that is redundant physical switch pads option as well.

The new V2 heading hold Gyro recievers are like candy, I find it hard to NOT pay the extra $35 to have this onboard flexibility. Its like we spend so much time to insure your model is perfectly
trimmed for level flight, well what if after you provide a stick command and attitude change and its was perfectly trimmed? Thats what its like, and crazy to see a harrier or knifedge sustained perfect trim.

One item I do not know of any other brand offering is the receivers have built in FREE MIXES , this is truely unique and post gyro which makes for a CRAZY LOCKED IN feel of my 170MPH Extreme Flight Outlaw, so locked in that in a sustained knifedge I was able to experiment with gyro modes leaving rudder off and discovered that the Outlaw rudder has adverse yaw when trying to apply in knifedge flight. The launches are so locked in at a level release, I am SO SO tempted to hold it by both wingtips myself and do a LOOK MA , no hands on TX release.

Consider that the Pro is around $425 with Tower Coupons,,, If you were to back out 3 recievers, a super nice aluminum case, SD card Programming cables, 5000MAH Lipo TX battery costs, this is like a sub $300 Aluminum Quad bearing gimbals Pro Class radio. Thats worth a try it and see attitude experiment along side your current radio of choice.

PM if you need programming help, Once you get onbaord with a couple of clues you will be off the the races in short order...
c/f is offline Find More Posts by c/f
Old 04-16-2017, 06:44 PM
Joined Apr 2016
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c/f View Post
I bought Jimmys HOTTRIGGA,,,,,

I have been a long time JR fanboy (85), had to go with Futaba FASST (08)with 2.4G cause the Spektrum WASNT WORKING FOR ME. So this past year I bought and followed Manny through out mid-west events and pretty much have become VERY proficient with the Graupner 24 radio. I find it to be a well balanced mix of WIZARDS that replicate my JR12X , to channel and switch assign-ability and mapping flexibility as is my Futaba 12Z

During this 1 year trial period, I did not have a single utttohs happen, I ended up selling my JR 12X because of this level of confidence and reliability of Graupner, Believe me I have purposely put it in an environment to force test to failure. ie

Placed rx alongside a 35amp esc and passed antenas between motor leads

Used (4) 100oz , 7.2Hi Voltage brushless servos of .006 speed in a 3D plane, using ESC UBEC supplied 6 amps set to 7.2VDC, using the 6 channel reciever, then set rx voltage telemetry alarm to 7.0VDC.

Participated in a 300 pilot WORLD RECORD, of which I PURPOSELY waited over 30 seconds hoping to be last man in, once they signaled to turn ON radios and if no bind occurred you were told to NOT FLY and step away from flightline, over 100 pilots had to step away from the flightline, that left 200 of us ready for takeoff.

Installed their 3 gram micro rx in a 2 oz foamy running on a 1S battery with 1.5 BEC. Set up rx voltage telemetry alarm to 3.5VDC

Now the real reason for choosing this path over others comes with total seamless protocol of SMART receivers and flight controllers of aeros, helis, multirotors and Voice activated telemetry with blue tooth headset support. No more box of dongles and PC at the field, all done from the color touch screen that is redundant physical switch pads option as well.

The new V2 heading hold Gyro recievers are like candy, I find it hard to NOT pay the extra $35 to have this onboard flexibility. Its like we spend so much time to insure your model is perfectly
trimmed for level flight, well what if after you provide a stick command and attitude change and its was perfectly trimmed? Thats what its like, and crazy to see a harrier or knifedge sustained perfect trim.

One item I do not know of any other brand offering is the receivers have built in FREE MIXES , this is truely unique and post gyro which makes for a CRAZY LOCKED IN feel of my 170MPH Extreme Flight Outlaw, so locked in that in a sustained knifedge I was able to experiment with gyro modes leaving rudder off and discovered that the Outlaw rudder has adverse yaw when trying to apply in knifedge flight. The launches are so locked in at a level release, I am SO SO tempted to hold it by both wingtips myself and do a LOOK MA , no hands on TX release.

Consider that the Pro is around $425 with Tower Coupons,,, If you were to back out 3 recievers, a super nice aluminum case, SD card Programming cables, 5000MAH Lipo TX battery costs, this is like a sub $300 Aluminum Quad bearing gimbals Pro Class radio. Thats worth a try it and see attitude experiment along side your current radio of choice.

PM if you need programming help, Once you get onbaord with a couple of clues you will be off the the races in short order...
+1
Old 04-16-2017, 08:06 PM
Joined Apr 2016
1,389 Posts
They are now updating the 24 to a Pro version for $50

https://www.graupnerusa.com/Firmware...m_medium=email
Old 04-17-2017, 08:22 PM
Find More Posts by bhughes
TROUT FARM FLYER AKA BERTABOY
Canada, AB
Joined Jun 2013
897 Posts
Been flying graupner since they first came to North America. Dead reliable setup. The delay from tx to rx is almost nothing. Way faster feeling compared to my old jr. Best bang for your buck when it comes to a reliable radio.
bhughes is offline Find More Posts by bhughes
Old 05-18-2017, 01:36 PM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts
Holding me back..........I have toooooo many planes to convert over. 3 rx's are just not enough. But the Graupner stuff is very jet friendly as well.
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea

Quick Reply