logo
Old 12-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Find More Posts by noserider
Joined Sep 2008
21 Posts
Help!
No way to find a yak OMP canopy!

Hi,

I need a new canopy for my OMP 100cc Yak 55 SP.
The problem is : OMP and EG aircraft don't have this item or just don't want to sell one!

Does anyone have an idea where I could find one ?

Thanks

Noserider
noserider is offline Find More Posts by noserider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts
Re: No way to find a yak OMP canopy!

What's wrong with the old one?
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 12-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Joined Sep 2008
21 Posts

Too low level inverted
Old 12-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,594 Posts

I might have a extra one I could sell you, but it is a bit worn out. Probably a lot better shape than what yours is from the sound of it.
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Old 12-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Find More Posts by closetguy
United States, OH, Berlin Heights
Joined Jul 2006
5,961 Posts

Well that SUCKS,that is one reason i bought the same plane as you,so i could get parts from OMP for it.you know buy from a American company to get the service that you need when you need parts.next time i will remember this when i buy my next plane. i will buy from some china factory that you no you will never get parts for it ,but at lease i won't half to pay top dollar for it.i thought OMP was a better company than that,live and learn i guess.
i also need a canopy for my Yak 55sp,the deck of the canopy is made out of plastic and it warp in the sun,looks like ****,thanks OMP!!

really

sucks
closetguy is offline Find More Posts by closetguy
Old 12-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Joined Sep 2008
21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid View Post
I might have a extra one I could sell you, but it is a bit worn out. Probably a lot better shape than what yours is from the sound of it.
Mine is just DEAD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetguy View Post
Well that SUCKS,that is one reason i bought the same plane as you,so i could get parts from OMP for it.you know buy from a American company to get the service that you need when you need parts.next time i will remember this when i buy my next plane. i will buy from some china factory that you no you will never get parts for it ,but at lease i won't half to pay top dollar for it.i thought OMP was a better company than that,live and learn i guess.
i also need a canopy for my Yak 55sp,the deck of the canopy is made out of plastic and it warp in the sun,looks like ****,thanks OMP!!
This plane rocks and flies AWESOME but I agree spare parts are just as important as the plane itself for a top quality product like that...
Last edited by noserider; 12-26-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Find More Posts by DEVZAK9
Crashen em and Bashen em
Trying to fly this dang yak
Joined Nov 2006
4,389 Posts

noserider:

If you cant get one from them check ebay or something you may be able to find one floating around on the web somewhere. Good luck getting your new canopy.

closetguy:

OMP an EG are both great companies they just might not have extra parts in stock at the moment. Just cause you cant get your replacement item at the drop f a hat doesn't mean you have to bash the company. And as for the canopy floor being warped, excuse me if i sound like an ********* when i say this its not meant to sound that way, but its common sense that plastic if left in the heat will warp. Im sure omp will take care of you if you have patience my friend. Take a breath and go at it calmly and you may have a better outcome.

Hope everyone had a good christmas!!!
DEVZAK9 is offline Find More Posts by DEVZAK9
Old 12-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
Hi,

I need a new canopy for my OMP 100cc Yak 55 SP.
The problem is : OMP and EG aircraft don't have this item or just don't want to sell one!

Does anyone have an idea where I could find one ?

Thanks

Noserider
Have you called OMP, or do you just not see one on the website?
Old 12-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Joined Sep 2008
21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVZAK9 View Post
noserider:

If you cant get one from them check ebay or something you may be able to find one floating around on the web somewhere. Good luck getting your new canopy.

closetguy:

OMP an EG are both great companies they just might not have extra parts in stock at the moment. Just cause you cant get your replacement item at the drop f a hat doesn't mean you have to bash the company. And as for the canopy floor being warped, excuse me if i sound like an ********* when i say this its not meant to sound that way, but its common sense that plastic if left in the heat will warp. Im sure omp will take care of you if you have patience my friend. Take a breath and go at it calmly and you may have a better outcome.

Hope everyone had a good christmas!!!

Unfortunately, I already spent hours searching this item on the web from Europe and US distributors. It's been two months I'm looking for it and I'm just tired now to spend all this time for nothing. That's why I post here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50%plane View Post
Have you called OMP, or do you just not see one on the website?
I mailed Mike P. and get the answer the item was not available.
Last edited by noserider; 12-26-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Crashen em and Bashen em
Joined Nov 2006
4,389 Posts

Quote:
Unfortunately, I already spent hours searching this item on the web from Europe and US distributors. It's been two months I'm looking for it and I'm just tired now to spend all this time for nothing. That's why I post here.
Im sorry to hear about your luck. Maybe sukhoikid has one he can sell you, even if it isnt in the best shape its better than not one at all
Old 12-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Joined Sep 2008
21 Posts

Yeah, this is really better than flying without canopy, I could also make one in glass or carbon fiber but I quite don't have time for this.
The problem is I live in France so the shipping will probable cost more than the "vintage" canopy and I would really like to give my plane its "as new" style again...
Old 12-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Find More Posts by vernonf
Phoenix, Az
Joined Jan 2006
256 Posts

make a wood form for the canopy and buy a sheet of plexiglass. Lay the plexiglass on the wood form and throw it in an oven at 350 degrees f. for 40 minutes or so. it will form over the wood. Then let it cool down and trim the plexiglass. There you have it, a new canopy.
vernonf is offline Find More Posts by vernonf
Old 12-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Crashen em and Bashen em
Joined Nov 2006
4,389 Posts

Maybe you could mold one out of foam? then lay fiberglass over the foam to give it the shape you need and paint it?
Old 12-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,594 Posts

I am sorry for your frustration, but this is about how every company is. This is not like a Car Dealership where they always have spare parts for your car. It takes time to get spares in. We may have a few items in stock, but not everything. I mean even other Companies like Aero-Works, Extreme Flight, Pilot etc go through the same thing.

As for your canopy you have to keep it out of the sun. If you have canopy that has black on top then you should know better to keep that baby out of the sun. Again sorry for your frustration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetguy View Post

really

sucks
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Old 12-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid View Post
I am sorry for your frustration, but this is about how every company is. This is not like a Car Dealership where they always have spare parts for your car. It takes time to get spares in. We may have a few items in stock, but not everything. I mean even other Companies like Aero-Works, Extreme Flight, Pilot etc go through the same thing.

As for your canopy you have to keep it out of the sun. If you have canopy that has black on top then you should know better to keep that baby out of the sun. Again sorry for your frustration.
+1

Quick Reply