logo
Old 04-04-2019, 05:33 PM
Find More Posts by hpdrifter
United States, UT, Park City
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
abc
hpdrifter is offline Find More Posts by hpdrifter
Last edited by hpdrifter; 04-07-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-04-2019, 05:37 PM
Find More Posts by cravenjw
Joined Jul 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronc View Post
I have used powerbox in the past. If you check the specs they are 2 x 20 amps and their poly fuses for individual channels are probably the same!
There is a suggestion in the video that the Jeti CB100/CB400 are different. However they both use the same polyfuses as the CB200.

The Frsky Redundancy Bus, which is clone of the Jeti CB200 has polyfuses, the same physical size and with numeric labelling that would suggest they are equivalent spec.
cravenjw is offline Find More Posts by cravenjw
Last edited by cravenjw; 04-04-2019 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:09 PM
Joined Jul 2012
24 Posts
One other spec readers should know about the MJF-852 meter is that it does not measure wide band noise or anywhere near the 2.4 band. Its is an AM radio tuned to 135MHz (with 100kHz notch filter), meaning it measures noise between 134.7-135.3MHz.
Last edited by cravenjw; 04-04-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:33 PM
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
abc
Last edited by hpdrifter; 04-07-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
United States, UT, Plain City
Joined Dec 2006
594 Posts
You know, if the few of you guys that are so admit that Jeti is such a flawless system and there is not a care in the world about their product and you like it so much, why don’t you just buy all of my Jeti products and we can all be on our way. Here is a list of everything I have. If you want to stand by this product so strongly without even trying to listen to reason why don’t you prove yourselves and buy my perfect Jeti products and use them yourselves. Complete package only I will not break it up.
flyrcjoe13 is offline Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Old 04-04-2019, 09:42 PM
Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
United States, UT, Plain City
Joined Dec 2006
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
Told you MANY Times, SHOW US the DATA.
Where is DATA LOG? I am hoping you know what I am talking about

Soo far you look like the only one, and that does not reflect well on you.
I went back and forth with Danny and James for over a year. I offered to send back 3 CB200s so that Danny could take them with him when he went to the factory, which he said he did. I sent all of my videos and findings to Danny who said he was sharing it with James. We had multiple conversations and not once was I asked for my data. I would have happily sent it to you when I was doing all of this. When I completed my cub and was programming it into the transmitter I deleted the extra 260 that Had the cb200 in it. I would have thought that with you guys already having all of this info and going as far as bringing it up to the factory that if you needed the data you would have asked for it months ago.
In typical ZB fashion, you refuse to help customers and then when they tell others and show reason you belittle and try to discredit anything they say. If you truly believe in your product and had an unhappy customer why didn’t you just buy back the cb200’s when Danny had them there at your place? When I showed all of the research information to Thomas at MKS he and I were able to work together and he took all of the servos back and gave me a full refund. That is an honorable business person. If you truly believe in your product, buy it all back from me. Yesterday I provided you with a complete list of all the item I have, where they were purchased and how much they cost. Put your money where your mouth is.
flyrcjoe13 is offline Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Old 04-05-2019, 07:04 AM
Joined Jul 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrcjoe13 View Post
I went back and forth with Danny and James for over a year. I offered to send back 3 CB200s so that Danny could take them with him when he went to the factory, which he said he did. I sent all of my videos and findings to Danny who said he was sharing it with James. We had multiple conversations and not once was I asked for my data. I would have happily sent it to you when I was doing all of this. When I completed my cub and was programming it into the transmitter I deleted the extra 260 that Had the cb200 in it. I would have thought that with you guys already having all of this info and going as far as bringing it up to the factory that if you needed the data you would have asked for it months ago.
In typical ZB fashion, you refuse to help customers and then when they tell others and show reason you belittle and try to discredit anything they say. If you truly believe in your product and had an unhappy customer why didn’t you just buy back the cb200’s when Danny had them there at your place? When I showed all of the research information to Thomas at MKS he and I were able to work together and he took all of the servos back and gave me a full refund. That is an honorable business person. If you truly believe in your product, buy it all back from me. Yesterday I provided you with a complete list of all the item I have, where they were purchased and how much they cost. Put your money where your mouth is.
Well your Jeti experience is unfortunate, you are just another in a long list of users that don’t get ZB!

ZB is the Zonald Brump of RC!

He thrives on this stuff, these posts and threads. He actually doesn’t worry about the negative impact, he thinks this stuff is great advertising!

Welcome to the era of M”RC”GA!

Anybody who isn’t a Jeti noob, knows you don’t get support either technical or commercial from him. He survives on the people around him who have managed to learn to tolerate him and offer that support to the user base. What you do get from Zb is endless series of flash pics, of the lastest model to and txt colour scheme or his dog every time somebody asks a tough question or things get warm in a thread.

It you or anybody else is expecting anything else or for him to change, all I can say is good luck!
Old 04-05-2019, 07:26 AM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenjw View Post
Well your Jeti experience is unfortunate, you are just another in a long list of users that don’t get ZB!

ZB is the Zonald Brump of RC!

He thrives on this stuff, these posts and threads. He actually doesn’t worry about the negative impact, he thinks this stuff is great advertising!

Welcome to the era of M”RC”GA!

Anybody who isn’t a Jeti noob, knows you don’t get support either technical or commercial from him. He survives on the people around him who have managed to learn to tolerate him and offer that support to the user base. What you do get from Zb is endless series of flash pics, of the lastest model to and txt colour scheme or his dog every time somebody asks a tough question or things get warm in a thread.

It you or anybody else is expecting anything else or for him to change, all I can say is good luck!

Actually John,

This is exactly the point of the backlash against ZB, you highlighted it above. I don't think anyone is arguing the point, they are simply confirming what you've posted.

ZB is ignorant (confirmed)
ZB does not care (confirmed)
ZB will not offer any sort of support (Confirmed)

Here's a question though regarding the test that Flyrc Joe did.

It's obvious there was some sort of spurious RF, we can't argue that because it's pretty evident. Regardless of the intended utilization of the tool, it did pick up noise.

What do you speculate it was, considering it was present when plugged into the CB 200 and gone when removed from the CB200.

Note, during his test there was no real load on the servos. What do you think the root cause of the noise was considering the only thing that changes was the removal of the CB200 from the test.

Thank You
JoeT is online now Find More Posts by JoeT
Old 04-05-2019, 01:01 PM
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
abc
Last edited by hpdrifter; 04-07-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:04 PM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,273 Posts
HPDrifer, seems like you have the propensity to extract minimal information and interpret things a bit off.

Here's a sample of what research can do, done by the same Cravenjw that posted on this thread.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7&postcount=13

To add to cravenjw's comment on BLS172 Stalled, the 4.2 amps is within the range, but most digital servos do reduce the draw at "Stall" and have higher amperage draw during movement, in particular when accelerating to a different position. The BLS172 can draw up to 6 amps while changing direction which reduces to 4.2 ish amps at stall.

As was discovered by cravenjw (John C), this is the spec sheet of the polyfuse. Personally i'd trust the manufacturer of the polyfuse before I trust "marketecture".

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3&d=1547739906

The Table2 performance ratings in the .pdf sheet provided by the linked post is very telling.
Note, the tests and specs are done on 12V.

Table 2 indicates that at 60 degrees C, the hold amperage @ 12v is 2 amps, trip voltage is 4 amps.

Now you can work on the math of what unit of work would trip the polyfuse in an ideal world. (it would be much lower).

Putting something in an oven does nothing, unless you can also simulate load at a given voltage and temperature.
JoeT is online now Find More Posts by JoeT
Old 04-05-2019, 03:58 PM
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
abc
Last edited by hpdrifter; 04-07-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:55 PM
Find More Posts by mikeh
United States, WI, Green Bay
Joined Mar 2006
553 Posts
What setup would u suggest for a 35% airframe. Staying away from the CB200. Is it possible to run two recievers into one switch? I was given the remote off on switch as a gift ans wouls like to use it. Also would like to have the option to run telemetry on the motor for temps on each head.
mikeh is offline Find More Posts by mikeh
Old 04-05-2019, 08:14 PM
Joined Jul 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
Actually John,
Here's a question though regarding the test that Flyrc Joe did.

It's obvious there was some sort of spurious RF, we can't argue that because it's pretty evident. Regardless of the intended utilization of the tool, it did pick up noise.

What do you speculate it was, considering it was present when plugged into the CB 200 and gone when removed from the CB200.

Note, during his test there was no real load on the servos. What do you think the root cause of the noise was considering the only thing that changes was the removal of the CB200 from the test.

Thank You

JoeT

No doubt there is RF present. I am not disputing that.

I contacted FlyRCJoe early this week. I wanted to get the simplest setup (what servo(s) to connected to a CB200) that he thought would guarantee that i could repeat of the movement and RF in his video. I told him i do a lot of Jeti testing. I told him i have found and documented a lot of jeti bugs. I have got Jeti to fix bunch of things based on good testing and documented of the results. I told him i wanted to validate his results with what i considered more appropriate tools and methods. I disclosed that i thought he had made a couple incorrect statements he might want to reconsider.

The calls didn't go well! I think FlyRCJoe thinks i am part of some Jeti "dark state".

I fly Jeti. I use the CB200, in all my planes! I personally haven't had any bad events. But, the CB200 is far from perfect. I have 4 threads on RCG documenting its past bugs and querks. I personally want to know as much as everybody else if there is critical flaw.

I am not connected to Jeti. I send them lots of suggestions. I almost never get any direct answers or replies. I do know they are listen. They have done a number of firmware changes based on my testing. But i suspect, they generally consider me to be a pain in butt.

Needless to say, i am still more that willing to look at this issue in detail. But i don't speculate.

I have never, i many setups, with the servos i have used, been able to get things as messed up as FLYRCJOE! I have had a few wiggles and chatters with MKS777 (originals). But nothing like the vid. No chatter away from center or under load. Deadband is too low. Velco in the counterbalance slots always damped it out.

I highlighted statement above.

"it was present when plugged into the CB 200 and gone when removed from the CB200"

I going outline the tests done. And i am going to ask you and the others, to go and actually watch the segments again. Confirm what i outline. And then ask you if you still think that this is isolated to the CB200.

Please go watch:

15:48
Case: 2 x 599 servos on CB200
Initial Measurement: high RF, no chatter, low buzz
Sticks Moved: chatter starts
Comment: Where is the control, meaning experimental control, same servos, same bat/voltage, no CB200?

17:47
Case: one servo on rudder, direct into RX (not CB200), RX powered direct by 2s
Measurement: Lots of noise. Lots of chatter.
Comment: Why is CB200 getting dragged into this debacle?
I don't think its even a Jeti RX!
I think its a Hitec Optima.
Notice when he pull the servo wire, there is red LED,
jeti rx don't have LED!!!
The servos show RF and chatter with another brand of RX directly connected to Lipo!!!

18:28
Case: CB200 with no bats. Appears to be 2 x RX and 1 x servos and 3 connection for power? from smartfly at 5V
Measurement: no noise
Comment: Does anybody think HV servos will behave the same at 5V as at 7.2?
Should have put 5V into front end of CB for a control test
Throttle servo earlier was MKS1250? Operating Voltage: 4.8~8.4 V DC Volts
Power goes in one polyfuse, then back out a 2nd polyfuse. Was the voltage at the servo checked? when it was buzzing and drawing, did it stay above 4.8?

19:02
Case: CB200 with one bat (2s lipo? 7.2V or more), but he also has 7 more servos attached than the 5V test!!! (i assume the 599s?)
Comment: Why cant we just do apples for apples control test!!!!
Joe points meter antenna (point null) at CB200, the signal increases (CB200 is not making the RF), he points antenna at ail wires, signal goes down (the wires are making more RF than CB).
Joe should have followed the ail wires and pointed directly at ail servos. I suspect if he did, the meter signal would drop even more (ie more RF).

So, going over this, Joe had RF in every case, with/without the CB200 and even without a JETI RX (ie any Jeti), except that 5V and with a servo that was on the edge of its operating voltage.

Do you want to ask your question again?
Old 04-05-2019, 08:18 PM
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
abc
Last edited by hpdrifter; 04-07-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:28 PM
Joined Jul 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
According to CB200's poly fuses specs, the tripping temperature should be 80C or 176F. So I put CB200 in my post-curing oven to see if it is true. Probably is. At 50C or 122F, the box got pretty hot so I stopped. As you can see, at 50C nothing tripped. In the Video, Joe says the poly fuses trip at 32C which is wrong.
Everbody should should stop baking their CBs and RX!

What does it prove if you dont have current and servo and everything else going!!!! Bad RF ... bad plastic odours, pissed off wives.....

Current vs time is far more the critical issue, compared to ambient temperature (inside the fuse).

I have a bunch of testing. Not complete. Will post on RCG in dedicated thread. Sorry if you don't do RCG.

Quick Reply