logo
Old 04-03-2019, 03:20 PM
Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Melbourne, FL, USA
Joined May 2007
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Wiley View Post
Pretty sure it's reflecting poorly on someone else as well. Hmmm, who could that be
Hungry and Angry or Hungary?
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-03-2019, 03:21 PM
Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Melbourne, FL, USA
Joined May 2007
553 Posts
http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...0mhz-line.aspx

Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Old 04-03-2019, 03:22 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
toledo ohio
Joined Jan 2009
10,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
And in meant time I am doing my complete setup with Jeti for 7m/35 lbs. ]
Quote:
Hungary is country hungry is something else
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungaryg]
Before you start attempting to correct other people's grammar, you may want to check your own first. What is "and in meant time"?
jamesrxx951 is online now Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Last edited by jamesrxx951; 04-03-2019 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:24 PM
Find More Posts by camss69
DDD
Joined Dec 2006
1,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Wiley View Post
15 amps is not a bunch of power hungry servos......it's like one power Hungary servo on one elevator doing a rolling loop in a 70cc airplane.

So as a non-Jeti user but someone who has looked at them .....in their own specs they show two channels with 10amps max and 90amp burst and a temp of 167 degrees. 20amps is not event enough to handle a 120cc airplane on a moderately aggressive flight or a 70cc plane in an aggressive flight........under a canopy in the sun 167 degrees is likely conservative for sitting plane temps.

Looks like to me this RX is not only dangerous but useless. From the way the distributor would rather talk smack instead of help a customer I'm not looking again that's for sure. Waste of time and terrible vendor conduct.
Thereís no way one servo is pulling 15 amps. My entire 35% plane with MKS 777ís and JR 8911ís never pulled 15 amps at any point during my flights, doing 3D, blenders, pop tops, rolling circles... all that stuff.. Now Iím sure you could get the plane to pull that if you tried hard enough but even if you did it would only be for a split second... Iím using the logs off my DS-16 and my CB200 equiped plane.
camss69 is offline Find More Posts by camss69
Old 04-03-2019, 03:38 PM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Nov 2009
8,071 Posts
This seems like a reasonable spec for a 104 inch Extra: 35 amps continuous and 50 amps peak current
ghoffman is online now Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 04-03-2019, 03:41 PM
Find More Posts by 3D Wiley
Flyin' Low
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jun 2011
34 Posts
Quote:
Hungary is country hungry is something else
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungary
Do you have any DATA to back your imagination?
If your servos would be pulling 20A continues, your 4000mAh
battery pack would be done in 5 minutes. Are you flights 4.5 minutes?
Get your facts straight. And produce the Facts.
All servo connectors are built for 5A max current. IF you would pull 20A continues you WILL melt and short those connectors. And that's fact, not product of your "feelings", servo wire/connectors spec.
Ditex servos are the only ones that will give you Amp live readout. I bet you have NO ditexes and Jeti installed in your models.
Another fact: Operating Temp (+75C) is NOT maximum. And we HAVE temp telemetry that records and can activate alarms if needed.

OK another one wants to take a shot?
You people live in a bubble and go make fun of yourself, you look like a fool on here. It does not take much scientific testing to see what servos pull. Direct from Thomas at MKS the 599 and 380 can pull up to 20 amps and you can see on an amp meter just wiggling a plane readings up to 5 amps with several different mfg. servos

At least when other companies had defective RX's etc. they were smart enough to fix the problem instead of calling customers and potential customers stupid.

Maybe instead of being a douche have you considered offering a suggestion for how to set up a 40# plane with top of the line servos flying something other than IMAC? How about you offer some data and actually set up some of the planes that people are tossing into the ground instead of using the public for your test bed and your band of fanboys backing you up.

douche
/do͞oSH/
noun
a shower of water.
"a daily douche"
INFORMALēNORTH AMERICAN
an obnoxious or contemptible person (typically used of a man).
"that guy is such a douche"

Just in case that was not clear, Screw this BS
3D Wiley is offline Find More Posts by 3D Wiley
Old 04-03-2019, 03:56 PM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,222 Posts
Here's a funny thing. Digital servos will pull tons if amps when they start moving or when changing directions.

They pull less amps at stall.

Hers a video of a test of the mks777:
MKS777 (2 min 44 sec)

So while doing a harrier with the servos consistently moving back and forth 2 servos can draw above 15 amps without going to the endpoint.
JoeT is online now Find More Posts by JoeT
Old 04-03-2019, 05:16 PM
Find More Posts by hpdrifter
United States, UT, Park City
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
abc
hpdrifter is offline Find More Posts by hpdrifter
Last edited by hpdrifter; 04-07-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:23 PM
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
abc
Last edited by hpdrifter; 04-07-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:34 PM
Find More Posts by 3D Wiley
Flyin' Low
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jun 2011
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
Central Box 400
So you're telling me the only safe solution for a 40-50% airplane is a $700 receiver? Guess that CC slider option will be useful.
3D Wiley is offline Find More Posts by 3D Wiley
Old 04-03-2019, 06:42 PM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
Here is what one of the greatest Richard Hanson says about present JR style servo connectors.

"Not to try and confuse the issue---
The present connectors we use, will MELT at a continuous 5 five amps and 6.5 volts
This I have tested .
Realistically I have never been able to melt the connectors when flying a forty pounder with 10 servos
If anyone has measured the actual consumption of the present "400 inch ounce " servos in , say a 40 lb frantically 3D setup , I would really like to know."
Dont cloud the issue. Look at the video, I've tested other servos using the Dupont connectors and non have gotten warm. Dupont can withstand more Watts than what you're posting. And if what you claim is true you might as well throw away all your Dupont's and use 19 gauge wiring. Hahahah

Some people know others speculate. Stop speculating please

The facts are sitting in the video that's posted. That's just one if many servos tested on my YouTube channel that's public.
JoeT is online now Find More Posts by JoeT
Old 04-03-2019, 08:06 PM
Find More Posts by buckeyeflyer
Go Bucks!!!
United States, OH, Somerset
Joined Nov 2012
2,851 Posts
I just finished reading the responses from Joes video.. I am very disgusted by this. I have kept silent about my experience for two years.. I have warned people of the cb200 issues but never posted my experiences... This hobby is supposed to be fun and most of all it needs to be safe as well. So here is my story. Over two years ago my brother and I both purchased Jeti radios and 6 cb200s.. We previously used JR 11x which we had no issues with for years but it was time to get something that would give us telemetry so we could operate our models and have more control. So let’s get to the point.. We converted 4 planes. 105 slick, Pilot 107 edge, Pilot 40% extra, 35% max, .. During setup we came across some weird stuff.. We had outputs changing on there own.. The cb200 would change output from analog to digital on its own which in turn would take away the ability to control the servo. We than went to our field with the msx. Tried to fly the plane and the throttle Servo quit working.. CB200 changed its output again... We didn’t fly the plane becuase we where freaked out this was happening. After a few calls to James he informed us that if the cb 200 was not powered down by the mag switch or sat it can possibly do this.. So my first thought is wow this isn’t good. If the plane loses power during a flights delay then comes back the cb200 can basically change its outputs and take away my ability to control one or multiple Servos.. Anyway we thought we had a resolve for the issue. This was in the winter so we where so excited to fly and Joe Nall was the first time us Northerners really get to fly.. We then tried to fly the McD again and guess what it did it again... Eventhough we powered everything down correctly it switched again.. We immediately took it to the Jeti Tent.. James took the transmitter and was going to send it away for testing.. So we decided to try the edge with my other ds 16.
First flight we kept getting major flashes on the elevators. Than every once in a while the ailerons.. So we grounded that plane.. We then went back to the Jeti tent. James convinces is it was either our Servos or the tech aero ibec.. So we started by removing the ibec.. The next flight problem was still there.. So we grounded that plane.. I did not think for one second it was a Servo becuase this plane flew perfectly with the JR radio.. So now we flew the 40% extra and it flew horribly.. Couldn’t understand what was going on but every time we landed it the elevators would come completely out of trim.. Once again another plane that flew perfectly with a JR radio. At this point we basically lost faith in the Jeti setup and quit flying all the planes.. Thank god we had two planes still on the JR 11 x so we just flew them all week without any issues.. So as the summer went along we found out that the mxs was losing power becuase of the Demon Pro cortex and needed something done to fix the issue.
I think it needed some kind of update.. Troy my brother at that point basically was done with Jeti.. I on the other hand tried to work through all the issues. On a Friday night I finally got the opportunity to fly my slick with the Jeti setup for the first time.. Flew it 6 times that evening with zero issues.. The next day at noon on a sunny day in August I flew the slick again.
I took off did an inverted fly by and went up line into a pop top.. Immediately lost elevators and the plane blasted strait into the ground.. Good news is it planted the motor but the radio and batteries still where completely functional... We shot a video showing all of our findings.
The cb 200 was completely the issue. Guess what both elevators were out of trim after the crash... When the channel shuts power off to the Servo the Servo loses trim.. This was communicated to james and basically told us they had no issues with the cb200 ever.. It was us. My brother and I have been building and flying for 30 plus years and we both knew it had nothing to do with the setup... We then tested everything on the slick and nothing on the plane had an issue.. So four different planes two different ds 16 s and all of the planes had issues ... All four of the planes had different Servo combinations as well.. I kept flying my electric planes on the Jeti radio and had absolutely no issues.. I called James two different times asking him about the cb 200 asking if they had any new info. He told me that they have zero issues with the product. I knew differently.. I also was trying to get my radio back. Jeti kept Troys ds16 basically all summer. Finally they did send it back and Troy immediately sold it. I did my best to communicate the issues to my friends so they wouldn’t lose a plane or possibly have someone get hurt becuase of this product.. My brother and I then bought two new Futaba 18Mz radios installed these radio in the three planes that didn’t crash and guess what. They have zero issues. Exactly the same setup dozens of flights and nothing.
There are many others just like Troy and I there is other videos showing issues so for all of you that believe Joe is making this up or some other bull crap I have read. You are completely wrong. Sorry if I misspelled something but I am pissed.. The way this whole situation was handle is really disgusting..
buckeyeflyer is offline Find More Posts by buckeyeflyer
Old 04-03-2019, 08:11 PM
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
abc
Last edited by hpdrifter; 04-07-2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:13 PM
Find More Posts by Rusty 73
Flyin low and Smooth
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2014
649 Posts
Found this capacitor on JETI website , to be use on long lengths of power wire reduce possible interference . Has anyone used a capacitor on the battery power line?
Rusty 73 is offline Find More Posts by Rusty 73
Old 04-03-2019, 08:34 PM
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
abc
Last edited by hpdrifter; 04-07-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Quick Reply