logo
Old 07-25-2019, 04:14 PM View Post
haribo
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). Show it to me anyway.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:43 PM
Find More Posts by dhal22
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Apr 2009
2,022 Posts
Some of that wasted time could be spent on adding a touch screen to his radio. Remember when Apple thought a large screen phone wasn't necessary? They argued with everybody, Samsung left them in the dust.

Why would you spend so much effort trying to be better and not have a touch screen?
dhal22 is online now Find More Posts by dhal22
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2019, 09:31 PM
Find More Posts by eheliflyer
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,493 Posts
Interesting stuff ZB. Some of the features are very nice but I buy what I need and what I know works best for my applications. At the point where Futaba no longer meets and or exceeds my expectations I my consider another brand. Unfortunately that brand will not be Jeti, you see that I actually call it be its proper name. I don't need to throw added negativity on your product as you do a fine job of that all on your own. The main reason I would not pick Jeti is entirely based on the feel of it. I do not care for the ergonomics of it at all. Maybe you should consider pushing for a design change so that it is more mainstream to the other manufactures. You have a ton of great features but it is built into a Euro style box.
eheliflyer is offline Find More Posts by eheliflyer
Old 07-26-2019, 06:31 AM
Find More Posts by haribo
Joined Dec 2016
578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhal22 View Post
Some of that wasted time could be spent on adding a touch screen to his radio.
if they have not done this in ages I don't expect it to be done anytime soon.
DFA is just over 1 year old and they understand that the JR Tx line is getting outdated, thus they are already working on a super Tx with Large touch screen and Android interface.
haribo is offline Find More Posts by haribo
Old 07-26-2019, 11:50 AM
Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Melbourne, FL, USA
Joined May 2007
557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eheliflyer View Post
Interesting stuff ZB. Some of the features are very nice but I buy what I need and what I know works best for my applications. At the point where Futaba no longer meets and or exceeds my expectations I my consider another brand. Unfortunately that brand will not be Jeti, you see that I actually call it be its proper name. I don't need to throw added negativity on your product as you do a fine job of that all on your own. The main reason I would not pick Jeti is entirely based on the feel of it. I do not care for the ergonomics of it at all. Maybe you should consider pushing for a design change so that it is more mainstream to the other manufactures. You have a ton of great features but it is built into a Euro style box.
I am not throwing negativity, I am simply explaining that if Futaba does not change its way it's simply history. And no matter how much you pray and beg it's heading that way. I am simply stating my observation as somebody who makes living from selling radio systems.

PowerBox, Graupner, Jeti, Spektrum are eating Futaba alive. And ALL of YOU by not actively demanding changes and patting yourself on the back and constantly explain like "We Do Not Need Anything" are actually helping Futaba get there even faster.

We all know there is no single product that satisfy all our needs.
That the reason Vapor drives yugo and I drive tesla

And in meantime we keep killing the weaklings. All controlled by Jeti.

FLIGHT#10 TRISTAR L-1011 LOCKHEED SCALE RC TURBINE MODEL AIRLINER BY DOM.E IN SWITZERLAND (10 min 50 sec)
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Old 07-26-2019, 02:30 PM
Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
wrongwayfeldman
United States, AL, Florence
Joined Mar 2010
2,430 Posts
Bells and whistles are nice but I don't care what it's got, if it doesn't have a reliable signal it's a boat anchor to me !
ponyboy082662 is offline Find More Posts by ponyboy082662
Old 07-26-2019, 09:45 PM
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,493 Posts
Sorry you see it that way ZB. You should venture out to some of the Pattern and IMAC events and observe what people are using. It is most generally Futaba and Spektrum, JR/DFA, with a very occasional Jeti radio sprinkled in. Maybe these guys are just complete idiots, or maybe they are using the best product to suit their needs. Not saying you don't have a great product, just saying it is the extreme minority in the circles that I am around. Maybe you need to start paying world class pilots to fly your equipment...
Old 07-29-2019, 02:01 AM
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,493 Posts
ZB,

Please see the below copied question from a jeti user, it seems he is having issues with your easy to program radio...

Need Help!
Simple programming question on DS-16:

“How do I assign 3 servo's for rudder, but have my 4 position digital trim assigned to all 3? I see there is a 2 servo option for the tail assignment under basic properties, but when I add a custom function for the 3rd servo, it won't allow me to apply the 4 position digital trim. What am I missing?!”
Old 07-29-2019, 06:08 AM
Find More Posts by dhal22
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Apr 2009
2,022 Posts
That is pretty easy on a Futaba. Just assign 3 channels.
dhal22 is online now Find More Posts by dhal22
Old 07-29-2019, 06:44 AM
Find More Posts by F1 Rocket
Melbourne, FL
Joined Sep 2007
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhal22 View Post
That is pretty easy on a Futaba. Just assign 3 channels.
And pretty much the same with Jeti
https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...67#post2872639

Danny
F1 Rocket is offline Find More Posts by F1 Rocket
Old 07-29-2019, 08:25 AM View Post
haribo
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). Show it to me anyway.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:03 AM View Post
Vapor Trails
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). Show it to me anyway.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:47 AM
Find More Posts by Carruthers43
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Aug 2010
1,514 Posts
i have a serious question for Espirit here... when you use the 900 band in the US are you telling people they need a HAM license for them or are you letting and selling them as a product that is not legal to use? i am honestly curious here and not trying to bash... we use 900 on autopilots but they are in controlled environments...

also i could jam your 900 very very quickly.
Carruthers43 is offline Find More Posts by Carruthers43
Old 07-29-2019, 12:30 PM
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,493 Posts
+1
Old 07-29-2019, 02:12 PM