logo
Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2019, 11:11 AM
buckeyeflyer is offline
Find More Posts by buckeyeflyer
Go Bucks!!!
buckeyeflyer's Avatar
United States, OH, Somerset
Joined Nov 2012
2,851 Posts
Just listen to the audio joe posted there is a ton of great information for all the cb 200 users.
buckeyeflyer is offline Find More Posts by buckeyeflyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-11-2019, 11:17 AM
camss69 is offline
Find More Posts by camss69
DDD
camss69's Avatar
Joined Dec 2006
1,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyeflyer View Post
Just listen to the audio joe posted there is a ton of great information for all the cb 200 users.
If you are talking about the recorded phone calls I disagree.. Thereís a lot of Joe talking and not giving them the opportunity to answer. Now maybe they answered in previous conversations and Joe was just trying to get them to say it again, but thatís not whatís in the posted phone conversations.

If your information about the poly fuses tripping at a lower load after every trip is correct, THAT is pretty concerning. That kinda makes the CB a use once and throw away kinda deal and that should definitely be out there. Especially if a guy is buying used since thereís no way to know.
camss69 is offline Find More Posts by camss69
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 11:18 AM
hpdrifter is online now
Find More Posts by hpdrifter
Registered User
United States, UT, Park City
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrcjoe13 View Post
If Jeti would just warn people of the limitation of their system there would not be a fight but they continue to promote it in a way that they clearly know it does not work properly, that is why am so frustrated with ZB JAMES and Danny.

Every single product from Jeti comes with User Manual. On page 33, there are specifications (limitations). What else do you need?
hpdrifter is online now Find More Posts by hpdrifter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 11:30 AM
buckeyeflyer is offline
Find More Posts by buckeyeflyer
Go Bucks!!!
buckeyeflyer's Avatar
United States, OH, Somerset
Joined Nov 2012
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
Every single product from Jeti comes with User Manual. On page 33, there are specifications (limitations). What else do you need?
Just checking is there anything in that manual about the cb 200 not being able to meet requirements if used above a certain temp. In my mind very normal temps in the summer.


The answer is no..
buckeyeflyer is offline Find More Posts by buckeyeflyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 11:36 AM
buckeyeflyer is offline
Find More Posts by buckeyeflyer
Go Bucks!!!
buckeyeflyer's Avatar
United States, OH, Somerset
Joined Nov 2012
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camss69 View Post
If you are talking about the recorded phone calls I disagree.. Thereís a lot of Joe talking and not giving them the opportunity to answer. Now maybe they answered in previous conversations and Joe was just trying to get them to say it again, but thatís not whatís in the posted phone conversations.

If your information about the poly fuses tripping at a lower load after every trip is correct, THAT is pretty concerning. That kinda makes the CB a use once and throw away kinda deal and that should definitely be out there. Especially if a guy is buying used since thereís no way to know.
Now this information that I received not from Jeti is that once a poly fuse breaks the chemistry is compromised and if they are not used for several
days they should return to normal.. Hereís the issue... I donít think all the poly fuses act the same.. Some people have zero issues and some do.
I have also had people tell me that theirs worked great for a year than started to have issues so I donít think you can find a common denominator on how they act.
buckeyeflyer is offline Find More Posts by buckeyeflyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 11:40 AM
hpdrifter is online now
Find More Posts by hpdrifter
Registered User
United States, UT, Park City
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyeflyer View Post
This is all the information we needed..
1. Heat problems
2. RF problems

Major issues ...

Yet for two years they have been telling everyone they have no issues with the product and itís
Something else causing the issues. Blaming everyone..

Just for the record James in the summer time basically all of the United States can see temp above 90 degrees. Not just Arizona and Florida..

Hopefully everyone listens to Joes post..
Thanks again Joe for all your hard work.

WRONG!


There is no HEAT issue and there is no RF problems with CB200 if used withing the specifications.


I have conducted my own test and the CB200 passed! According to specs, the maximum operational temperature is 75C. As you can see, at that temp there was no fuse tripping. Also you can see the CB200 doesn't produce any harmful RF interference. The key word is "harmful". Signal quality was 100%. Connected servo was completely stalled. In flight, you will never see that kind of current.
hpdrifter is online now Find More Posts by hpdrifter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 11:47 AM
buckeyeflyer is offline
Find More Posts by buckeyeflyer
Go Bucks!!!
buckeyeflyer's Avatar
United States, OH, Somerset
Joined Nov 2012
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
WRONG!


There is no HEAT issue and there is no RF problems with CB200 if used withing the specifications.


I have conducted my own test and the CB200 passed! According to specs, the maximum operational temperature is 75C. As you can see, at that temp there was no fuse tripping. Also you can see the CB200 doesn't produce any harmful RF interference. The key word is "harmful". Signal quality was 100%. Connected servo was completely stalled. In flight, you will never see that kind of current.
Glad to see yours works unfortunately mine did not..
Remember James gave the information to Joe.. He is the expert
buckeyeflyer is offline Find More Posts by buckeyeflyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 12:07 PM
Ballistic1 is offline
Find More Posts by Ballistic1
Registered User
Ballistic1's Avatar
USA, MI, Dimondale
Joined Jan 2006
124 Posts
75 deg. C is 167 deg. F I just checked the temp. of the CB 200 in my Carden pro
After flying yesterday in 85 deg. ambient temp.
The hottest temp recorded was 146 deg F and this was after sitting in the sun
While flying temp. Went down to 94 deg.
I’m running 9 MKS servos @ 8.2 volts
Looks like I’m getting close to the maximum limit of operating temp .
But I have not had any issues
I think my installation helps -plenty of air around the unit

Frank
Ballistic1 is offline Find More Posts by Ballistic1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 01:21 PM
KMatch is offline
Find More Posts by KMatch
Registered User
KMatch's Avatar
United States, TX, Bay City
Joined Nov 2016
593 Posts
So since some work as designed, there are no variances in design... gotcha. "Mine works so they all do". I worked in the automotive field for over 30 years. I promise you, not every device leaves the factory built to spec or I would have starved. Add cheap foriegn products to the mix and that ratio gets even broader. The design, although questionable, might seem good, but if quality control slips all bets are off as to failure rates.
KMatch is offline Find More Posts by KMatch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 01:21 PM
1wolf is offline
Find More Posts by 1wolf
Registered User
United States, LA, Lafayette
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
Ok so what I am hearing is all the issues that are had with Jeti are because of the CB200?
CB400 is good?
1wolf is offline Find More Posts by 1wolf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 03:43 PM
hpdrifter is online now
Find More Posts by hpdrifter
Registered User
United States, UT, Park City
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMatch View Post


"Mine works so they all do".

And vice versa. "Yours don't work so they all don't".
hpdrifter is online now Find More Posts by hpdrifter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 04:06 PM
KMatch is offline
Find More Posts by KMatch
Registered User
KMatch's Avatar
United States, TX, Bay City
Joined Nov 2016
593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
And vice versa. "Yours don't work so they all don't".
Not at all. But how many failures does it take to get a reaction? 1? Stuff happens. 20%? Something needs to be fixed. We'll never know the actual number but it's more than 1, and less than 100%. And this is just people here complaining making the number "more than 1". How many of those units flooding the sales section on the rc sites and ebay are really people "just bored and not using them anymore" versus people who suffered a crash but won't fess up and lose a sale? Feel lucky? Plenty of good deals out there!
KMatch is offline Find More Posts by KMatch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 04:49 PM
buckeyeflyer is offline
Find More Posts by buckeyeflyer
Go Bucks!!!
buckeyeflyer's Avatar
United States, OH, Somerset
Joined Nov 2012
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
And vice versa. "Yours don't work so they all don't".
Ed where do you get your Jeti Equipment?
buckeyeflyer is offline Find More Posts by buckeyeflyer
Last edited by buckeyeflyer; 08-11-2019 at 05:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 04:55 PM
jamesrxx951 is offline
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Registered User
jamesrxx951's Avatar
toledo ohio
Joined Jan 2009
10,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMatch View Post
So since some work as designed, there are no variances in design... gotcha. "Mine works so they all do". I worked in the automotive field for over 30 years. I promise you, not every device leaves the factory built to spec or I would have starved. Add cheap foriegn products to the mix and that ratio gets even broader. The design, although questionable, might seem good, but if quality control slips all bets are off as to failure rates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMatch View Post
Not at all. But how many failures does it take to get a reaction? 1? Stuff happens. 20%? Something needs to be fixed. We'll never know the actual number but it's more than 1, and less than 100%. And this is just people here complaining making the number "more than 1". How many of those units flooding the sales section on the rc sites and ebay are really people "just bored and not using them anymore" versus people who suffered a crash but won't fess up and lose a sale? Feel lucky? Plenty of good deals out there!
I don't know what experience you have in automotive (dealer or independent) but to piggy back on your automotive experience, when it comes to recalls, I've seen engineering studies start at 3-4 reported issues out of tens of hundreds of thousands of vehicles sold and a recall issued. In the end, reported issues even with radios should be taken seriously and investigated. Especially with some of the data presented. Look how fast Futaba discontinued their version of a power safe receiver. Not sure what they did for their current customers that had them but they did not stay in the market very long.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 05:02 PM
hpdrifter is online now
Find More Posts by hpdrifter
Registered User
United States, UT, Park City
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMatch View Post
Not at all. But how many failures does it take to get a reaction? 1? Stuff happens. 20%? Something needs to be fixed. We'll never know the actual number but it's more than 1, and less than 100%. And this is just people here complaining making the number "more than 1". How many of those units flooding the sales section on the rc sites and ebay are really people "just bored and not using them anymore" versus people who suffered a crash but won't fess up and lose a sale? Feel lucky? Plenty of good deals out there!

I have yet to see just one proof from those claiming problems that CB200 was actually the cause when used withing the specifications.


The CB200 is medium duty servo interface and should be used in medium size airplanes only (IMHO).



There is a reason Jeti makes 3 different sizes of C boxes. It's up to the user to choose the right one for the application.


What do you think would happen if I'd hook up 20A ESC with the el. motor pulling 60A? Yes, you're right, the ESC would burned up. But I wouldn't blame device or the manufacture for my own mistake.
hpdrifter is online now Find More Posts by hpdrifter
Last edited by hpdrifter; 08-11-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


Quick Reply
Message:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (4 members and 6 guests)
GEHLEN721DP, Ali Machinchy, AndresAM, MarksHangar
Thread Tools