logo
Old 08-12-2019, 08:57 PM
Find More Posts by dhal22
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Apr 2009
2,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
How is Servo Balancer and Wireless Trainer going, done yet?
Right back at you. Touch screen done yet? Fuel tank telemetry done yet?
dhal22 is offline Find More Posts by dhal22
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-12-2019, 09:03 PM
Find More Posts by buckeyeflyer
Go Bucks!!!
United States, OH, Somerset
Joined Nov 2012
2,851 Posts
I will be posting video here shortly...
My 40% pilot extra did reset after a while you could always tell when it tripped because the surface would be completely out of trim this happened three times and I grounded the plane. The slick did not reset and I lost both elevators. It blasted into the ground. At the beginning of the video I will post shortly you will see that elevators are out of trim as well.
Third plane was a pilot edge.. This plane would constantly get flashes on surfaces during flight. It was so bad at Nall that we grounded that plane as well.. The fourth plane was a 104 mxs that lost throttle Servo control twice.. Cb200 switched output from analog to digital during operations for no reason. The CB 200 was the source of all problems .
All 4 planes where switches to Futaba 6014HS and a smartfly power expander. Nothing else was changed and all 4 planes problems went away.. We have been flying these planes for over 2 years now with zero issues..
buckeyeflyer is offline Find More Posts by buckeyeflyer
Last edited by buckeyeflyer; 08-12-2019 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:31 PM
Find More Posts by hpdrifter
United States, UT, Park City
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyeflyer View Post

Can I get an Amen..... Now Ed this guy knows what he is talking about...

Those people know what they're talking about...

"Device Reset Time:Figure 5 illustrates how, after a trip event, the resistance recovery to a stable value can be very rapid, with most of the recovery occurring within the first several seconds. As with other electrical properties, the resistance recovery time will depend on both the design of the device and the thermal environment. Since resistance recovery is related to the cooling of the device, the greater the heat transfer, the more rapid the recovery."
hpdrifter is offline Find More Posts by hpdrifter
Last edited by hpdrifter; 08-12-2019 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by hpdrifter
United States, UT, Park City
Joined Mar 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyeflyer View Post
I will be posting video here shortly...
My 40% pilot extra did reset after a while you could always tell when it tripped because the surface would be completely out of trim this happened three times and I grounded the plane. The slick did not reset and I lost both elevators. It blasted into the ground. At the beginning of the video I will post shortly you will see that elevators are out of trim as well.
Third plane was a pilot edge.. This plane would constantly get flashes on surfaces during flight. It was so bad at Nall that we grounded that plane as well.. The fourth plane was a 104 mxs that lost throttle Servo control twice.. Cb200 switched output from analog to digital during operations for no reason. The CB 200 was the source of all problems .
All 4 planes where switches to Futaba 6014HS and a smartfly power expander. Nothing else was changed and all 4 planes problems went away.. We have been flying these planes for over 2 years now with zero issues..

Did you have Cortex Demon Pro in all 4 planes or just in 104 MXS?
hpdrifter is offline Find More Posts by hpdrifter
Old 08-12-2019, 10:36 PM
Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
United States, UT, Plain City
Joined Dec 2006
576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camss69 View Post
ZB does bring up a good point, there is a temp sensor inside the CB that is alarmable... I realize this won’t help with a high current situation causing the poly fuse to trip but it should give you some warning or reason for caution if you are starting with a high ambient temp. You could also use it to know if you need to direct airflow over the CB and if your deflected airflow over the CB is working.

On question for Joe and Buckeye flyer, when you say the poly fuse tripped at a lower load every time, were you tripping it back to back with no or little recovery time? Or were you allowing the CB / Poly fuse time to recover (fully get back to ambient temp) and then tripping it again. If it was back to back with no recovery time that’s a little less concerning. If it returns back to “normal” after returning to ambient that’s a much better situation.

Once I realized that the poly fuse was such a big factor in the RF, I started testing it in a climate controlled shop. I did it night after night. I would heat the receiver to 105 degrees with a heat gun and then I would throw a load at it and it would trip out the first time at about 8 amps every time. If I cycled the radio and turned it right back in it would only hit about 6 amps. If I let it full cool until the next day it would start out doing the same thing. It was repeatable, I did it about 6 nights in a row. What has your tests shown, of corse you have testing your equipment, right?
flyrcjoe13 is offline Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Old 08-12-2019, 10:38 PM
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
Joined Dec 2006
576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
Where did he ever say he was running a cortex demon pro? Now you’re just grabbing at straws to blame it on something else. Admit we know where the problem is.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:04 PM
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
Joined Dec 2006
576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
Why would I even get to that point? We have Telemetry and Telemetry Alarms for any of the 80 data streams I am recording. Seems VERY stupid to drive overheated car and keep driving it till engine explodes. You HAVE Voice, Vibration Alarms, Data Logging, RED Temperature Data Display and ding ding still nothing for some “experts”.

But we can always count on one “Joe” who can get there. You cannot fix STUPID

https://youtu.be/--Z8FDwBkxA
1. Thank you for finally admitting that you know there is a problem. You saying that I was stupid for not setting up telemetry to watch the temperature in the receiver shows you know how crucial it is in your system. You can watch my first video at 5 minute 26 seconds I tell people how to turn it on and watch it. I did set up my telemetry. I was watching and that is why my airplane didn’t end up in a pile.
2. What good is your telemetry when your loosing data packets. Your own expert that you sent my way to prove that I know nothing admitted that you guys know you’re loosing some of your data. So what good is the data when it’s not complete.
3. Yes you can always count on one Joe to tell his findings in his extensive testing for all to make up their own mind and to encourage all to do their own testing to prevent disaster. If companies won’t even try to listen and continue to give out bad advice on setup which will intern cause someone to loose their hard earned money or cause an injury then it should be brought to attention.
Jeti CB200 problem (24 min 34 sec)

Jeti products more evidence of issues (7 min 50 sec)
Old 08-12-2019, 11:09 PM
Find More Posts by camss69
DDD
Joined Dec 2006
1,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrcjoe13 View Post
Once I realized that the poly fuse was such a big factor in the RF, I started testing it in a climate controlled shop. I did it night after night. I would heat the receiver to 105 degrees with a heat gun and then I would throw a load at it and it would trip out the first time at about 8 amps every time. If I cycled the radio and turned it right back in it would only hit about 6 amps. If I let it full cool until the next day it would start out doing the same thing. It was repeatable, I did it about 6 nights in a row. What has your tests shown, of corse you have testing your equipment, right?
“Start out doing the same thing”? Like it tripped at 8 amps the first time every time? How long would you put 8 amps on it before it tripped? The fact that it tripped at a lower amperage right after reset doesn’t concern me as long as when allowed to fully return to ambient it returns to normal. What current are the outputs on the CB rated at anyway? Anything over 3 amps for an extended period of time starts melting the servo connectors anyway?

Could you do it with any CB or just the one you had? Or did you not try others?

My testing shows my plane with the CB200 and MKS servos flys fine.. that’s what my test equipment shows, for a couple years now. I’m interested in what you have to say but I want to know the details of your testing so I’m asking questions.
camss69 is offline Find More Posts by camss69
Old 08-12-2019, 11:53 PM
Find More Posts by camss69
DDD
Joined Dec 2006
1,677 Posts
Ok so I just watched part of one of the videos and I’m confused. I don’t think your MFJ-852 AC Line Noise Meter is telling you what you think it is.....or maybe it is I don’t know. Is it picking up RF yes, but in the 135Mhz range if I’m reading the pdf on the manufacturers website correctly.

You said it’s within specs at one point? Who’s specs? Where are there specs for noise at 135Mhz for a 2.4 gig system? Your first question should be the length of the antennas on that thing, they are REALLY long because it’s operating on a much lower frequency than 2.4 gig. Your 2.4 gig receiver can’t even see that noise at 135Mhz, not to mention the fact that it’s looking at an AM signal and your receiver uses a digital signal. You really need to have a spectrum analyzer to be looking for RF interference at 2.4gig to really show it’s going to cause interference with your 2.4 gig system. I’m no RF expert and someone correct me if I’m wrong here...
camss69 is offline Find More Posts by camss69
Old 08-13-2019, 12:05 AM
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
Joined Dec 2006
576 Posts
For you guys that are running Jeti or considering buying a Jeti system please make sure to watch all of the videos. You will see that it is important to watch your temperature, amp draw and spikes. You also need to watch for warning signs of impending failure. These signs are trims repeatedly coming out by one to two clicks, Servos starting to flutter uncontrollably and the Servos become unbalanced.
In all of the testing I did with Mks, Savox, Hitec, futaba, and JR Servos as well as Ibec, spark switch and Rcxl igniting kills. I also tested power box wire, Airwild twisted wire, a generic flat 22 gage wire and a generic twisted wire from the local hobby shop. I used multiple different pin ends during all of the testing. I also tired multiple brands and types of batteries.
I encourage you to do your own testing and see what you find with the setup you are running. Poly fuses are very unpredictable.

Jeti CB200 problem (24 min 34 sec)

Jeti CB200 (13 min 42 sec)

Jeti products more evidence of issues (7 min 50 sec)

Esprit models second conversation with JAMES (8 min 53 sec)

Esprit models ZB customer service experience (10 min 4 sec)
Old 08-13-2019, 06:32 AM
Go Bucks!!!
Joined Nov 2012
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
Just in the mxs Ed..

The CB 200 when not powered down by the magnetic switch or R3 has the ability to change its settings on its own. James states that the demon cortex was shutting down power to receiver during flight and changing the throttle Servo to digital.. So is it the demon or is it the cb200?
The bottom line is if the cb200 loses power and regains it during flight you could lose control of your Servos.. This is another major design flaw in the product ...

Ask James he will confirm all the info . I have nothing to hide and will never try to manipulate what happened to my brother and I..
Last edited by buckeyeflyer; 08-13-2019 at 06:46 AM.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:49 AM
Go Bucks!!!
Joined Nov 2012
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrcjoe13 View Post
Where did he ever say he was running a cortex demon pro? Now you’re just grabbing at straws to blame it on something else. Admit we know where the problem is.
It did have one in it Joe. I think I posted that awhile back or Jeti is feeding Ed info to post.
Last edited by buckeyeflyer; 08-13-2019 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:51 AM
Go Bucks!!!
Joined Nov 2012
2,851 Posts
Jeti CB200 crash (2 min 8 sec)

Both sides still had power and would move but had no strength after they trip.
Also please look at the trims in the beginning the right elevator is out of trim.
This is one of the signs your fuse has tripped.
Last edited by buckeyeflyer; 08-13-2019 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:06 AM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,223 Posts
@buckeye flyer, it's pretty hard to dispute what happened in your video.

Polyfuse trips, system goes out of sync. Sorry for the loss of your plane, hope others learn from your experience.
JoeT is online now Find More Posts by JoeT
Old 08-13-2019, 08:09 AM
Go Bucks!!!
Joined Nov 2012
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
@buckeye flyer, it's pretty hard to dispute what happened in your video.

Polyfuse trips, system goes out of sync. Sorry for the loss of your plane, hope others learn from your experience.
Thanks joe it did suck. I just want everyone to be safe and know what’s going on.. This should have been resolved two years ago when the video was made but For some reason Jeti wouldn’t do anything about it. Always blaming everything else.. I had zero control and thank god the plane was heading away from the crowd..

Hope everyone who understands that I don’t dislike the Jeti products.
The transmitter and telemetry was cool but when a company will not
stand up and do the right thing it’s time to move on.
I have many friends that fly with the Jeti system on electric and the have zero issues. I flew with my electrics and had zero issues..

Never once wanted this to get to this level. Joe and I decided if we didn’t fight to get this info out we where as responsible as Jeti if someone would get hurt or die from a crash.. Most big events are held on hot summer days and these big beautiful birds are on static display in the hot summer sun.. Easily having cabin temps above the failure zone.. Turbines can easily reach those temps. All the Kids, Families and fellow pilots are in harms way.. Some people have told Joe and I to let it go but this reality is
the reason for the fight ..

Quick Reply