logo
This thread is privately moderated by 03fomoco, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Find More Posts by 3D Meatshield
Need...more...POWER!!!
Medina OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,134 Posts
Re: American Airlines, Ford Trucks, 135 a barrel, getting nervous here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
i was a big supporter of ron paul. i really like the defense of the bill of rights and the constitution and i do NOT believe that either of these are "outdated".

I want LESS GOVT!
I just KNEW there was a reason I thought you and I had a common thread

I still am a big supporter, and I'd be going to Minnesota for the Rally for the Republic if I could afford it, instead of the Huckfest. And I still believe he is the man this country NEEDS to lead it.
3D Meatshield is offline Find More Posts by 3D Meatshield
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Find More Posts by smokin
clinton, ia. usa
Joined Oct 2007
5,198 Posts

i just wish our 2 votes made that possible my friend! you kinda had to know that he wouldn't be elected because he does'nt represent any profit for the leadership! he is all solution and no paycheck! the current govt would be out the window and that would be unacceptable to the spec. interests and the "fatties" selling their votes!
smokin is offline Find More Posts by smokin
Old 08-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Need...more...POWER!!!
Medina OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,134 Posts

Believe me man, there's a lot more than 2 of us. I am/was a precinct captain for his campaign here, and I got through to a lot of people that were either long-time registered dems/repubs, or on-the-fence people who were dissatisfied with government as usual.

I also work for the board of elections at election time. RP didn't do so well in the primaries Only around 1% in my county. However, primary day was also ice storm day, so many people didn't get out to vote here. And it was still the largest primary turnout in many years (according to the retirees that have been working the polls for decades.)

Someday we will once again have in this country, a true, free election where one man=one vote. Getting rid of electronic voting is a damn good start. My freedom to choose as an American citizen should not be hampered by an electoral college because it is more convenient for the government to count hundreds of electoral votes than it is to count millions of individual votes. We elect legislators to make and change laws for us- not to decide for us on who we want to see in office. I will make that choice myself, thank you very much- and I'm quite sure there are millions of other Americans who feel the same way, too.

For some reason this clip keeps coming to mind. The wording is all too pertinent today.

Welcome to the Revolution (0 min 25 sec)
Old 08-29-2008, 07:52 PM
clinton, ia. usa
Joined Oct 2007
5,198 Posts

meatshield.... you and i are gonna be great friends. isn't it funny how people can think the same about life in general but then type something and sound contradictory!?!? i want to apologize for seeming to be against your points of view earlier. if my ears and mind would have been truly open, i could have easily seen you were my teammate!

hopefully you will be at the huckfest next week???? i'll be pulling in on wed afternoon and not leaving til the fat lady sings! i do hope to shake your hand!

matt mikesh
Old 08-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Need...more...POWER!!!
Medina OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,134 Posts

Matt, I never once felt you were being contradictory. I just figured you didn't quite understand where I was coming from at the time

Believe me, there were never any hard feelings for what you said. And yes, I will definitely be huckin' it up next week Hope to roll in Friday evening, can't afford to take the day off- but with my job one never knows what tomorrow may bring If I end up not working Friday I will hopefully be there by noon.

Look for a big man in a little Toyota pickup lol. I'll have the little one with me (saying I don't lawn dart it between now and then )
Old 08-29-2008, 08:04 PM
clinton, ia. usa
Joined Oct 2007
5,198 Posts

which model yak is that littl'n?

bring the bigun' too! we'll finish her there! i've got quite the work station in my toyhauler!
it sure will be nice to put faces to more callnames! i'll be in the big old white 15 pass van pulling the 25 foot trailer! i've got bunks, a shower, coffee pot, tv and all! the funny thing is, this rig has been all around the country this year and the tv hasn't even been turned on!
Last edited by smokin; 08-29-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: yak question
Old 08-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Find More Posts by KrisW
Eccentricus Magnus
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Jan 2006
3,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Meatshield View Post
Believe me man, there's a lot more than 2 of us. I am/was a precinct captain for his campaign here, and I got through to a lot of people that were either long-time registered dems/repubs, or on-the-fence people who were dissatisfied with government as usual.

I also work for the board of elections at election time. RP didn't do so well in the primaries Only around 1% in my county. However, primary day was also ice storm day, so many people didn't get out to vote here. And it was still the largest primary turnout in many years (according to the retirees that have been working the polls for decades.)

Someday we will once again have in this country, a true, free election where one man=one vote. Getting rid of electronic voting is a damn good start. My freedom to choose as an American citizen should not be hampered by an electoral college because it is more convenient for the government to count hundreds of electoral votes than it is to count millions of individual votes. We elect legislators to make and change laws for us- not to decide for us on who we want to see in office. I will make that choice myself, thank you very much- and I'm quite sure there are millions of other Americans who feel the same way, too.

For some reason this clip keeps coming to mind. The wording is all too pertinent today.

YouTube - Welcome to the Revolution
Meatshield. . to clarify our election process. . we are NOT a Democracy. .where one man = one vote. We are a Representative Republic.

The Great Democracies . .Greece and Rome. . excluded a majority of the population from votin in their "Democratic" elections . .You had to be a CITIZEN .. own PROPERTY .. and have an EDUCATION. . and in some places in Greece, you had to be a member of the ARMY. How many people in the US would get to vote if we instituted those proper restrictions on the Electorate? About 10 million. . max. All the others would be declared too stupid, not a citizen, not invested in their country with real property, or not to have taken an oath of military service to defend that nation.

I kind of like that idea, actually. . only the INFORMED. . .Property Owners. . Military. . and Citizens would get to vote. . the rest would get to live with OUR decisions. . .

Hmmm. . on 2nd thought, the United States needs to adopt the Athenian Democratic system for elections .. it would get us better candidates. . fewr bumbling people pulling the levers. . and if the masses did not like the people WE elected, they could talk to our Military. . .

Oh. .Wait. . the Soviet Union already did that. . and it didn't work very well. . . darn. Guess we are stuck with the electoral college system. . . you vote. . the candidate is then elected by the Electoral College which represents your vote for the Nation.

But, please. . get off the "One man. . one vote" silliness. .it's not done that way. And do try to remembe that we are a Nation of STATES. . . not MASSES. The Electoral College ensures that each STATE has it's proper say in the results of a NATIONAL election. Please note that only the President and VP are elected this way . .since they are the only NATIONAL candidates. . all others are settled by the "One man. . one vote" method that you so love.
KrisW is offline Find More Posts by KrisW
Last edited by KrisW; 08-29-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Need...more...POWER!!!
Medina OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,134 Posts

Ahh man, if I only had the loot to finish that 86"er. Believe me, I really wanted to get it done in time, but the billing gods didn't smile favorably on me this month. I have none of the electronics for it, nor do I have an exhaust for the DA. It'll fly this year for sure, just not for the huckfest

LOL @ the tv comment. Not like there's anything on it worth watching, unless you have a dvd player and a copy of the 07 shootout hehe.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Find More Posts by Boulder
It's official, thanks Verne...
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jan 2006
11,247 Posts

You know guys,

We've always been open for a good debate, but this thread has way too many attacks, whether they be personal or political, it doesn't matter...attacks are attacks.

It's had a long run, time for us to focus on the things we all come to this site to enjoy...toy airplanes.

Closin' it down...
Boulder is offline Find More Posts by Boulder

Quick Reply