logo
This thread is privately moderated by 03fomoco, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Find More Posts by Rabbit Ron
Hesperia Ca
Joined Jan 2006
180 Posts
Re: American Airlines, Ford Trucks, 135 a barrel, getting nervous here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisW View Post
In 2-3 years they will have perfected the Virtual Reality realm of RC competition, and we'll all be standing in our computer rooms, wearing VR goggles, flying our aircraft of choice in pre-programmed wind, light, and cloud conditions. Judges will see the same thing on their goggles, and give us instantaneous scores. No more gas, airplanes or real radios.

The only problem will be. . do we use the latest T10 server connection, or the brand new fangled R97C direct satellite linkup for our communications and Internet access? I've heard that the T-10 is more prone to dropouts, lock packets, and even internet disconnects, compared to the R97C setup. Perhaps the JR or Futaba guys can give us some insight into which system works better for the VR competitions. Of course, it's all a moot consideration if the R97's have REAL cloud cover. . . . .

Oil costs a grand total of about $3/barrel to get it out of the ground, and another 5-7/barrel to transport to the refinery here in the States. The ONLY reason that oil is so high is pure speculation on the commodities market. The Commodoties price does not reflect the actual price of a barrel of crude, merely what the market THINKS it should cost.

You can thank our Democratic controlled Congress, and 25 years of them curtailing oil exploration, regulations prohibitting off shore drilling, exploration of deposits within the North American continent, and no added refinery capacity or Nuclear powerplants in that 25 year period, for the extremely high price of Gas and energy today. Between the Communists, Greenies, Leftists, Liberals, and Democrats they have taken our country down this road of not enough energy and paying too much for it.

Kris thank you for telling it like it is I couldn't agree with you more when are people going to wake up, to day I drove by a ARCO and diesel is now $5.20 A GALLON
Rabbit Ron is offline Find More Posts by Rabbit Ron
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Find More Posts by Rabbit Ron
Hesperia Ca
Joined Jan 2006
180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Lewis View Post
You know I had a very dear old friend once tell me that friends should never discuss politics or religion. I'm beginning to think he was right!!!
So at what point will you want to talk about it went gas is over 5 bucks a gallon
one day you might want to talk about it but all you will be able to do is think about it if this country continues on its path
Rabbit Ron is offline Find More Posts by Rabbit Ron
Old 05-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Find More Posts by pitviper51
Burn Gas.. Bend wings.
Kentucky
Joined Apr 2006
9,354 Posts

man i was way off.. here it is hahaha...

Gas Prices Rise, Execs Face Congress (2 min 44 sec)

oilhogs..
mike
pitviper51 is offline Find More Posts by pitviper51
Old 05-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Find More Posts by WangoTango
Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2007
4,902 Posts

I hate it when KrisW holds back his true feelings..... (Poke, poke) If only he'd speak up on the issues we face....(Nudge, Nudge) Commies, Greenies, Lefties, Liberals, Democrats?? I think you just described my neighbors on both sides of me! LOL!
WT
WangoTango is offline Find More Posts by WangoTango
Old 05-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Find More Posts by Dan_nO
Frankfort, Ky.
Joined Jan 2006
3,006 Posts

Thank our Democratic controlled Congress ? No disrespect intended Kriss, anyone that wants to do a little research about the Bush family can plainly see that they have oil running in the veins, do a search on Prescott Bush and see what you find and see if that doesnt open your eyes a bit as to what he was involved with and done.

What about the cabinet that the president picked when he took office, most of them with oil backgrounds ! What can ya expect when you have two oil men running the White House.

So we have a president put into office by a 5 to 4 vote of the Supreme Court, in direct opposition to the popular vote.

What about the background of this president and his cabinet?

The Bush cabinet is a virtual who's who of oil, defense and pharmaceutical bigwigs.

The Bush family is itself closely tied financially to the bin Ladens.

Both families are involved in the Carlyle Group.

Bush Sr. sits on the board of Carlyle, a 12 billion Equity company with oil holdings and defense contracts.

Dick Cheney was the former CEO of Halliburton Oil.

Colin Powell is a major stockholder in several defense contractors.

National Security Advisor Condoleeza Rice sat on the board of Chevron.

Andrew Card, the Chief of Staff is from General Motors.

Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense, was CEO of Searle Pharmaceuticals.

Dick Armitage, the Deputy Secretary of Defense, has ties to the Russian mafia and is a board member of Carlyle.

Robert Jordan, the Saudi ambassador, was a member of Baker Botts, a legal firm specializing in oil and defense (the Baker in Baker Botts is James Baker).

Tony Principi, Secretary of Foreign Affairs, comes from Lockheed Martin.

Gordan England, Secretary of the Navy, is tied to General Dynamics.

James Roche, Secretary of the Air Force, is from Northrop Grumman.

Gen. Thomas White, retired, Secretary of the Army, is from Enron Energy.

Donald Evans, the Commerce Secretary, owns Colorado Oil Company.

National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice sat on the board of Exxon.

And Mr. Carlucci, the Chief of Carlyle, sits on the Middle East Policy Council.

All in all, none of them are any good, they are all corrupt and only out for themselves, us the American people dont mean nothing to them, all they want is our vote. How often do you see them other than election time ?

Id vote for Al for President ! Go in there and clean house and get rid of all of em.
Dan_nO is offline Find More Posts by Dan_nO
Last edited by Dan_nO; 05-23-2008 at 02:37 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Find More Posts by KrisW
Eccentricus Magnus
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Jan 2006
3,646 Posts

mmm. . Dan No. . you do not get anywhere in politics without having ties to large organizations or powerful interests and companies. EVERY person in the Senate, and House has political ties to BIG BUSINESS, whether they admit it or not. The Clintons were bought by the Chinese 15 years ago. . let's here what sort of wonderful people Hillary and BIllary are.

The truth be told. . profit is what drives the world, otherwise the product would just disappear. And Power, of both kinds, is dolled out by people who have influence and money. to that point, most of the counter-US organizations inside the country, were directly funded or influenced by the former Soviet Union during the Cold War. Most of the programs and polkicies we have in place today, that stemmed from the 60's and 70's, were directly attributable to that influence. I hate to sound like an alarmist, but our politics is so tainted by foreign intervention and money that America actually no longer controls itself, and much of our Government is in the Tank with foreign interests.

Face it. . people are stupid. .they are lazy. . and having to actually work for their freedom is too hard to do. The sheep will happily chew grass and be herded wherever the wolves chase them, right up until the time they are slaughtered. America is 80% sheep.

Glad I'm a Wolf. . .
KrisW is offline Find More Posts by KrisW
Old 05-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Find More Posts by Dan_nO
Frankfort, Ky.
Joined Jan 2006
3,006 Posts

Kriss, perfectly said sir !!! I totally agree with you, as to my comment about none of them being any good, that was meant for ALL, not only one party but ALL.

It is scary to research and see all of the politicians over time that have done what they have and the contacts and involvements with companies that are selling us out to other countries.

I didnt know that the Panama Canal had been sold and who owns it now.

You look at what all of our officials have made in the dirty dealings while in office and even afterwards, the millions and trillions they have made, they could start to pay off the deficit !

It is mind boggling to see how corrupt our government really is, not that i was blind to it or didnt think so before, but to research and see "whos who" and the things they have all done, they outa be hung !

All of the insider trading that went on before the Sept. 11th attacks, it was mind bogling to see how much was going on with American and United Airlines being bought and sold just 4 days prior....and the CIA knew it and it was investigated and there were some key people sitting dead in the middle of that, did anyone ever get convicted....no, it was all covered up the best they could but over time info has leaked out, and still nothing will ever be done.

It really would make one wonder just how safe America is and what they 'allow' to happen with the info and knowledge they have before hand. They let something happen, it influences other things and certain people and corporations stand to gain from it.

Im right on with you in your post, very well said !

You want to run for Vice President and be Al's side kick ?

I want to apply for the job to drive ya around lol.
Dan_nO is offline Find More Posts by Dan_nO
Old 05-23-2008, 08:41 AM
Find More Posts by vsnap
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Jun 2006
2,224 Posts

Ha Ha, this is great. Friends talk religon and politics they just know it is okay to disagree.....
Most refined oil products are shipped to us refined, we have very little refining capability for the amount of oil we use. Hense problem 1, We are controlled by those who do..
We are not the only ones feeling the price of oil, I am in contact with my Chinese companies everyday and we discuss how it is also affecting them. Problem 2 world economy at work we have to face the fact isolationism is over, the world is not flat and we need to start becoming one.
The Arab nations have figured out how to control the U.S. economy to build power. Look at what has taken effect in the last year. Recession, Dollar devalued to a point it is no longer world trade currency, no ability to pressure increase in production. Of course we are part of the demand problem...We also get most our oil from Canada. The parties are to busy fighting a war over a war that holds the second largest oil reserve in the world.
Kennedy is a good swimmer.
The sky is falling
Big oil made 1-2% profit
I made -28% profit (that would be a loss)
MY surcharges on shipping now equal or come close to delivery charges from the big trucks.
I am going to columbus with my big truck and trailer, because life goes on. We survive, adapt, and overcome.
vsnap is offline Find More Posts by vsnap
Last edited by vsnap; 05-23-2008 at 08:42 AM. Reason: I can't spell
Old 05-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Find More Posts by Got Smoke?
Meridian, MS
Joined Jan 2006
304 Posts

i am an autoworker for Nissan. right now we are making 2009 year model trucks and SUVs (Titan, Armada, QX 56). we started production of the 09s' in mid march of this year the thing is that we cant sell any of them until June 1st. and at the rate we are making them vs our sells rate for the last 2 months we all ready have built a years supply. we make more in one week than we sell in one month. the SUVs are also sold in the entire middle east, China, and Russia. although sales are booming there it isn't making up for the lack of sales in the US.
Nissan does have a no layoff policy but it really makes me wonder how long can this go on. Nissan and Dodge made an agreement earlier this year where Dodge will build the Titan, but it doesn't start until 2010. our plant will move to making LCVs light commercial vehicles alot like the Dodge sprinter.
right now i'm scared to spend any money on my hobby !
Got Smoke? is offline Find More Posts by Got Smoke?
Old 05-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Find More Posts by btomlinson
United States, MS, Hernando
Joined Jan 2006
1,530 Posts

There is a HUGE underlying conspiracy going on. The future traders sleep in the same bed as the "big oil execs". Remember when the excuse a few years back was.." we are having refining capacity issues".The Enron scandal cant even scratch the surface of this screwin were taking..

Has anyone ever gone to a gas station that was dry ? When have we had mandatory rationing of fuel ?

I personally cant wait till it hits 10.00 a gallon and the economy comes to a grinding halt... Were getting close. Thats what it will take to bring things back to sensible levels. I don't know how these people making under 20.00 per hour are commuting to work and keeping the lights on.. You west coast guys, I don't know how you do it !

The bottom line is : #1 There is NO shortage of Crude oil and gas/diesel. There is a shortage of Honesty in this country
btomlinson is offline Find More Posts by btomlinson
Old 05-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Joined Jan 2006
1,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisW View Post
Face it. . people are stupid. .they are lazy. . and having to actually work for their freedom is too hard to do. The sheep will happily chew grass and be herded wherever the wolves chase them, right up until the time they are slaughtered. America is 80% sheep.

Glad I'm a Wolf. . .

Well said Kris... Well said !!!!!!!! Wolf here too... arrrrr. This country needs to grow some big one's.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Find More Posts by wizard
It will fly!!!
Washington, Indiana
Joined Jan 2006
13,374 Posts

Guys this is getting worse every day. When I made my trip to the Nall gas prices in the Triple Tree area were 45 cents a gallon cheaper than in my area. It still cost me almost a weeks take home pay to make the drive from southern Indiana and back (1300 miles total) and I was just in my van with no trailer.

I'm lucky, it is just a 10 minute drive for me to go fly, depending on which station I'm working out of either a 6 mile drive or an 18 mile drive. I still have to spend around $40 a week just to get to work ( last year it was $15.) I don't see how those with a long commute are making it.

What's the solution? There isn't an easy one. One of the first things this country needs to do is to get the government out of big oil's pockets. That means doing a little research before each election and not voting for those with money in oil or receiving large contributions from oil companies. The other thing we need to do is have a large turn over of the politicians, that means voting against the incumbent. With the system in place now it would take about 6 years to replace every official in Washington.

We need to start sending the message to Washington that the elected need to represent the voters instead of line their pockets with PAC monies. It is sad to thing that for the past 10 years I haven't voted for any specific person, I have voted against those in office. Come on Join in Vote Them OUT!!

That noise you hear is me sliding the soap box back under the bench until next time. It's time to go fly!!
wizard is offline Find More Posts by wizard
Old 05-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Find More Posts by japan3d
Mr. Cessna
Japan, Ibaraki-ken, Sashima-gun
Joined Jan 2006
2,141 Posts

Just think of the employee discount we will get while building planes for the Chinese.
japan3d is offline Find More Posts by japan3d
Old 05-23-2008, 10:06 AM
Find More Posts by wizard
It will fly!!!
Washington, Indiana
Joined Jan 2006
13,374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by japan3d View Post
Just think of the employee discount we will get while building planes for the Chinese.
That's just not right, Funny, but not right. LOL
wizard is offline Find More Posts by wizard
Old 05-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Joined Jan 2006
1,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by japan3d View Post

LOL... At lest we can find a little humor

Quick Reply