logo
This thread is privately moderated by xtremeRCpilot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Find More Posts by Al Lewis
Port Orchard, WA
Joined Nov 2007
6,911 Posts
Re: Are we still in AMERICA!!!! or what.....

Now why did I know you would say something like that???
Al Lewis is offline Find More Posts by Al Lewis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Find More Posts by xtremeRCpilot
MR.INVERT3D';)
Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
1,023 Posts

xtremeRCpilot is offline Find More Posts by xtremeRCpilot
Old 12-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
11,651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Lewis View Post
Now why did I know you would say something like that???
The same way I can predict that you will use your perception of patriotism and the Christian God and religion as the justifications for your opinions.

I guess what the real point here is that living in a free country does not mean you are free to be an A-Hole or are free to ram your beliefs down the throats of others. That clearly annoys some people here.
Judge is online now Find More Posts by Judge
Old 12-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Port Orchard, WA
Joined Nov 2007
6,911 Posts

Oh don't get me wrong. I don't preach my beliefs to anyone. What makes me and most of America mad is that you guys want to limit what we can do and express while you feel free to say anything you like. Freedom means that we ALL get to say and do what we want, not just the flag burners, ethnic groups, and atheists.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Find More Posts by TheTank
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I'm sorry, but this statement demonstrates that in fact you have no idea at all what this country is all about. And that is the real tragedy. It seems it is always the patriots and flag wavers who are the first to try to deny others of the very rights and protections that this country stands for,

Thats where your misguided Judge. No one is saying they can't celebrate the holidays of their choice. They are open to celebrate what ever they want. But why the hell should I have to watch what I say when it comes to the holidays I celebrate??? Why do I have to worry so much if I were to offend someone for saying Merry Christmas. I wouldnt get offended if someone said Happy Hannukkah, Merry Kwanza, or Happy Diwali to me, so why should I worry if saying Merry Christmas offends them? Im not asking them to celebrate Christmas. I am definetly not pushing any religious backing behind the holiday. I am just saying Merry Christmas. I dont feel that I have in any way, shape, or form, oppressed anyone elses beliefs. The extent of this PC bull**** that exists in this country is getting rather sickening. Everything offends someone now a days. Or its more that people are worried it might offend someone somewhere, some time.

I will openly admit that I am just about as un-religious as they come. But I celebrate Christmas. I don't celebrate it in any religious way, I just celebrate the holiday to be with my family and friends, and enjoy one anothers company while exchanging some gifts and sitting back, relaxing, and re-connecting. Its my choice just as any other holiday is any one else's choice.
TheTank is offline Find More Posts by TheTank
Old 12-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,148 Posts

I know this might sound funny........

But is it not ramming ANOTHER's beliefs (or lack of beliefs in some cases) down my throat when I'm told I cannot celebrate by saying Merry Christmas or how this thread originated by signing the songs?

Its funny because I'm Catholic by upbringing but I currently am not religious at all. I don't not believe nor do I believe. I just live my life. I celebrate Christmas because I think its an important holiday about bringing family together and being nice to others. And of course the look on kids faces when even 1 present is under the tree is worth it.

If we really want to get PC then lets just get rid of Winter Break all together. Since its a Holiday off work for Christmas and has been for decades.........No more time off work. That is the only fair thing to do.

Then we will see how fast folks complain about this Holiday or better the lack of not having one.
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Old 12-17-2008, 10:13 PM
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Quote:
Oh well, the super Patriots have arrived to save the day from anyone who dares to dissent. This officially marks the end of any useful discussion.

not really Judge. You were the one making the claim that people were trying to "oppress others beliefs..." when nothing was said about others not being able to celebrate what they believe in. They can celebrate whatever they so choose. You made the statement. If kids want to put up a Christmas Tree in class, or play dradle, or want to light Kwanza candles, go right ahead. Educate them on all the other practices around the world. But don't make the choice to not discuss them based on the fact that you are afraid you might offend someone. Its at that point the the PC histeria becomes just as bad as a one-sided extremist that believes everyone should believe what he or she believes. I have read several versions of the Bible, the Tanaque, and the Koran. If anything, it enlightened me more to what others believe and why they believe. It has helped me to understand. I have several people from India that work for me. I ask them all the time about their holidays, their country, and their beliefs because I find it interesting to learn about other cultures. If I were kept from learning these things like I wanted, I would imagine I would be quite close minded.
Last edited by TheTank; 12-17-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts

Christmas Carols and Holiday Songs tend to exclude, marginalize and insult. Henceforth these songs will be re-written with new titles to avoid any real, imagined or perceived offense.
The word Christmas is exclusive to Christians and must be removed. Since it cannot be replaced with the word "holiday" (Holy Day) we will replace it with the innocuous phrase, "day off."
"We Wish You a Merry Christmas"
"We Wish You a Merry Non-Religious-Specific Day-Off in Winter."
Noel is another word for Christmas.
"The First Noel"
"The First Non-Religious-Specific Day-Off in Winter"
Don't you dare exclude the down and out victims of capitalism at this time of the year.
"I'll be Home for Christmas"
"I'll be Home or in a Homeless Shelter for the Non-Religious-Specific Day- Off in Winter"
And let's not let any covert references to race cloud your celebration (if you do chose to celebrate).
"I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas"
"I'm Dreaming of a Race Immaterial Non-Religious- Specific Day-Off in Winter"
The physically impaired must not be excluded.
"I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day"
"I Sensed the Bells on the Non-Religious-Specific Day-Off in Winter"
If physical disabilities are referred to in other songs, than they must also be performed in sign language, and made available in Braille.
"Do You Hear What I Hear"
"Do You Sense What I Sense"
Angels are spiritual beings, not everybody believes in the spirit life.
"Angels We Have Heard on High"
"Guiding Influences We Have Sensed on High"
Since the mute cannot sing, we shall substitute the term communicate.
"Hark! The Herald Angels Sing"
"Sense! The Herald Guiding Influences Communicate"
The word "holy" has religious connotations. We do not want to offend the secular.
"Silent Night, Holy Night"
"Silent Night, Devout Night"
And
"Oh Holy Night"
"Oh Devout Night"
The secular might also lack faith.
"Oh Come All Ye Faithful"
"Oh Come all Ye of Extreme Loyalty to Non-Material Evidence"
A person shall not feel excluded based on where they live…
"Go Tell it on the Mountain"
"Go Tell it on the Preferred Geographic Location"
…or their climate.
"Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow"
"Let it Perform a Favorite Weather Pattern, Let it Perform a Favorite Weather Pattern, Let it Perform a Favorite Weather Pattern"
Christians are sneaky. They often subtly hijack common terms in an attempt to own the language. The word "manger" has been hijacked to refer exclusively to the nativity of Jesus Christ and it must be replaced.
"Away in a Manger"
"Away in a Trough that Holds Livestock Feed"
The traditional birthplace of Jesus Christ is in Bethlehem, Israel. Since Bethlehem is inside of the Zionist occupied and disputed West Bank we have to apply a tentative name to this song.
"O Little Town of Bethlehem"
"O Quaint Town of Palestinian Joint Rule"
That was a good segue into the use of physical descriptions. The word "little" should never be used. It is demeaning. Especially when used to describe a person. References to a person's gender shall also be forbidden especially when they help to reinforce stereotypes.
"Little Drummer Boy"
"Vertically Challenged Drummer Child of Undetermined Gender"
Other gender specific songs need to be re-done.
"Frosty the Snowman"
"Frosty the Hermaphrodite Snow Creature"
And
"Oh Come Let us Adore Him"
"Oh Come Let us Adore Him or Her"
This also applies to stereotyped roles in parenthood and heterosexualism.
"I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause"
"I Saw My Gynocentric Guardian Kissing a Non-Gender Specific Person who is Known to Wear a Red Suit"
We cannot stereotype overweight people as happy, nor make references to a person's age. Even if they are saintly (another subtle religious term)
"Jolly Old Saint Nicholas"
"Happy, Plus-sized, Chronologically-Gifted, Highly Virtuous
Nicholas"
We kept the term Nicholas to preserve some tradition. We are not implying that Nicholas has to be a male name and males are the only ones who are capable of amassing enough fortune and possessing the generosity to be able to give presents to masses of people. Nor are we implying that females lack the physical strength and endurance to accomplish such a task. In order to balance this mistaken perception, we shall apply modern day affirmative action in order to level down the male ego and help balance the playing field.
"We Three Kings of Orient are"
"We Three Misogynist Autocrats of Eastern Asia are"
This especially applies to westerners…
"Good King Wenceslas"
"Evil White Male European Misogynist Autocrat Wenceslas"
…doubly, especially if they are Christian
"Good Christian Men Rejoice"
"Evil Narrow-Minded Homophobic Racist Misogynist Men Get Drunk and Abusive"
We don't take tradition lightly. We actually found one traditional song that we ill keep in its entirety. We feel this song accurately portrays the typical man.
"Mr. Grinch"
Sample lyrics: "Your soul is an appalling dump heap overflowing with the most disgraceful assortment of rubbish imaginable mangled up in tangled up knots!"
Songs of Thanksgiving or, the Autumn Day Off, will also need to be deconstructed.
"Over the River and Through the Woods"
"Over the River and Through the Woods"
Subtitled: "Only after an environmental impact study on the effects of a horse-drawn sleigh upon the woods is conducted. And assuming the gentle vegetarian beast of a horse is not being forced to pull an overloaded sleigh and is doing so on a volunteer basis."
We realize that this one may lose some of the warmth of its original meaning. This could be avoided if the grandmother (or grandparent) would just move back to the city and help stop urban sprawl.
And last but not least, we need to help swing the cultural pendulum away from the religious holiday and back toward the secular day off granted by the state. We can do this through songs that highlight the true Marxist origins of political correctness
"Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer"
"Rudolph the Red Knows that the State Seizure and Re-distribution of Private Wealth is Fairer than Private Charity and Ensures the Survival and Growing Power of the State"

Something Ain't Right
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Old 12-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Find More Posts by dubd
Turbine Hucker
Silicon Valley
Joined May 2007
1,607 Posts

The PC "bull****" exists because of generations of ****ing over minorities. Decades of calling people nigger, chink, etc has turned people incredibly sensitive to bigotry. Since most of you have not experienced racism against you, it is no surprise that you think of it all as BS.

With that out of the way... Merry Christmas!
dubd is offline Find More Posts by dubd
Old 12-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Port Orchard, WA
Joined Nov 2007
6,911 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea
I know this might sound funny........

But is it not ramming ANOTHER's beliefs (or lack of beliefs in some cases) down my throat when I'm told I cannot celebrate by saying Merry Christmas or how this thread originated by signing the songs?

Its funny because I'm Catholic by upbringing but I currently am not religious at all. I don't not believe nor do I believe. I just live my life. I celebrate Christmas because I think its an important holiday about bringing family together and being nice to others. And of course the look on kids faces when even 1 present is under the tree is worth it.

If we really want to get PC then lets just get rid of Winter Break all together. Since its a Holiday off work for Christmas and has been for decades.........No more time off work. That is the only fair thing to do.

Then we will see how fast folks complain about this Holiday or better the lack of not having one.
Okay but only if you agree to get rid of all of the ethnic holidays and history months as well. That includes Gay Pride Day Judge.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:16 PM
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Quote:
The same way I can predict that you will use your perception of patriotism and the Christian God and religion as the justifications for your opinions.

You do remember what they say about assumptions right?
Old 12-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Find More Posts by Dan_nO
Frankfort, Ky.
Joined Jan 2006
3,006 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeRCpilot View Post
Hey guys, I was invited to bring my Guitar into my 4 year olds preschool Friday for a " Winter Fest" to play some festive songs. Well, I know a few Traditional Christmas songs along with a ton of heavy metal stuff. I told the two teachers of the songs I prepared and was told that this was a winter fest not a Christmas fest because of the origin of different races it may offend I CANT PLAY ANYTHING THAT HAS THE WORD CHRISTMAS, SANTA JESUS, OR ANYTHING IN RELATION TO OUR WESTERN RELIGIOUS BELIEFS.
Now dont get me wrong though I beleive in God and am not praticing Religion I feel it would be hypocracy if I protested, but I am confused on what country I am living in. I am not prejudice or care what people beleive in( as long as there happy and not hurting anyone) but maybe 30% of his class is of ethnic culture including the one teacher, mind you this takes place in a Christian Church.

So, I am not heart broken but feel that this situation( regardless of my upbringing) has left me naked in the fetal position as I try to figure out what songs I can learn in two days without offending, Please help!! and lets not make this Racial....

John
Ive got one for ya......Old McDonald had a Farm LOL
Dan_nO is offline Find More Posts by Dan_nO
Old 12-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Port Orchard, WA
Joined Nov 2007
6,911 Posts

Won't work Dan. Old MacDonald was obviously a capitalist merely making profit off of the hard labor and deaths of the barnyard animals without regard to their ethnic background and depriving them of their rights of dissent. They obviously needed a better union.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:22 PM
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubd View Post
The PC "bull****" exists because of generations of ****ing over minorities. Decades of calling people nigger, chink, etc has turned people incredibly sensitive to bigotry. Since most of you have not experienced racism against you, it is no surprise that you think of it all as BS.

With that out of the way... Merry Christmas!

Do you think that this has gotten better over the past 150 years, or worse? And do you truly feel that the affect of it has anything to do with being PC, or perhaps the various human and equal rights movements that have occurred over the last 150 years that have made the world in general a much more equal society than that of decades past?

I have zero tolerance for racial biggots. That said, PC to me has nothing to do with racial bigotism. Do I think anyone should use those words you just typed, no. Do I feel that saying Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, or Happy Kwanza drums up the past 150 years of racial inequities that have existed in this country, also no.
Last edited by TheTank; 12-17-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,148 Posts

Hey my Grandfather was a farmer (may he Rest in Peace).........and I don't celebrate the Winter Solistice.

I agree though......If schools can't put up Xmas stuff than they shouldn't be allowed to do Black History month or Women's rights etc etc......Don't want to upset the white supremicists or whatever other groups don't like those things.

Come on......little kids can't dress in Pilgrim and Indian outfits for Thanksgiving?............The whole premise of thanksgiving was a FRIENDLY meeting over a banquot with the Indians and the Pilgrims. Sure the outfits may be kinda cartoonist but that makes it fun for the kids to learn. Instead lets restrict that Holiday also so our next generations don't know where the roots of this nation came from. Infact I suggest we don't teach about how we destroyed the American Indians in battles because that is sensitive to me......a white person. I don't want to associated with that type of behavior.

Its all just stupid.........we can go on and on and on with PC. Someone is always going to be offended no matter what you do. You cannot please everyone.
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea

Quick Reply