logo
This thread is privately moderated by TONY0707, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Find More Posts by 66stang
Fly it like you hate it!
Collinsville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
4,925 Posts
Re: MUCH TO MUCH CRASHING ON SPECTRUM TX'S

Also the setup issue is getting old to it's starting to sound like if you don't set it up this perfect way its going to fail which should not be the case because not everyone is a radio setup guru and the average joe needs to be able set it up and it should work fine.[/quote]

Why would this get old. Setup is very important. If you don't have decent voltage, these are the types of problems you will see. Now if the guy would have came on here and said what his system was, we could have at least had a hint. But by his lack of discription leads me to think he has lack of knowledge. Not calling the guy dumb, just saying he could either have it wrong, or have been shown wrong. I'm a computer tech and get calls like: my computer doesn't work, wow that's a lot of information you just gave me. Can I put you on hold while I soak it all in!
66stang is offline Find More Posts by 66stang
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2010, 01:48 AM
Find More Posts by snap a saurus
United States, MA, Dighton
Joined Jan 2006
8,337 Posts

So basically what everyone is saying that every time I blame my crash on interference and radio equipment failure, I am lying!!!!
Guys, I can speak from experience, every mishap and crash I had was due to interference and equipment failure, never my fault, a good example is when I put my 50% Edge and the Dalton in the Lake last year and the year before, now don't tell me that wasn't interference.
snap a saurus is offline Find More Posts by snap a saurus
Old 01-07-2010, 01:56 AM
Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Closet Jesus Freak
San Antonio, TX
Joined Jan 2006
3,557 Posts

The interference you experienced is between the cerebrum, and the anterior horn cells .
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Old 01-07-2010, 01:57 AM
Find More Posts by gmorales83
Carbon Fiber Everything
United States, TX, Katy
Joined Mar 2008
714 Posts

When I read the title of this thread with the word "too" mispelled, I knew it was gonna be "one of those threads".

2.4 is the next best thing to having a really small pilot inside of the plane.

GM
gmorales83 is offline Find More Posts by gmorales83
Old 01-07-2010, 02:06 AM
Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Closet Jesus Freak
San Antonio, TX
Joined Jan 2006
3,557 Posts

your absolutely wrong. 72 is way better then 2.4 .
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Old 01-07-2010, 02:37 AM
Find More Posts by Extra nuts
Extra Extras, I'm all about it
United States, UT, St George
Joined Apr 2007
2,537 Posts

When my nuts itch its definatly interference. When a nut gets pinched its definatly interference. When i fart its definatly interference. And when i crash, its definatly interference, between my brain and thumb because i always use the best equipment and it could never fail. And if you cant spell supercalafragialisticsexbealidoscheious backwards correctly the first try in less than 10 seconds then you are just not smart and probably cant set up an airplane properly.
Extra nuts is offline Find More Posts by Extra nuts
Old 01-07-2010, 04:32 AM
Find More Posts by classclown
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2006
2,200 Posts

All you nice guys are wrong. I'm with all the wise guys on this one. The op is....... AN IDIOT!!!!!
And that goes for you too Slats! When the hell are you morons gonna learn how to read a manual?!? These JR, Spektrum, Futaba not working threads are getting old. Read your manuals, and stop posting your sob stories blaming the product right off the bat without even knowing WTF your talking about. I've been flying JR/Spektrum 2.4 since they came out with it, and have not had one problem at all. Pathetic.
classclown is offline Find More Posts by classclown
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 01-07-2010, 05:24 AM
Find More Posts by kiosk
coño carajo
WBP, FL
Joined Jun 2008
183 Posts

dude plz STFU.....cause u are one of those morons that falls for the marketing hype of "its 2.4 with frequency hoping so no way it can fail!!"
maybe all the WISE guys fly out in the middle of the f'ing desert, where I fly there is a major interstate less than 500ft away where every vehicle has a cell phone 99% of the time and there are also TV and Cell towers all over the damn place.....and there are 2.4 hits pretty frequently....and it aint no f'ing battery and its confirmed by their own f'ing data logger, and every single time Horizon just tells you to move the remote receivers around....wtf? does this product need you move remote RXs around every week? maybe I should stick them on a servo with a 5'' arm and swing them around a bit???

oh here for the wise guys, maybe a little reading you can pick up from book store so you can learn a little more about radio transmission and how "guaranteed" it can be........
kiosk is offline Find More Posts by kiosk
Old 01-07-2010, 05:39 AM
Find More Posts by classclown
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2006
2,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiosk View Post
dude plz STFU.....cause u are one of those morons that falls for the marketing hype of "its 2.4 with frequency hoping so no way it can fail!!"
maybe all the WISE guys fly out in the middle of the f'ing desert, where I fly there is a major interstate less than 500ft away where every vehicle has a cell phone 99% of the time and there are also TV and Cell towers all over the damn place.....and there are 2.4 hits pretty frequently....and it aint no f'ing battery and its confirmed by their own f'ing data logger, and every single time Horizon just tells you to move the remote receivers around....wtf? does this product need you move remote RXs around every week? maybe I should stick them on a servo with a 5'' arm and swing them around a bit???

oh here for the wise guys, maybe a little reading you can pick up from book store so you can learn a little more about radio transmission and how "guaranteed" it can be........
If you are flying 500ft from the Interstate, Its a clear cut case. You are an idiot.
classclown is offline Find More Posts by classclown
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 01-07-2010, 06:25 AM
Find More Posts by 3d "kid"
Joined Dec 2008
8,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Bob View Post
Your an idiot
thats my .02
lol
3d "kid" is offline Find More Posts by 3d "kid"
Old 01-07-2010, 06:36 AM
Find More Posts by 3d "kid"
Joined Dec 2008
8,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONY0707 View Post
HI at my field in FLORIDA we are seeing much to much crashing going on on the SPECTRUM TX's at this point ,i really do not care why----it is just a daily event----when equipment is returned to SPECTRUM they will not admit there is a problem -but indicate that something was broken--YEA i know what was broken-- my ####'s and confidence in there equipment. i have been flying FUTABA radois on 72 mgh for 20 years with one glitch (and we found out why ) -and much of that was in NEW YORK (a high degree of possible interference there --but none )---the conquest series of non computer radio's (now cheep to buy ) and the 7uhp or 7 cap computer radios i have found to be bulit proof--if it ain't broke don't fix it applies here---futaba and jr 2.4 radios seem to have far less issues ----- thats my .02 cents on this subject it will be a while before i risk my babies to the 2.4 technology and using 72 mgh is getting less risky as more people go to the 2.4 -waiting for the bugs to be all worked out -- then it seems like the way of the future UNTIL THEN-----TONY
The one important question....were they old???Because they could have jus blamed it on the radio
3d "kid" is offline Find More Posts by 3d "kid"
Old 01-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Find More Posts by Stu_D
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2006
1,727 Posts

Wow that was fun , I just went through the whole thread and there's not much sympathy/empathy for the poor guy and his fellow club mates . I'll have a bash at it .

There are lot of things in this hobby that can make you look like a fool , BUT the biggest one is not saying something when you have a problem . Hows that so far ?

Well you do seem to have a big problem , too many planes are being crashed at your club . However, to draw any conclusion as to the cause is a bit premature . IMHO next time there is a crash do the NTSB investigation thing and find the cause . By what you are saying it should not be long until one hits the ground . As I said find the real cause and then tell the results , after that is done you can point the finger all you want .

Every field I have flown at has a "dead spot" or a "no fly zone" due to some interference and guess what , they have ALL proven to be false . Hope it still sounds objective .

The worst example of poor testing I have seen was a flyer who had crashed 6 planes and with every case he had blamed the radio . To top it off after each crash the surviving equipment was dusted off and moved into the next plane . He even repeated the set up style as well . How many possible causes can you see at this point ?

I think the point I am trying to make is that planes/equipment rarely cause crashes but pilots often do .

I hope this encourages you and your clubmates to find the cause and create a solution .

Stu
Stu_D is offline Find More Posts by Stu_D
Old 01-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Find More Posts by TheTank
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc View Post
which prompts, "I GOT HIT!!!"

... or the classic "I GOT NOTHING!!" .
LOL. BINGO!
TheTank is offline Find More Posts by TheTank
Old 01-07-2010, 07:18 AM
Find More Posts by SportFlyer
Back at it again...
Joined Feb 2008
1,008 Posts

Are there pilot stations made with new fence or wire??? Are you coming in over a new fence or metal building???

Get close enough and it will scatter the signal and...GET THIS EVERYONE...2.4 WILL GLITCH !!! Don't believe me??? Put a plane on the ground about 100yrds away and on the other side of a NEW barbed wire fence. Stand next to the fence and slowly tilt your radio up and down and watch your control surfaces on your plane...chances are you will be surprised at all the movement going on....I know it surprised the hell outta me, but luckily the plane was not running at the time...that was the only time it happened...

2.4ghz IS NOT BULLETPROOF!!!
SportFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SportFlyer
Old 01-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
RUTNBUC
United States, SC, McClellanville
Joined Sep 2008
2,747 Posts

Wow, nice trick, it is the radio, wow. I.had been flying 4 years and experienced a high speed stall. I though I knew it all. A veteran pilot pointed out my problem after I called out the " I don't Have It" I still didn't full understand until it happen to another pilot,, and the veteran pilot, remarked same thing high speed stall. Now I understand having seen it occur again. It does happen more frequently than you'd think.
wylieruneyjr is offline Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr

Quick Reply