logo
Old 10-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Find More Posts by rhampton
Flyin' Around
Joined Sep 2010
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanCanCase View Post
Yup. All of the laminar wings are a thinner airfoil with the center of pressure (fat part) moved back near the middle of the chord of the wing. These planes fly a bit differently - stable, slow, forgiving, but very capable when you know what you're doing.

Read up on Wild Fred's LamYak series, as that's what the WW20cc, WW30cc, WW50cc, and WW-holy-crap-thats-a-big-profile are based on. Great flyers, and easy as pie to convert to (or build for) electric. WWRC 50cc LamSuk - Flight #2 - YouTube

Sorry for the hijack... Nice work on the rehab!

- Case
Wow where can i get one of these...Now this is what i been wanting for years....why can't i find one....OMG...is he selling his? This is really making me Sick....am i gonna spend the rest of my Hobby life searching for a plane like this?
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Find More Posts by CanCanCase
Look, I can hover a foamy!
United States, OR, North Bend
Joined Dec 2006
365 Posts
Reggie-

Let's get out of the OP's Katana rehab... Go to the ProBro site and search for "WW50cc LamSuk" to see mine (the one in the vid above) and look for a build thread about "The Reaper"... Click did an 80cc+ size version of this plane in electric, and there's one other laminar-winged giant out there that I'm aware of.

The WW20cc LamBach that joebob has for sale is a slightly smaller version of my Beavers and Ducks plane from the video. If you don't want to build from a kit, I strongly recommend joebob's WW20cc. It flies just as big and floaty as the really big ones, at about 25% of the cost. The last good WW50cc I saw up for sale ended up selling for well over $2500.

Last bit of advice for now... if you're looking for a profile - especially one that flies like the vid above - stick to the ProBro forum... you'll get quite an education. You can always link to threads here or info about planes wherever you find it, but hijacking someone's thread to go way off their original topic is considered "bad form" around here, while it's tolerated and even encouraged over there! ;-)

-Case
CanCanCase is offline Find More Posts by CanCanCase
Old 10-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Find More Posts by rhampton
Flyin' Around
Joined Sep 2010
17 Posts
ok ok...no problems..i'll see you on the other Site......Sorry Katana guys.....i still like this plane tho...just love how fat this wing is..especially the Katana 120 V2....ok see u on other site.
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
Old 02-24-2016, 10:54 PM
Find More Posts by jbrown2288
Siler City NC USA
Joined Sep 2008
77 Posts
This is a flying pig would not recommend The plywood is made out of is real heavy.
jbrown2288 is offline Find More Posts by jbrown2288
Old 02-25-2016, 11:42 AM
Find More Posts by karolh
Mandeville, Jamaica, West Indies
Joined Aug 2007
611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown2288 View Post
This is a flying pig would not recommend The plywood is made out of is real heavy.
Could you clarify, which model are you referring to ??
karolh is offline Find More Posts by karolh

Quick Reply