Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
Acworth GA
Joined Jan 2006
2,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor Trails View Post
can't wait to see this paint job!
Thanks! It is going to be very visible for me! Primo has sanded her down and will be putting on the white primer/sealer next. He did a tape layout of the wing and front of the fuselage and we had a
lively discussion regarding changes and options. I must say that Primo practiced a lot of patience in dealing with my likes/dislikes and we ended up concurring on a final layout.
W
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2019, 07:43 AM
Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
Acworth GA
Joined Jan 2006
2,212 Posts
Meanwhile, at home...the turbine came in safely by FEDEX and the second to last piece of the puzzle is waiting to be installed.

I tackled the plate where all the displays, PowerBox Mercury, GPS Sensor II, the Electron GS200 and the KT ECU will be housed. I first did a layout on the 8" x 12" ply of where I wanted everything placed. I next penciled in the exact positions of everything and then drilled the holes using a Forstner bit (to get clean holes without shredding the underside of the ply). I also screwed down each unit so that I could punch the carbon fiber wrap (from below) with a needle so that the units would be re-located exactly where they were originally placed.

The wrap was not hard to install at all and will add a nice finish to match all the new carbon fiber formers which comes on this second generation Leonardo.
W
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
Old 03-21-2019, 07:59 AM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,112 Posts
I have done that for many planes, though I didn't use wrap. I simply used CF looking vinyl. Creates a great look without fears of the CF causing interference.
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Old 03-21-2019, 01:37 PM
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Team NoSleep
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2008
2,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmat7039 View Post
Thanks! It is going to be very visible for me! Primo has sanded her down and will be putting on the white primer/sealer next. He did a tape layout of the wing and front of the fuselage and we had a
lively discussion regarding changes and options. I must say that Primo practiced a lot of patience in dealing with my likes/dislikes and we ended up concurring on a final layout.
W
I dont know Primo, is he a local Atlanta painter?
Vapor Trails is offline Find More Posts by Vapor Trails

Quick Reply