logo
Old 11-22-2019, 10:26 AM
Find More Posts by bugmansweet
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Nov 2019
5 Posts
Help!
jr xg8 programming

hello stopped flying 32 years ago never stopped building. flew kraft in 70s and jr / circus circus in the 80s anyway im having a horrible time programming new xg8 does any one no of a tutorial for sale on these new radios. can get basic 4 channel setup but need diferencial for ailerons. having no luck. if had known how hard to program would have decreased dihedrial so I didn't need this function. ps this is in a 1/3 sig spacewalker thanx for reading
bugmansweet is offline Find More Posts by bugmansweet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-22-2019, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
8,490 Posts
Adjust the down travel with your ATV's on your aileron servos.
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Old 11-22-2019, 05:35 PM
Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
3W/ZDZ Flyer
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined Mar 2011
3,235 Posts
Here,,,

http://www.jramericas.com/files/prod...596_Manual.pdf
Bill Vargas is offline Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
Old 11-22-2019, 05:54 PM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
8,490 Posts
Hey Bill. Im sure he is going by the manual, but having a hard time figuring out the verbage. I dont get why something so easy, can be difficult to do.

How are ya, bud!!
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Old 11-22-2019, 07:44 PM
Find More Posts by AWorrest
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Nov 2008
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmansweet View Post
hello stopped flying 32 years ago never stopped building. flew kraft in 70s and jr / circus circus in the 80s anyway im having a horrible time programming new xg8 does any one no of a tutorial for sale on these new radios. can get basic 4 channel setup but need diferencial for ailerons. having no luck. if had known how hard to program would have decreased dihedrial so I didn't need this function. ps this is in a 1/3 sig spacewalker thanx for reading
Answered your general question about XG8 programming on RCGroups. When it comes to having programable aileron differential, you must first set up a model that has dual ailerons, i.e., five channels or else delete one of the other four channels.

If you are going to have throttle, elevator, rudder and aileron on a four-channel receiver, the only way to get aileron differential is to do it mechanically.

Allan
AWorrest is offline Find More Posts by AWorrest
Last edited by AWorrest; 11-23-2019 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Removed reference to using a 4-channel with Xbus as there are none
Old 11-22-2019, 10:12 PM
Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
3W/ZDZ Flyer
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined Mar 2011
3,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky F. Knuckle View Post
Hey Bill. Im sure he is going by the manual, but having a hard time figuring out the verbage. I dont get why something so easy, can be difficult to do.

How are ya, bud!!

Hi Bunky, doing well my friend

Still flying out here,,, tweeking on the compy as always and fab'n some engine tools for the Unlimited race plane so I can go faster

How bout you?

BV
Bill Vargas is offline Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
Old 11-23-2019, 02:08 AM
Joined Nov 2008
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky F. Knuckle View Post
It is not really hard. First, have a receiver with more than four channels if rudder, elevator, throttle and dual ailerons are to be used. Dual ailerons are necessary if there is to be programable differential.

Then start the transmitter programming by picking an empty memory slot. Answer the sequence of questions. When the transmitter asks what wing type is to be used, pick FLAPERON. After picking a tail type, press the L key to the left of the screen which will take you back to the System List.

If you donít want the flaperon attribute, go to the DEVICE SEL menu and on the second page, change channel 6 FLAP output from SYS to INH. Set the aileron differential in the DIFFERENTIAL menu which is in the Function List.

If you do want the flaperon attribute, leave the DEVICE SEL menu alone. Set the aileron differential in the DIFFERENTIAL menu. Set up the FLAP SYS menu which is also in the Function List.

Regardless if the flaperon attribute is used or not, one has to purchase a six-channel receiver for the above to work as the FLAPERON model requires the left aileron be on channel 6. Presently there are no DMSS 5-channel receivers. If there were, it would take one more step to program the transmitter for it.

Allan
Last edited by AWorrest; 11-23-2019 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Change the third paragraph
Old 11-23-2019, 10:28 AM
Joined Nov 2019
5 Posts
xg8 help

I have a rg831b receiver
Old 11-23-2019, 02:42 PM
Joined Nov 2008
463 Posts
With that receiver you’ll have no problem with having enough channels.

Inhibiting the output of channel six for the FLAPERON wing type is a short cut method of having dual ailerons without the flaperon attribute that works for many JR transmitter models since the introduction of the 9303 and is implemented by a number of users. Not having an XG8, I expect it to work but can’t guarantee it.

Another way of setting up dual ailerons is to select the NORMAL wing type in the question sequence when you start. Then the sequence will ask if you wish to mate another channel with the aileron channel. Pick a channel. Upon completing the sequence if you wish, you can check the DEVICE SEL and WING TYPE menus to see the aileron pairing.

Allan
Old 11-24-2019, 11:23 AM
Joined Nov 2019
5 Posts
just made a set up board as was suggested now am going to do what a couple of people.said thanx
Old 11-25-2019, 10:09 AM
Joined Nov 2019
5 Posts
well I got the ailerons programed on the set up. still bench still using my jr 10x before I get a bunch of hate mail for using old frequency I have my own flying field .going to fly new xg8 today the receiver antenna is different than im used to. thanks to all who helped me figure out programing

Quick Reply