logo
Old 02-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Find More Posts by kerwin50
cameron mo
Joined Oct 2010
1,471 Posts
Guys we can't paint the world with a wide brush.
I'm on my 4th woman and 3rd wife.
The 1st 3 I neglected. After #3 I went into depression and quit flying Then in 2002 I met #4. She was a widow woman, and a pretty one at that.
When we went to the hobby shop to get a plane, I had to control her from going over board.
She supports my hobby 100%.
Of course I pay alot of attention to her and am always watching shows with her I hate. We also do alot of thinngs I don't like but I do them cheerfully. This makes her feel guilty and then she want to do or buy the things I want.
Now we're on a limited income so I don't abuse the situation
Even after 10 years I still open the door for my wife any and everywhere we go.
I wish any and all of you the best of luck finding your best friend.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Find More Posts by Luchnia
Word up!
United States, VA, Amelia Court House
Joined Oct 2010
2,356 Posts
[QUOTE=kerwin50;1913966]Guys we can't paint the world with a wide brush.
Of course I pay alot of attention to her and am always watching shows with her I hate. We also do alot of thinngs I don't like but I do them cheerfully. This makes her feel guilty and then she want to do or buy the things I want.
QUOTE]

Forgive me, but how is making her feel guilty a good thing?
Luchnia is offline Find More Posts by Luchnia
Old 02-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Find More Posts by dhawks
Hampton, Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
90 Posts
For all of you wondering why more women don't support this hobby, all you have to do is look at the main forums page of Flying Giants.

It's hard to ignore a big red flag that draws your eye right to the title of this thread.
dhawks is offline Find More Posts by dhawks
Old 02-21-2013, 01:12 PM
ant
Find More Posts by ant
ant
United States, RI
Joined Apr 2011
1,735 Posts
I brought my girl flying a couple times,big mistake. She thinks it's the dorkiest thing ever and just made fun of it.

Another time,I was flying and wearing shorts with an elastic band,big mistake, she "pantsed" me while flying. I almost crashed .

I was so pissed.lol
ant is offline Find More Posts by ant
Old 02-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Find More Posts by db1331
United States, SC, Sumter
Joined Jul 2007
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant View Post
I brought my girl flying a couple times,big mistake. She thinks it's the dorkiest thing ever and just made fun of it.

Another time,I was flying and wearing shorts with an elastic band,big mistake, she "pantsed" me while flying. I almost crashed .

I was so pissed.lol
LOL , you gotta love her !
db1331 is offline Find More Posts by db1331
Old 02-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Chix fly too.
Joined Jul 2011
1,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhawks View Post
For all of you wondering why more women don't support this hobby, all you have to do is look at the main forums page of Flying Giants.

It's hard to ignore a big red flag that draws your eye right to the title of this thread.
As a girl into RC planes since I was 8, off and on at least, I have to totally bite my tongue when I see the mysogenistic angry title of this thread.

To the OP, maybe if you treated your ex withe the respect for her gender this thread is utterly lacking she wouldn't have left you.
Languid Virago is offline Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Old 02-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Find More Posts by dhawks
Hampton, Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
90 Posts
My wife goes flying with me all the time. She flies helis and planes both and even hangs out in the shop when we're working on planes and helis.

I have difficulty walking so one day she went out to the runway to retrieve my plane and one of the guys at the field commented: "I wish I could get my old lady to go get my plane for me."

My reply was: "Maybe if you didn't refer to her as your old lady..."

I don't think he got it.

Dennis
dhawks is offline Find More Posts by dhawks
Old 02-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Find More Posts by Hammerman
DA isn't Haulin it? It Drags
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2006
2,620 Posts
My wife of 28 years was aware of this hobby being a part of me when we were married and still knows it is a part of me. She goes from time to time with me but it isn't for her. Provides the away time we both like and need.
Hammerman is offline Find More Posts by Hammerman
Old 02-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Find More Posts by skidoo700f
Flyin' Around
United States, OH, Berlin Center
Joined Jan 2011
1 Posts
whow just so happens Iam looking for a women that can store planes clean planes and and hule my **** to the field need to give her a call. theres no f en women is worth losing your planes over. I gess that what happens when you spend to much time at the field.
skidoo700f is offline Find More Posts by skidoo700f
Old 02-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Find More Posts by Robotech
United States, AR, Pine Bluff
Joined Aug 2006
3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Languid Virago View Post
As a girl into RC planes since I was 8, off and on at least, I have to totally bite my tongue when I see the mysogenistic angry title of this thread.

To the OP, maybe if you treated your ex withe the respect for her gender this thread is utterly lacking she wouldn't have left you.
I agree with your statement with a caveat.

You would not have to go far to read or watch something anti-man. Seems every other commercial depicts a male as either stupid or lazy or both. Hell, entire TV series are dedicated to it. Take a gander at the covers of most women's magazines. Bet there is at least one derogatory headline aimed at men.

The difference is that in our politically correct, hyper sensitive world it is now only OK to publicly bash white, christian, males.
Robotech is offline Find More Posts by Robotech
Old 02-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
Zeeb
United States, UT, St. George
Joined Feb 2006
5,517 Posts
Quote:

Oh God, "mysogenistic"?

Go away.... by the way that word is spelled "misogynistic" and the fact that you do not know that, is part of the problem with you "people" who call us that....
Zeeb is online now Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old 02-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Chix fly too.
Joined Jul 2011
1,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Oh God, "mysogenistic"?

Go away.... by the way that word is spelled "misogynistic" and the fact that you do not know that, is part of the problem with you "people" who call us that....
I understand some guys are douchebags, see above petty comment about my spelling (not everyone is an American) yet completely ignoring the substance of what I wrote, classic ad hominem attack, I was responding to a previous comment about why many women don't support this hobby. This thread, its title and the majority of the responses are also a good demonstration of one of them. Luckily most guys aren't like the above quoted FG member or there would be no women who support the hobby at all.
Languid Virago is offline Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Old 02-21-2013, 11:27 PM View Post
Zeeb
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while Zeeb edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:16 AM
Find More Posts by Luchnia
Word up!
United States, VA, Amelia Court House
Joined Oct 2010
2,356 Posts
Quote:

Granted the title is a bit rough, however I am sure it is because the fellow is angry. We certainly don't know all the facts in this situation. The thing bothers me is that it is entirely possible that this fellow got the bad end of this.

If he is on the straight and level then we should at least respect that for what it is. What I posted about my mom and dad was real and acurate because I lived it first hand. My mom was simply as close to a mean spirited witch as I have seen in my lifetimea. Although I have seen a few others take men for everything they have. This does not discount that men are evil too. As I got older I learned to respect my mom, yet not allow her evil to work in my life or my childrens' lives.

Does this mean that all women are evil, absolutely not! I am married to a fantastic God fearing woman and we respect each other's space and we work hard at sharing. Relationships are not always cake walks. When reading the OP's post, I try to separate the anger and look at what may have happened.

The OP at least wanted to share and it appears he has walked away from it letting the woman have everything. Does she deserve everything? Maybe, maybe not - we don't know without knowing all the facts. Anything we do is speculation.

I think most would consent that the title is bad, yet why base your thoughts solely on the title? Look at what is inside. Maybe let the title alone and share some of your insight into this that would be helpful to others here, especially the OP that has been hurt by all of this. Do we think that he really wanted his marriage ruined and his life affected in this way?
Luchnia is offline Find More Posts by Luchnia
Old 02-22-2013, 07:29 AM
Find More Posts by scale only 4 me
It's Hooty Tooty Here?
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2010
1,960 Posts
The level of discourse on message boards has hit an all time low,, there's just no way of justifying the hatefulness in this thread.
scale only 4 me is offline Find More Posts by scale only 4 me
Last edited by scale only 4 me; 02-22-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Quick Reply