logo
Old 07-19-2019, 07:28 AM
Find More Posts by ttaylor63
United States, TX, Floresville
Joined Apr 2011
240 Posts
Yea I had one of the bigger Ravens & my canopy warped as well on it but not quite as bad as yours. Good luck on re maiden. Those temps sound little high but being on the ground with no air flow prolly is why... Why did you block off the 2 outside openings for anyways...Think gonna leave mine open & see. Where I live the outside temps are hovering around 90-100 degrees lately...
ttaylor63 is offline Find More Posts by ttaylor63
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-19-2019, 09:55 AM
Find More Posts by Phil liebo
Joined Apr 2018
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaylor63 View Post
Yea I had one of the bigger Ravens & my canopy warped as well on it but not quite as bad as yours. Good luck on re maiden. Those temps sound little high but being on the ground with no air flow prolly is why... Why did you block off the 2 outside openings for anyways...Think gonna leave mine open & see. Where I live the outside temps are hovering around 90-100 degrees lately...
Someone on this thread recommended I block those off so all of the air coming in would go directly over the cooling fins.
I realized after I did it that I no longer have access to my choke rod.
Now that I know what my temps are on the ground with no cowl, I will check it in the air and see if it runs cooler with those inlets blocked off, so I guess we are calling it an experiment for now.
Phil liebo is offline Find More Posts by Phil liebo
Old 07-19-2019, 01:28 PM
Find More Posts by Jason T
Canada, ON, Sudbury
Joined Sep 2015
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil liebo View Post
Someone on this thread recommended I block those off so all of the air coming in would go directly over the cooling fins.
I realized after I did it that I no longer have access to my choke rod.
Now that I know what my temps are on the ground with no cowl, I will check it in the air and see if it runs cooler with those inlets blocked off, so I guess we are calling it an experiment for now.
Did you open up the bottom more than your last pictures? and add a low pressure lip?
Im thinking that engine is going to be too hot.
Jason T is offline Find More Posts by Jason T
Old 07-19-2019, 03:06 PM
Joined Apr 2018
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason T View Post
Did you open up the bottom more than your last pictures? and add a low pressure lip?
Im thinking that engine is going to be too hot.
I did take a little more out and ran a bead of caulk to make a lip on the front edge. I wasnít able to get much more out of the opening unless I go ahead and take it out all the way around the exhaust tubes. Do you think I should do that? What max temp should I be looking for?
Old 07-20-2019, 01:29 PM
Joined Apr 2018
58 Posts
All went well with the re-maiden!
After repairing landing gear, installing new bowman ring, new VVRC fuel tank, re-installed carb gaskets,( one of the gaskets had a little folded over corner) ( Iím wondering if that was my problem the whole time)
Engine set super rich, no dead stick!
My temps were around 260 degrees in the air with new baffling. (Closing off twin air inlets, enlarging exit outlet)
3 great flights leaning out a little at a time. Nothing too exciting today, but she sure is a great flyer!
Canít wait to get engine fully broken in and really start to wring out this plane!
Old 07-20-2019, 02:39 PM
Find More Posts by ttaylor63
United States, TX, Floresville
Joined Apr 2011
240 Posts
Glad all went well on maiden. I'm plugging along on mine. Almost finished.. Just can't get motivated to finish it up.. The 100 plus temps dont help much either...
ttaylor63 is offline Find More Posts by ttaylor63
Old 07-20-2019, 06:31 PM
Find More Posts by AKNick
It's Tougher in Alaska
United States, AK, Juneau
Joined Feb 2014
271 Posts
Glad to hear it went well!!!
AKNick is offline Find More Posts by AKNick

Quick Reply