logo
Old 07-11-2019, 08:00 PM
Find More Posts by Rfabbre
Roseville CA
Joined Apr 2007
41 Posts
Discussion
Spektrum AR8010T issue

Just got the 8010 (genuine Spektrum) in the mail today but it has a problem. The little holes where you plug in the servo are too small. Only way I can get servos plugged in is to scrape a little off each side of the servo connector with an Exacto.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there an easier solution? This is a pain in the a**.
Rfabbre is offline Find More Posts by Rfabbre
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-11-2019, 08:27 PM
Find More Posts by LongRacing
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Jul 2018
35 Posts
Yep, I've had the same many of times. Seems like some types of servos are worse than others.. I'm sure your already aware.. Futaba servos need the little notch trimmed off as well.. but in addition to this.. yes some times the servo lead needs a bit of trimming. I actually use a drum wheel on my hand peice.
LongRacing is online now Find More Posts by LongRacing
Old 07-12-2019, 12:13 PM
Find More Posts by wfield0455
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Oct 2007
2,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfabbre View Post
Just got the 8010 (genuine Spektrum) in the mail today but it has a problem. The little holes where you plug in the servo are too small. Only way I can get servos plugged in is to scrape a little off each side of the servo connector with an Exacto.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there an easier solution? This is a pain in the a**.

All the Spektrum receivers seem to have an extremely tight fit around the servo connectors. I've never had to scrape any of them but they are a close to zero clearance fit and if not lined up perfectly you can't plug the connector in. I always assumed this was intentional to prevent a loose fitting servo connector from pulling out of the receiver in flight.
wfield0455 is offline Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old 07-13-2019, 05:06 PM
Find More Posts by Ozmodeller
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Jun 2008
58 Posts
Interesting, I have never had an issue with the fitting of any servo lead into either Spektrum or JR DMSS radios that I currently use until I bought a Pilot RC 2.2m Predator. Pilot provides all extension leads with this model which is fantastic, however every one of the male plugs was slightly oversize and would not even come close to fitting into the receiver.

Not really a big issue as I normally make all of my extension leads anyway so I had on hand the blank male plugs to resolve the problem.

In all my years of RC (more than 45!!) I was always of the belief that these plugs were all manufactured to a given specification, apparently Pilot have found a new source for them which appear to be incorrect.
Ozmodeller is offline Find More Posts by Ozmodeller
Old 07-14-2019, 10:55 AM
Find More Posts by Rfabbre
Roseville CA
Joined Apr 2007
41 Posts
The thing that strikes me strange is that I have several Spektrum receivers. My existing servos (several brands) all fit securely into all my receivers except the 8010T. It appears to me that Spektrum 's plastic case supplier for the 8010 got it wrong. I have tried about 10 different servos and none will fit without sanding or scraping the edge and the small 45 degree on each side. Bummer!
I hope Horizon is listening and can get this fixed on future receivers
Rfabbre is offline Find More Posts by Rfabbre
Old 07-23-2019, 09:30 PM
Find More Posts by Nevadahusker
United States, NV, Sparks
Joined Jul 2013
14 Posts
Analog servos

Can anyone tell me if Analog servos will work with the ar8019 receivers or do you need digital?
Nevadahusker is online now Find More Posts by Nevadahusker
Old 07-24-2019, 11:59 AM
Find More Posts by KMatch
United States, TX, Bay City
Joined Nov 2016
578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadahusker View Post
Can anyone tell me if Analog servos will work with the ar8019 receivers or do you need digital?
Make sure it binds as 22ms and analogs will be fine. 11ms can burn some up.
KMatch is offline Find More Posts by KMatch
Old 07-24-2019, 08:57 PM
Find More Posts by Nevadahusker
United States, NV, Sparks
Joined Jul 2013
14 Posts
Analog servos

Thanks KMatch!
Nevadahusker is online now Find More Posts by Nevadahusker
Old 07-25-2019, 08:55 AM
Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Electric Powered!
United States, GA, Buchanan
Joined Jan 2008
776 Posts
Yes... This is my only complaint about this RX its the first RX i have had such a hard time getting servos plugged into it.. I took a zacto knife and cut off the lil parts that between each of the ports. that seemed to help me. later i read about some cutting a angle on the plugs themselves. they are tight for sure. I have two and both the same on being tight.
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old 07-25-2019, 01:15 PM
Find More Posts by RCAddiction
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jan 2006
1,075 Posts
One would have thought that the team pilots would have noted this and Spektrum would have resolved this tight plug issue early on. I sold all of my AR8010T's, in part, due to this annoyance. My old Airtronics 2.4gHz receivers were tight fitting as well, but not as crazy tight as the AR8010T.

Maybe the slots are designed to only fit Spektrum servo plugs to discourage (and annoy) the rest of us who use other servos.
RCAddiction is offline Find More Posts by RCAddiction

Quick Reply