logo
Old 03-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Find More Posts by Spats
Spats Invitational
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2012
1,932 Posts
I have no real experience with full scale commercial airplanes except talking the flight attendants into another rum and coke.

Pakistan getting ready to load the nukes.
Spats is offline Find More Posts by Spats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-19-2014, 03:30 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spats View Post
Pakistan getting ready to load the nukes.
Right, because they could not think of any other way or any easier means to get ahold of an airliner. None of the several hundred already local would not do??
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Old 03-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Find More Posts by Spats
Spats Invitational
Joined Sep 2012
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Right, because they could not think of any other way or any easier means to get ahold of an airliner. None of the several hundred already local would not do??
Calm down, It was supposed to be a joke. I guess the humor did not fallow through that it was a far stretch of possibilities. I know as a liberal you don't want to believe terrorism is real anymore.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Find More Posts by funboy
Denver
Joined Aug 2006
4,622 Posts
Lots of unanswered questions.
funboy is offline Find More Posts by funboy
Old 03-19-2014, 04:34 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spats View Post
Calm down, It was supposed to be a joke. I guess the humor did not fallow through that it was a far stretch of possibilities. I know as a liberal you don't want to believe terrorism is real anymore.
How about giving the liberal thing a rest?? I lost 2 close friends on 9-11, so you bet your ass I have first hand knowledge that terrorism exists. Honestly, I will admit that I just don't get where there is much room for joking about this tragedy. 239 people are more than likely laying dead at the bottom of the Indian Ocean, so I guess the humor of that situation escapes me. Sorry. Must be a liberal thing I guess.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:36 PM
Find More Posts by ROBC
United States, NY, Homer
Joined Jul 2006
200 Posts
Simple, It's on the botton of the ocean. People just just don't know how teeny tiny a plane is when it comes to the size of the ocean. They will find it sooner or later.
ROBC is offline Find More Posts by ROBC
Old 03-19-2014, 04:41 PM
Find More Posts by Spats
Spats Invitational
Joined Sep 2012
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
How about giving the liberal thing a rest?? I lost 2 close friends on 9-11, so you bet your ass I have first hand knowledge that terrorism exists. Honestly, I will admit that I just don't get where there is much room for joking about this tragedy. 239 people are more than likely laying dead at the bottom of the Indian Ocean, so I guess the humor of that situation escapes me. Sorry. Must be a liberal thing I guess.
Bill, Come on man. Really?

Some how you manage to turn everything into a debate. I'll end it now for you. Your totally correct and I am totally wrong. Hope your happy with this. Please let it go.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:07 PM
Find More Posts by reyn3545
United States, FL, Mulberry
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts
Lots of possibilities exist, none of them with a happy ending. Everyone probably has one theory that they are most comfortable with, based on the facts that best support their position.

I'd like to think that the pilot(s) tried to divert to an alternative landing site based on a cockpit emergency, then became incapacitated, with the plane flying on that course until it ran out of fuel. That would explain many details, but it also brings up several other questions... like why has no floating debris been spotted... anywhere.

The media is leading us to believe that the pilot(s) had less than stellar intentions, and that the airplane COULD have landed and been placed in a hangar pending some future use. I tend to follow this theory also, admitting that it also brings up several unanswered questions.... If the plane did come in for a controlled landing, why didn't cellphones reconnect to local towers? Surely the governments involved have searched the cellphone records of the passengers. How did it possibly evade every tracking capability between where the transponder was shut off and where it eventually landed? Any airport large enough to accept this plane would also have a tower, manned 24/7. If a group of terrorists was in control of the plane, certainly not supported by the government wherever it landed... why would that government not notify someone the minute it landed? To Judge's point, if a government WAS involved, surely they could have taken control of a plane without having to hijack one full of passengers thousands of miles away.

Hopefully the next few days or even minutes will uncover details that lead to the passengers. Their families deserve all the efforts of all the countries involved in the search.
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old 03-19-2014, 05:10 PM
Find More Posts by Huckin Chuck
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Dec 2011
3,287 Posts
Here ya go. Here are 10,000 posts of speculation, headlines, insider reports, and everything else.
I adore Airliners.net and usually get my aviation news from there instead of mass media
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/6013265
Huckin Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Huckin Chuck
Old 03-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts
Plane took off. Plane climbed to cruise altitude. Plane failed to arrive at destination. Something bad probably happened to the plane and the 239 souls on board. As far as I can tell that is what we actually know. Everything else seems to be speculation, some of it probably valid, and a lot of it simply nonsense.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:28 AM
Find More Posts by DanielIsbell
My wife thinks I'm at work!
United States, CO, Eaton
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
any news today? didn't i hear something on the radio this morning about a possible crash site in the Indian ocean? or is that just more media speculation?
DanielIsbell is offline Find More Posts by DanielIsbell
Old 03-20-2014, 10:42 AM
Find More Posts by reyn3545
United States, FL, Mulberry
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts
Satellite images have spotted something of interest, planes and boats are in route to investigate further... At this point, they've said that it is a situation "of interest".
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old 03-20-2014, 10:45 AM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/20/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1
Old 03-20-2014, 11:07 AM
Find More Posts by DanielIsbell
My wife thinks I'm at work!
United States, CO, Eaton
Joined Jan 2013
216 Posts
Yup! Thats exactly what I heard part of this morning.
DanielIsbell is offline Find More Posts by DanielIsbell
Old 03-20-2014, 01:17 PM
Find More Posts by rcpilotacro
Fly Hard ! Fly Low ! Fly 3D
Joined Feb 2013
157 Posts
in the realms of plausibility this one stands out like a sore thumb

http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/po...ing-sia68-sq68
rcpilotacro is offline Find More Posts by rcpilotacro

Quick Reply